Moving to Los Angeles from the DMV - Sup?

I posted this in the SoCal section but I thought I'd try here as well to gauge responses from others that may have made the same move.

So I recently accepted a tentative job offer for a position in Los Angeles, either in North or West LA. I've never been to LA and was born and raised in the DMV area my whole life. What's there to do & expect? Where are the good/nice neighborhoods or specific places to live? Looks like I won't be moving until mid to late Summer so I have a good amount of time to prepare. Any other suggestions or tips are appreciated!

>D

dat cross country move... :pimp: :pimp:

what is the job, and how old are you brah?

expect for people not to understand a damb thing you're saying either...

i moved from houston to dallas... 4 hour drive... its like night and day... :lol:

still getting used to people saying "hurr" instead of hair.

To clarify on my situation:

- I'm 22
- No kids
- Not married
- Leaving my Jeep here in MD and end up buying a new car out there. Probably something practical, like a Civic or Corolla, or just get what I want - BRZ.

Live downtown, if you work north of downtown you may be able to take the Gold Line to work which would save you the hassle of driving through traffic. Not to mention downtown is just the best place for a young person in LA to live in my opinion.

-for sure you will need a car
-since your a bachelor, doubt rent will be higher than 1200 in a cool lil area
-there are tons of nightclubs to pick up on any yambs
-you will definitely enjoy the weather
Any other questions? Congrats on getting the job too

dat cross country move...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what is the job, and how old are you brah?

expect for people not to understand a damb thing you're saying either...

i moved from houston to dallas... 4 hour drive... its like night and day...
laugh.gif

still getting used to people saying "hurr" instead of hair.
random but i like dallas ALOT better then houston. Houston is just .......to me but i do say dallas is completely different from any city in texas.

Still need to make a trip to LA tho

To clarify on my situation:

- I'm 22
- No kids
- Not married
- Leaving my Jeep here in MD and end up buying a new car out there. Probably something practical, like a Civic or Corolla, or just get what I want - BRZ.

forget da BRZ and cop da WRX
brz so over rated

and for 1800 you'll get a decent area

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom