Moving to NYC - Vol: 3rd Coast

Is it true what they say about da Heightz?
Not tapped in enough anymore to give any input, but yeah i'm sure this is still valid.

And weirdly enough Yonkers seems on the comeup, with trains straight shot into midtown about 20 mins.

Open gym at LaGuardia Community College is $5 Or was 13 yrs ago lol 33rd and Rawson train stop in L.I.C Queens

"The Rotten Apple made me like this"

"New York made me this way...."

I've been here more than 35 years. Highs and lows. Makes you and breaks you. Prices are getting higher around here. Good luck op.

Op never really said his budget. What do you expect to pay for a 2 bdr a month in Manhattan? I suggest looking for a rent stabilized apt which means it will be in old *** building

I was expecting $5 to $7k for a decent 2 bedroom.

Budget out the gate will be ~$3 to $4k. After feeling the city out for a year or two, I want to choose a place to really sit down in, regardless of the price.

I've been looking at Downtown Brooklyn, LES, and UES

:nerd: :nerd:

Where are you moving from?

Will you be living alone?

Yeah, dolo and the South.

I plan on hosting folks from back home who in NYC for vacation, so want to be in the mix.

-Cheapest gym membership is PUSH Fitness. Might be able to get it for $10 a month.

-If you got the money, join Equinox or Lifetime Fitness. The best yambs in NY will be found here, good hoopers, and everyone making 100k plus (influencers, doctors, real estate, etc) so it’s a good networking time too during a work out. I had a year membership and the amount of people I added to my circle is insane. Just good connects all around. Eventually moved to a building that had a gym so didn’t need to fork over the $300/m

-Basketball leagues not necessary in the summer. Eventually you’ll network and find some indoor leagues or open gyms during fall and winter. Most parks are packed, if you want good competition go to the Brooklyn Bridge park by the water.

-Rent in Astoria (15 min train ride to Midtown)

-Astoria also has w.e bars, hookah lounges, etc you’re looking for within walking distance.

I’ve been here for 25+ years now and still haven’t seen everything. There’s too much to see. I can recommend you 100 bars/lounges/restaurants etc and you’ll still only rotate the same 5-10 spots.

I saw that Astoria has great proximity to Midtown but I've never heard of it. Why isn't it talked about more, seems really well-positioned. I've lived in downtown southern cities so if it's one of those "right outside the city" gems, then i FW w/ those (the Cedars in Dallas).

I see it's close to downtown Brooklyn, too.

Does it have the yamb effect, though? "I live in ___," "oh really?" :nerd: :nerd:

Equinox or Lifetime? Either one may be the move + yambage is a bonus. The networking is the most important though. I'm trying to get the most out of NYC, knowing folks is half the battle.

Good note on the leagues. I just need to find a few runs and I can navigate from there (my handle still brazy). I never been an outdoor dude, but all good.

Your last point is why I'm so hype about the move. I need to find a way to balance trying new stuff while establishing myself at places. Any recommendations will be fa sho tapped into.

:pimp: :pimp:

My friend used to live next to Astoria Park. Great area, lots of diverse food and women.

Here go another one, posted 4 hrs ago on this channel so it’s probably gone now

NYC is horrible now, I hate it. OP, get the hell out of our city lol.

Different worlds in NYC though, is it really bad for someone who can potentially do 7k a month rent?

I was expecting $5 to $7k for a decent 2 bedroom.

Budget out the gate will be ~$3 to $4k. After feeling the city out for a year or two, I want to choose a place to really sit down in, regardless of the price.

I've been looking at Downtown Brooklyn, LES, and UES

:nerd: :nerd:

Yeah, dolo and the South.

I plan on hosting folks from back home who in NYC for vacation, so want to be in the mix.

Probably 7-9 for a 2bedroom like what you’re used to (decent amenities in a nice building, etc.)

Since your solo might be better to get a nice 1bedroom in a similar building for a few grand less.

Different worlds in NYC though, is it really bad for someone who can potentially do 7k a month rent?
If you can swing 5-7k a month you good. That’s why I didn’t even answer op he can basically live in any neighborhood with that budget. With that bread get a brownstone in Harlem b around hamilton place. Just be warned one block up or down and it’s hood again lol plus Dave East has a dispensary/bodega a block away on 145th that closes 12-1 am some nights

handullz handullz you should also consider Forest Hills and Rego Park.

Nice areas I live right by Austin Street and there's always some activity going on there.

2900 for a spacious 2br in Brooklyn with no egress windows. Seems illegal but someone probably already rented it

NYC got folks at their mercy. Charging those kind of prices for a glorified closet.

Astoria would be a good vibe for u. U looking to get a decent type of apartment or go the luxury route cuz there’s a lot of new luxury buildings around the way

Back
Top Bottom