Moving to tampa, what to expect???

So im making the move to Tampa FL, Seminole area in a few weeks and im coming from LA...ive been before and went to a couple shoe spots. it seems as if everything is super far and have to cross bridges to get to. I just quit my t-mobile, job would it be ez to get a cell phone job? besides the 5 guys i dont kno what to look forward to

I've lived Tampa all 24 years of my life and I love it.  Unfortunately, from a sneakerhead viewpoint, there is not a lot of spots.  We have a couple like Harold Pener, Skate Park of Tampa, and your usual mall retailers.  Orlando has a bunch of outlets that are pretty tight though.  As far as streetwear, Renown in Ybor is pretty tight.  There are some other places but you really have to look.  The sneaker scene is expanding though and has finally started to come together.  As far as the city in general you have the Bucs, Rays, Lightning, USF, and the Magic are only an hour and a half away so if you're into sports you have them all.  You should have no problem with finding a cell phone job, there seems to always be openings.  I have a sister that moved to LA and she said weather wise its just way more humid over here but about the same.  Ybor is where all the clubs are if you're into that, its like a mini-burbon street, channelside is another nightspot, and hyde park has a bunch of upscale bars.  I suggest you get a cuban sandwich and a cafe con leche as soon as you get here because that is what we are known for.  (La Septima, Columbia restuarant and Brocato's are all legit).  Its a decent size city and there is always something to do.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask. 

black chiney im not sure of the area, i just kno the city is Seminole

ijustice good looking out, im starting out fresh so it will def be a lil getting use to. Ionly kno my sister and bro n law so im xpecting the first
few months to be a lil boring untill I can meet people, do you think the sneakaer community is big enuff to start a buy/trade like say a dunk exchange?

I def think that there are enough sneakerheads to get something like that going.  Me and some of the local sneakerheads and boutiques have been working on getting something like that going on its just a matter of finding a venue and communication.  There is one central place that everyone frequents so its hard to get the message out.  The local radio station tried to put something on in Dec. but that had some guy selling fake J's and cheap sunglasses as one of its booths smh.  Hopefully within a few months here we can get something going. 

^^ lmk i wanna laugh too
laugh.gif

ijustice - id like to work on getting it started or help out, i need to get my feet wet...i got a studio apt today
in clearwater, hope its a good area..i wont b thr till the 1st tho...look forward to eating at the spots u mentioned

Back
Top Bottom