Moving to Colorado?

I've recently began to show an interest in moving to Colorado. I'm tired of the south (currently in Georgia) and want a dramatic change and I also wantto get into snowboarding.

What cities/schools are worth going to?
nerd.gif
Also what should I know beforemaking such a big change?

My brother moved to Colorado Springs two winters ago from Florida. He loves it, he said he wish he made the move years ago.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

My brother moved to Colorado Springs two winters ago from Florida. He loves it, he said he wish he made the move years ago.
Everybody that I've talked to that knows somebody that has lived there before said they loved it, I've heard nothing but positive thingsabout it.....so far

Cool, but trust me there's no place like home! I hated Buffalo, N.Y. at the time, so I moved to Smyrna, Tenn (it's just outside of Nashville for thosewho don't know where Smyrna is) went to Paul Mitchell the School Nashville. I HATED Tenn, the whole damn state seemed commercial, like BARELy any mom andpop resturants! Buffalo has plenty of places to eat and the mom and pop resturants out number the commercial resturants. Plus the food was garbage. The onlything I do miss is all my friends I made down there. Other than that, it sucked. Even the club scene sucked. For example when I would go get a new drink theprices would go up, I paid 6 for a whiskey sour went back to get another one it went up $2 bucks so it was $8 for a damn drink! Um, bartender you charged me $6last time now it's $8? And the drinks weren't even that good! After that I stuck with beer.

Now I am back home and I am happy to be here! The food is like no other! Our wings, Pizza, Mom and Pop italian resturants beat any commercial resturant anyday!

I live in Louisiana and my father lives in Colorado so I went up there to visit him a lot, so I know where you're coming from.

-It's different. The air is more dry
-It's wayyyy colder...get used to driving in snow
-Snowboarding is awesome
-The food is better in the south
-The females are better down here
-Has a Citylike atmosphere rather than a Countrylike atmosphere.

IDK what else to put lol.

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

Cool, but trust me there's no place like home! I hated Buffalo, N.Y. at the time, so I moved to Smyrna, Tenn (it's just outside of Nashville for those who don't know where Smyrna is) went to Paul Mitchell the School Nashville. I HATED Tenn, the whole damn state seemed commercial, like BARELy any mom and pop resturants! Buffalo has plenty of places to eat and the mom and pop resturants out number the commercial resturants. Plus the food was garbage. The only thing I do miss is all my friends I made down there. Other than that, it sucked. Even the club scene sucked. For example when I would go get a new drink the prices would go up, I paid 6 for a whiskey sour went back to get another one it went up $2 bucks so it was $8 for a damn drink! Um, bartender you charged me $6 last time now it's $8? And the drinks weren't even that good! After that I stuck with beer.

Now I am back home and I am happy to be here! The food is like no other! Our wings, Pizza, Mom and Pop italian resturants beat any commercial resturant any day!
I know the whole there's no place like home thing is true cuz i just moved back from atl a month ago, but I'm talking about Colorado notNew York or Tenn

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Everybody that I've talked to that knows somebody that has lived there before said they loved it, I've heard nothing but positive things about it.....so far
He just said it's like nothing he's ever experienced before. Weather, geography, people, attitudes, he's all different and uniquethan his past experiences.

I've been to Colorado and I love it out there!

My wife and I looked at homes out there and we could get like 5x the house that we can get here in The Bay. Our draw back is leaving the fam. Our WHOLEEEEEEEEEfam is here in Northern California, so it doesn't look like this will be anywhere in the near future.

Oh....and I recommend getting into snowboarding no matter where you live. You can make it happen! I've been boarding for about 15 years now and love everyminute of it. There is not a better more happier time then when I am out on the mountain. Plus
pimp.gif
while out on the mountain makes it even better word to John Stewart in HalfBaked.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Just In Time

I've been to Colorado and I love it out there!

My wife and I looked at homes out there and we could get like 5x the house that we can get here in The Bay. Our draw back is leaving the fam. Our WHOLEEEEEEEEE fam is here in Northern California, so it doesn't look like this will be anywhere in the near future.

Oh....and I recommend getting into snowboarding no matter where you live. You can make it happen! I've been boarding for about 15 years now and love every minute of it. There is not a better more happier time then when I am out on the mountain. Plus
pimp.gif
while out on the mountain makes it even better word to John Stewart in Half Baked.
laugh.gif
15 years? Wow, maybe you can give me some details and tips about snowboards and everything I need to know about it. PM me.
And Big J if that place is like your brother claims then I definitely need to go, I've been in GA waaay too long

Originally Posted by kix4kix

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

x2

Even Denver isn't worth much. You might as well push another couple hundred miles west and come to cali. If you're into sking, southern cali ornothern cali it doesn't matter, slopes a couple hours drive either way.

I got close family friends who moved from Denver to Oakland after living in Colorado their whole lives. They've been out here for 8 years now. What raceare you? I hate to say it but it actually might matter.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

x2

Even Denver isn't worth much. You might as well push another couple hundred miles west and come to cali. If you're into sking, southern cali or nothern cali it doesn't matter, slopes a couple hours drive either way.

I got close family friends who moved from Denver to Oakland after living in Colorado their whole lives. They've been out here for 8 years now. What race are you? I hate to say it but it actually might matter.
I don't know if I could handle Cali, how did they like Denver? And I'm a 23 yr old black male. Anton Ga isnt too bad but I've been herfor most of my life and it doesnt appeal to me anymore
ohwell.gif

I've recently began to show an interest in moving to Colorado. I'm tired of the south (currently in Georgia) and want a dramatic change and I also want to get into snowboarding.

nerd.gif
Also what should I know before making such a big change?
what the hell you thinking.....them snow bunnies messingwith your brain????

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

I've recently began to show an interest in moving to Colorado. I'm tired of the south (currently in Georgia) and want a dramatic change and I also want to get into snowboarding.

nerd.gif
Also what should I know before making such a big change?
what the hell you thinking.....them snow bunnies messing with your brain????
Man eff them snow bunnies, if I start messing with em when I get there Imma fall right back into the same ways I did before and thats the lastthing I need

colorado from ATL? hmm, i guess...and a black man snowboarding
laugh.gif
i gotta see this.

if you still want the big city thing, do denver...it'll snow one day and be 70 the next.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif
i gotta see this.

if you still want the big city thing, do denver...it'll snow one day and be 70 the next.

naw that ninja dont stay in the A....if he did I doubt he would move to Co

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif
i gotta see this.

naw that ninja dont stay in the A....if he did I doubt he would move to Co
Not anymore I don't but when I do go snowboarding Imma post pics/vids of the process
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

x2

Even Denver isn't worth much. You might as well push another couple hundred miles west and come to cali. If you're into sking, southern cali or nothern cali it doesn't matter, slopes a couple hours drive either way.

I got close family friends who moved from Denver to Oakland after living in Colorado their whole lives. They've been out here for 8 years now. What race are you? I hate to say it but it actually might matter.
I don't know if I could handle Cali, how did they like Denver? And I'm a 23 yr old black male. Anton Ga isnt too bad but I've been her for most of my life and it doesnt appeal to me anymore
ohwell.gif

There were parts about it they liked and parts about it they didn't like. They moved to Oakland for a reason. Keep in mind this was a middle class blackfamily with two young kids at the time. For certain reasons they thought the Bay Area would be a better location to raise a family. As for handling Cali,culture wise I wouldn't worry about the Bay Area, gotta be one of the easiest regions to transition to aside from the financial strains. Southern cal onthe other hand I could see being difficult.

Back
Top Bottom