Moving to California late this year, NT Fam give me your input

Checking out some spots in Irvine this weekend. Didn't know rent prices were higher there.

Aliso Viejo isn't too bad. People seem friendly lol

Costa Mesa a good place to check out?

Check out Fullerton, Brea, Anaheim, and maybe Diamond Bar area but that's not considered OC area anymore. 1500 is definitely a doable price you just gotta look for it.

Dude that said stay away from Santa Ana. I thought Santa Ana is slowly moving up or at least the Downton area?

:lol:

Nah man Santa Ana has been and is still ghetto as hell. One of my cousins use to work at a Holiday Inn in Santa Ana and every time I would he see him at family get togethers and we would be chillin & choppin it up he would tell me the crazy stories he would have to deal with while he was at work. How hookers, pimps, druggies would show up and check in. He one time got a car license plate and called the cops on dudes who were holding up & robbing gas stations and liquor stores in the areas.

Glad my cousin no longer works at that hotel and now works in the post office.

Last edited:
So we started looking up apartments near Laguna Niguel and a lot of the reviews are kind of disturbing. Hoping I could find a nice spot not too far work or a privately owned apartment with a good landlord.

Honestly haven't heard that before and my cousins have lived in the area for over 10 years. Maybe crime has gone up recently. I use to go up there almost every other weekend to visit my cousins. Yes there are a bunch of Asians in the area but the area really lacks Seafood supermarkets, Filipino bakeries, and Filipino fast food places. For that type of stuff you'll have to head up to Cerritios which is literally Filipino central in the OC.

But yeah Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Mission Viejo for as long I remember has been a quiet community for rich white people and lots of retirement communities.

A nearby up and coming area is Rancho Santa Margarita the trade off though will be the traffic and the price of rentals in the area.

Honestly haven't heard that before and my cousins have lived in the area for over 10 years. Maybe crime has gone up recently. I use to go up there almost every other weekend to visit my cousins. Yes there are a bunch of Asians in the area but the area really lacks Seafood supermarkets, Filipino bakeries, and Filipino fast food places. For that type of stuff you'll have to head up to Cerritios which is literally Filipino central in the OC.

But yeah Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Mission Viejo for as long I remember has been a quiet community for rich white people and lots of retirement communities.

A nearby up and coming area is Rancho Santa Margarita the trade off though will be the traffic and the price of rentals in the area.
Thanks for the heads up. We've explored the area and you're right. There's only 1-2 Filipino grocery store/hot food spots in the area.

Closest thing we've seen was Seafood City in Irvine.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit longer. Our corporate bonuses are paid out in March and the review is late January.

If I stay at my current position, I will be eligible. But if I leave the position, I won't receive the bonus. Considering it's around 10K (projection), I'd like to stay until then.

I've visited like 3 times in the past 6 months and stayed over my friend's place in Diamond Bar. I love it there, but the commute would be too long. So still doing research, and hoping for a move before summer 18 .

How'd the move go?"

I haven't yet. i just got my 2017 performance meeting and the Bonus will be paid out 1st week of February. It was a good year so after Taxes I hope to pocket over 10K, which will help me with my expenses when I relocate.

So far, it's looking like Irvine, Fullerton area.

Ideally, I'd like to find a 1 Bedroom for around $1600 including Utilities. I hope that is Do-able.

Honestly this whole area is trash unless you like sitting in your car half the day and dealing with flakes and tweakers the rest. My pops moved to NoHo when I was 12 and I been back and forth since and lived in everything from the hood (Compton) to the gentrified wonderland (Echo Park) to the middle of nowhere (Palmdale) and I will never trick myself into believing the weather is worth it.

San Diego is pricier but light years beyond anything LA has to offer unless you just absolutely need to be able to shop 24/7 and have access to specific **** always. NYC and LA both have that in common, but it’s hardly a perk unless you’re beyond materialistic.

Raising a kid in LA/OC seems dark. Schools here are trash and I’m a Chicago cat lol!

Back
Top Bottom