Moving to Huntsville, AL

So Im moving to Huntsville, Al in about 4weeks. I wanted to know what the local sneakerhead scene shoe stores looked like; is there anything exclusive there, SB accounted stores etc, or will I have to travel back home to GA for major releases. Also, where do cats hoop at out there?

Oakwood and Alabama A&M are up there right?

Thanks fellas

yeah Oakwood and A&M are here. and more than likely if you want anything that's not general release you'll have to travel.
we have a shop Kreativ.Sole cool people work there but he doesn't really have shoes yet. He has a good amount of streetwear like tees and such.

and I play ball at Dublin Park in Madison or on base. are you coming here for school or what?

Wes, if you taking at least 12 hrs you gotta hit up the UFC on Fridays. I hoop there Tues/Thurs/Fri and sometimes Justin (JWM) comes by from A&M and graces us with his presence
laugh.gif

But yeah Huntsville sucks. I came here from Kansas City area almost 2 years ago (Julyish) and I thought Kansas City was bad. We had a sneaker spot downtown that shut down and then Footlocker/FinishLine/etc. (only 1 LS account) but Huntsville is even worse. Just typical mall stores and our "sneaker boutique" doesn't even sell sneakers. I talked to T.Large right when he was starting up last year and he said they already had a JB account/etc. I asked him how he pulled it off when the store was just opening and he just said it was a "blessing". I eventually went by the store in June and they still had no shoes but I met him and his people and they are good dudes. He was swearing they were going to have some shoes in August and as far as I know they still don't. Dude's legit though, his mentor has a major sneaker boutique in Ohio (I think Cincinnati); so he knows what he is doing, just still lacking shoes.

@OMGitswes- Im coming up there to work on base/for base. I was just up there over the weekend and will now be staying off of memorial pkwy. Checked out Kreativ Sole the cat was I spoke with was pretty cool dude. Checked both malls and it seemed ok for malls in general. My homie told me there is some good games on base, can't wait to find out. Whats game like in Dublin Park.

@p0tat0 5alad- Where is this UFC? I was told there was some good game on A&M and Oakwood. I have a few lil homies that go there.

Its quite upsetting that there is no stores with SB accounts.

I kept meaning to go by there last semester but just never did, and i'm not a full time student now so idk if I can or not. I'll be on base a lot this summer playing, I want to go by UFC to see what it's like cause I've never even been in there (is it free?). and UFC is off of Holmes? I'm probably wrong but its on UAH campus

and games at Dublin are lame honestly, it's mainly high school kids but a friend of mine only goes there so I go when he asks.

UFC is UAH's gym. Its on campus pn the corner of Bob Wallace & Holmes, across the street from the parking garage & soccer fields. I think registration is $50 w/ $15 per month. Its like $10 for a 24hr guest pass though. Justin has come up like 3 times.

I've played at Dublin once & yeah, bunch of high schoolers. What time you play on base Wes? I went once during winter break with my pops. He works across the street from the gym so we went there around 5 AM and it was mostly 30+ year old guys. Some good runs but most trickled out quickly due to work or fatigue.

I play with some dudes that graduated from Oakwood but I just assumed we play at a convenient time for them. I have a friend that hoops at Oakwood but I don't know how the runs are. And Justin goes to A&M but I don't know if he hoops up there or not.

Well I'm officially down here now. You actually have to register for a college gym? That sounds ridiculous to me, but w/e. My homeboy told me there is some play up at Oakwood on Fridays, know anything about that? I been here for two days and have been bored as hell. I need to find a gym quick!

What is the play like @ A&M? My Tuskegee hommie told me they got run up there.

hooping at a&m is terrible the floor is trash but we suppose to have our new gym which is just like uah's rec open up this summer and marqus u better tell wes bout the sensation

lol @ the sensation? we're far from the jersey shore.
I've never been to the UFC, I need to though. When do yall be there? everytime I pass by it looks like there's just one guy in the gym shooting around.

and i'm not full time now anymore, and going to take a class at calhoun this summer. But since I'm Co-op through UAH I should still be able to go register right?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

lol @ the sensation? we're far from the jersey shore.
I've never been to the UFC, I need to though. When do yall be there? everytime I pass by it looks like there's just one guy in the gym shooting around.

and i'm not full time now anymore, and going to take a class at calhoun this summer. But since I'm Co-op through UAH I should still be able to go register right

It varies during the schoolyear but during the summer its pretty much Mon-Thurs 3:30-6, Fri 2:30-6, Sat 10-12. I don't go on Saturdays because I value my sleep but the summer runs are the best because most people are back from school, etc. I'm not sure how that works, though so I can't help you.

And this dude Justin be calling himself the "sensation" when he averages like 3 pts, 2 fouls, and 1 square-up a game
laugh.gif

bro u know i had at least 2 highlight plays a game dont lie and 3 pts a game?? boi stop!!! buy our wellness center should be up in the summer
ill keep yall updated to see if it cost to get in and if it does ill find a way to sneak yall in

Back
Top Bottom