Moving to New Brunswick, NJ tomorrow, what to do when I am there?

Sup NT,

I got a promotion recently that requires me to work in New Brunswick, I have visited there once and I thought it was pretty cool since Rutgers is right around the corner from my job. But where the places I should go to eat? shop? Malls? clubs/bars? anything that would make New Brunswick standout, I am leaving tomorrow from Maryland.

New Brunswick? not bad......I dont live there but I'm in the area from time to time, and play baseball out there in the summer.

What company if you dont mind me asking?

There's woodbridge mall in woodbridge and menlo park mall in edison. Menlo's a little closer to NB than woodbridge but neither one of them is far.

There's also East Brunswick mall I believe, but I've never been there personally.

You'll get to know route(s) 1& 9 very quickly. A VERY long road that stretches through ALOT of NJ, has restaurants, movie theaters, car dealerships, etc. etc.

There are are other malls too depending on how far you're willing to travel.

^ Yep everything he said. You could find everything route 1&9. Actually you could check out route 22 for even more stuff. I believe downtown New BRunswick has some restaurants and lounges. Im in the area in Plainfield, NJ btw

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

New Brunswick? not bad......I dont live there but I'm in the area from time to time, and play baseball out there in the summer.

What company if you dont mind me asking?

There's woodbridge mall in woodbridge and menlo park mall in edison. Menlo's a little closer to NB than woodbridge but neither one of them is far.

There's also East Brunswick mall I believe, but I've never been there personally.

You'll get to know route(s) 1& 9 very quickly. A VERY long road that stretches through ALOT of NJ, has restaurants, movie theaters, car dealerships, etc. etc.

There are are other malls too depending on how far you're willing to travel.

thanks man, just got here today. I got promoted to be the Executive Housekeeping manager at Hyatt New Brunswick. Just got here today, I already feel a bit homesick since I know NO ONE out here, but we shall see

the hyatt? i work right down the street.. new bruns is good during school time, but is kinda dead durin summer/winter breaks.. dont worry about places to eat, lots of variety on easton ave

Hyatt huh? Nice....my gf lives right near/off Easton in Somerset.

Make sure you hit Gio's in NB after you get situated lol.

take the nj turnpike north to jersey city, then to journal square. get on the train and get off manhattan. now youre straight. :-D

your welcome.

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

take the nj turnpike north to jersey city, then to journal square. get on the train and get off manhattan. now youre straight. :-D

your welcome.
Could just hop on the train from brunswick.

New Brunswick is a college town. When Rutgers is in session, its busy and when its summer/winter break its dead.

If you take Route 18 south, you can get to the mall in East Brunswick in about 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by VTdestefano

find the nearest grease truck and order the "Fat b!tch" sandwich. seriously!

FAT AHNOLD >>>> all other fat sandwiches

seriously, one of the reasons i still work in this crap town is all the food place options on easton ave
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom