Moving to NYC - Vol: 3rd Coast

Get a crib in Stamford "live" in NYC like me

20DE391E-35DF-46DA-B6CF-C6E08D486E92.jpeg

Can someone who lives in NYC tell me what the benefits are?

EYE don’t see any outside of just saying you live in NYC.

I come in peace.

EYE am trying to understand the appeal. I visited, didn’t see it. Will be visiting again this year maybe I missed something?

Not trying to disrespect your city (this time)
No disrespect taken lol

You don't see the appeal because you're washed

I be washed too Brody so I hate my city at least 50% of the time

NYC literally open all day you can do/get whatever you want …they get points for just that alone

This is what it comes down to. You can literally get anything within walking distance at pretty much any time of the day. You’ll never be bored unless you want to be. Always something going on.

Visiting NYC wont do you any favors. You might do some touristy **** but you won’t really understand unless you live here.

:lol:

If you have money, there's nothing this place doesn't have except good weather year round. I can't imagine not always having a spot here/visiting part time.

This is not for the regular 9-5 cat making average wages. There are much better places to live for those aiming for/living that life.
Agreed 100 percent on this. If you're living a 9 to 5 and relying on a 401K IT won't work for you. Only thing that I'll add to that is that if you're in your 20's, just finished college and can get a job and start building career experience than NY is a helluva ride. Especially if you're not from a big city. You will learn life lessons.
I come in peace.

EYE am trying to understand the appeal. I visited, didn’t see it. Will be visiting again this year maybe I missed something?

You didn't miss anything B.

That's basically a dorm room. If that bathroom down the hall is only used by her then it's not too bad.

Its a walk in closet, literally. It was like 48 sq ft. Would be amazing to own property in nyc, the stuff you can so as a landlord would be illegal in literally every other city in America and not only will people come rent it, they’ll come in droves and fight and pay a 6x rent deposit sight unseen. Own a house, that could be like 20 studio apartments

Stuff like this makes me feel spoiled.

I live in a 950 square foot 1-bedroom and still feel like I could use more space.

Its a walk in closet, literally. It was like 48 sq ft. Would be amazing to own property in nyc, the stuff you can so as a landlord would be illegal in literally every other city in America and not only will people come rent it, they’ll come in droves and fight and pay a 6x rent deposit sight unseen. Own a house, that could be like 20 studio apartments
It doesn't always work that way and some of the stuff you're seeing is illegal. Some of those "apartments" are located in "desired" neighborhoods, hence why people are willing to pay so much for these shoebox sized living spaces. What makes them desired is a myriad of reasons(schools, neighborhood prestige, etc). Then there are some that people live in out of desperation cause it's what they can afford and others rent them cause they want to role play the "NYC experience". Then there are those who have options that pay crazy rent for a box just to want to say "I live in such and such neighborhood". Some could pay a fraction of the price and get a larger sized apartment but in a not so desired neighborhood.

Also, small time landlords aren't making huge amounts of money. Some own a one or two familiy that they live in and are depending on the rent to help pay the mortgage. Those with a one family may rent out a room or rent out the basement. There was a lady in Brooklyn whose tenant stopped paying rent a couple of months after moving in. She asked the tenant to bounce and they refused and started doing all kinds of malicious stuff, such as throwing parties, running A/C during the winter 24/7 and leaving light/water running. The landlord end up having to renting out the area she was living in and sleeping in her car in order to pay the mortgage. And there are plenty of more stories similar to this one. The judges will usually side with the tenant and give them 6+ month extensions while the small time landlord probably end up in foreclosure.

Its not like a poverty or corruption/oppression induced reason, she voluntarily chose to live like that. She said her rent used to be 3200 and you have to make 40x the rent usually so she makes at least 128K and lives in a walk in closet by choice with a shared bathroom

Its not like a poverty or corruption/oppression induced reason, she voluntarily chose to live like that. She said her rent used to be 3200 and you have to make 40x the rent usually so she makes at least 128K and lives in a walk in closet by choice with a shared bathroom
Which I mentioned in my post. There are some with options who want to roleplay the NYC "struggle experience".

I come in peace.

-Top 3 nightlife with bars and restaurants that close going into the next morning (Even tho Covid hit this aspect of the city it’s coming back)
-Top 3 food scene (def still the first in fine dinning if you’re willing to spend that)
-Top 3 shopping and the best brands come from nyc (polo, supreme etc) or set up main base here
-Best and easiest city to travel in America without car at any time of day by farrrrr
-convenience is unmatchable in other city in America by farrrr
-Bodegas/delis are so clutch since most people in nyc don’t go to supermarkets like that.
-the people. Nothing like us
-NYC is like the iPhone of city’s. There are probably better city’s overall (not for me) but It’s ease of use trumps the negative

Last edited:
where are the best spots to go out to for night life? mid-town manhattan, times square, etc., or are those areas too touristy? how about during winter, january?

where are the best spots to go out to for night life? mid-town manhattan, times square, etc., or are those areas too touristy? how about during winter, january?
Dyckman

Edit: But for real dyckman is popping even through Covid when everything was closing early dyckman was still jumping. If that Latino, hip hop, south beach vibe is not for you go to lower east side or bushwick. Lots of good restaurants and bars some have dance floors. Greenpoint is lowkey too

Last edited:
LES, Korea town not bad and can be a lil vibe. Bushwick and Williamsburg is cool too. Go to Smith Street in Brooklyn especially on a Friday Evening/Night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom