MTA to eliminate Student Metrocards

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Originally Posted by NLoc

if they can afford expensive sneakers, ipods, sidekicks, and all other silly stuff why cant they shell out 2.25$ for the fare?
PREACH!

The days that I take the 7/Q17 home during the morning or afternoons, it is IMPOSSIBLE (no exaggeration) to find a teen without ipods/itouches/blackberrys/sidekicks/dunks/etc. The same with when I chill with my dude by Queensbridge--there are so many teens that have expensive as- gear/accessories, I mean its a housing project..
if they really want to go to school, they'll find a way to buy a metrocard (which should be half price, though)
What about the kids that don't have that?
true, they are out there but im so used to seeing the aforementioned..it should be income-based or something, there are way too many kids in nycwith extra $$ for dumb $%%*

so what if they have those things?...maybe other family members gave that to them for special occasions knowing that their immediate family didn't have themeans to do so.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

I miss those Student Metrocards but glad I don't have to depend on them anymore

Originally Posted by ninjahood

expect truancy to go WAAY up
qft
or expect kids hoppin the train alot more.
some kids dont want to go to school imagine if they have to pay to go to school.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

if they can afford expensive sneakers, ipods, sidekicks, and all other silly stuff why cant they shell out 2.25$ for the fare?
PREACH!

The days that I take the 7/Q17 home during the morning or afternoons, it is IMPOSSIBLE (no exaggeration) to find a teen without ipods/itouches/blackberrys/sidekicks/dunks/etc. The same with when I chill with my dude by Queensbridge--there are so many teens that have expensive as- gear/accessories, I mean its a housing project..
if they really want to go to school, they'll find a way to buy a metrocard (which should be half price, though)
What about the kids that don't have that?
true, they are out there but im so used to seeing the aforementioned..it should be income-based or something, there are way too many kids in nyc with extra $$ for dumb $%%*
well at least half then......

There is some truth in this statement

mta are effing pigs. they have bad service and trains are always delayed. and yet they raise the damn fare every year n @%@%. each round trip is 4.50. andabout 1.5 million a day travel these trains or more per day. now do the math. they are all money hungry man. i remember the 181st trains station collapse butyet people filed complaint on the 181st station for two years and they didnt fix it.

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

mta are effing pigs. they have bad service and trains are always delayed. and yet they raise the damn fare every year n @%@%. each round trip is 4.50. and about 1.5 million a day travel these trains or more per day. now do the math. they are all money hungry man. i remember the 181st trains station collapse but yet people filed complaint on the 181st station for two years and they didnt fix it.
this is extra true, i live a block away..da MTA is a broken system

when you 14-16 you usually don't have more then 4 dollars in your pocket and thats if ANYTHIN for food...cuz god knows that cafeteria slop isn't gettineaten
laugh.gif

mta are effing pigs. they have bad service and trains are always delayed. and yet they raise the damn fare every year n @%@%. each round trip is 4.50. and about 1.5 million a day travel these trains or more per day. now do the math. they are all money hungry man. i remember the 181st trains station collapse but yet people filed complaint on the 181st station for two years and they didnt fix it.

when you 14-16 you usually don't have more then 4 dollars in your pocket and thats if ANYTHIN for food...cuz god knows that cafeteria slop isn't gettin eaten
laugh.gif
yeah if you notice most of the stations have mold and its always dirty. i just want to know what they use all our money on cause obviously itsnot going back into the service.

expect truancy to go WAAY up

roll.gif
Especially in the Heights. All the kids need is a reason not to go toschool. Then again, most of them walk a couple blocks to G-Dubs H.S. anyway.

MTA is basura. The pretty much should wear ski masks while they conduct business.

PREACH!

I take the 7 home as well. And yeah, the kids nowadays have more gadgets than James Bonds. That's just the haves. They're alot of have nots, andthey shouldn't be punished.

when you 14-16 you usually don't have more then 4 dollars in your pocket and thats if ANYTHIN for food...cuz god knows that cafeteria slop isn't gettin eaten
laugh.gif
yeah if you notice most of the stations have mold and its always dirty. i just want to know what they use all our money on cause obviously its not going back into the service.
let's put it like this...da "whiter" da area da more likely da station gets renovated.

116street is as OLD as 181 and alot of those original IRT stations from 1900-1904 and so on but that station look da day it opened over 100 years ago.

laugh.gif
yeah if you notice most of the stations have mold and its always dirty. i just want to know what they use all our money on cause obviously its not going back into the service.
let's put it like this...da "whiter" da area da more likely da station gets renovated.

116street is as OLD as 181 and alot of those original IRT stations from 1900-1904 and so on but that station look da day it opened over 100 years ago.
exactly but its funny you state that because i live in the heights and theres so many new white residents around here. i feel like they pushingall of the dominicans and minorities to dyckman or something. but deadass the 1 line is horrible all the stations from 96st n up is bad.

laugh.gif

exactly but its funny you state that because i live in the heights and theres so many new white residents around here. i feel like they pushing all of the dominicans and minorities to dyckman or something. but deadass the 1 line is horrible all the stations from 96st n up is bad.

laugh.gif
They are pushing DR people out. I see it around my old block(Fairview Ave stand up). The days of sharing a 3 bedroom apt with 10 of your relatives, while sharing a room with your brother and 2 cousins are coming to aclose. It's happening here in Harlem, where I reside.

gentrification has little to do with the ******ed way the MTA runs things. Any of yall remember like 4 years back when the MTA has a SURPLUS. then the nextyear they had millions in debt? very shady orginization and everyone knows it.

i rather this than tolls on the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Williamsburg bridges
happy.gif

MTA is the worst, my station is perfectly fine and they randomly decided to tear down half the station (downtown side). They recently started doing this to alot of stations along the Q line as well. Its been over a year and its clear they hire competent workers since i notice for MONTHS there was no work being donejust an occasional dude walking up and down the tracks.

How are they gonna raise the fare yet literally cut service in half for trains that are so inconsistent and never on time with daily delays? And now this?

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Good, ya need cars.

na fam nyc aint like the south or any other state at that. Cars would be a bad idea. plus there is enough traffic as it is now and no parking. imagine it withall these 15 16 and 17 yr old kids with cars.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KkennethJ

MTA is the worst, my station is perfectly fine and they randomly decided to tear down half the station (downtown side). They recently started doing this to a lot of stations along the Q line as well. Its been over a year and its clear they hire competent workers since i notice for MONTHS there was no work being done just an occasional dude walking up and down the tracks.

How are they gonna raise the fare yet literally cut service in half for trains that are so inconsistent and never on time with daily delays? And now this?
smh.gif
I feel like my mother"Back in my day the B use to run express, now.....smh"

i don't know if you dudes know this but most school districts don't give free bus/train passes. where i live, if you don't live a certain number ofmiles from the school, you either pay the full price for a bus pass ($55) or find an alternative way to school.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

exactly but its funny you state that because i live in the heights and theres so many new white residents around here. i feel like they pushing all of the dominicans and minorities to dyckman or something. but deadass the 1 line is horrible all the stations from 96st n up is bad.

laugh.gif
They are pushing DR people out. I see it around my old block (Fairview Ave stand up). The days of sharing a 3 bedroom apt with 10 of your relatives, while sharing a room with your brother and 2 cousins are coming to a close. It's happening here in Harlem, where I reside.
its not gonna happen anywhere as fast as harlem because dominicans own da majorites of small business uptown...black dudes sold they soul to hugeretail

establishment. also remember that alot of these apartments are still protected under stabilized rents that can't be removed. whateva white cats moving inda heightz are

payin up da nose to mingle wit us.

also don't confuse fort washington ave w/ da rest of da heightz..thats been white and jews since as far as i remember...you wanna see a neighborhoodtransform

within 3 blocks? walk from 181 & broadway to 181 & cabrini ave....its like when u was in grand theft auto and a new section of da city loaded
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lrrr

i rather this than tolls on the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Williamsburg bridges
happy.gif
i somewhat agree with this too.....cuz they was gonna build da subways on da backs of people who don't even use da system & also peoplecomin from jersey via

da holland & Lincoln tunnels.

Back
Top Bottom