MTV's The Challenge

Yeah zit def spoiled it. No need to be kunty about it either. Not surprising though from him I suppose.
I just blocked his post the fact that he wanted to argue instead of just saying yeah my bad was all I needed to know I'm too old to sit there and try to argue about a reality show 😂🤷🏾‍♂️.

Back to the show I had a feeling all season ayana was going to end up screwing tek, whenever the choice came down between Brad and Jody and MJ and Joanna that would have been a tough decision for me to make but ultimately I think Brad would have crumbled in the final especially during the math portion but it's hard to predict all of that when you're actually in the game. Overall good season I definitely prefer the All-Stars to the flagship.

I still don’t understand how Darrell tricked that victory away. It seemed that they got there early enough where they could have read the board and re-enter the safe code.

If I am keeping it a buck, I’m glad no one from Save Thee Place won. But MJ didn’t even finish the third obstacle and was able to advance on Tek quitting. There was no advantage for coming in first for Melinda and I thought that was pretty wack.

I just blocked his post the fact that he wanted to argue instead of just saying yeah my bad was all I needed to know I'm too old to sit there and try to argue about a reality show 😂🤷🏾‍♂️.

Back to the show I had a feeling all season ayana was going to end up screwing tek, whenever the choice came down between Brad and Jody and MJ and Joanna that would have been a tough decision for me to make but ultimately I think Brad would have crumbled in the final especially during the math portion but it's hard to predict all of that when you're actually in the game. Overall good season I definitely prefer the All-Stars to the flagship.

Wasn't Brad a math teacher at one point?

Also, yeah, production really screwed up the final, apparently. The safes didn't work. Also, they edited out an entire puzzle, which is why Ayanna and Tek were somehow in the lead all of a sudden. Jonna and MJ asked production if they had the right safe combo, were told yes, and to just run to the plane...then they came back to grab the cash after production drove them back. Also, I guess this happened on the main season as well. CT and Kaycee had to ask production if their combination was correct because the safe wouldn't open.

Maybe just get rid of safes? Seems like they never work properly.

Forget the safes burry the money and make them find it or at least have to dig for it. Also not sure if he was a teacher for some reason I thought I remembered him having hard times with puzzles. Maybe cuz hes a meat head I'm stereotyping him 😂🤷🏾‍♂️

Yep sounds like AS 3 will be out in a few months and next season of main show hasn't even started filming yet so maybe it gets out around late summer/fall?

Listened to the latest episode of Bananas podcast he had Janelle and Darrell on. They were talking about all of the mixups with production this last all stars. Said that the show used to be classified as a game show so all challenges by law had to have the rules set out from the start and they couldn't be changed as they go. But now that they pay all the cast members so they changed the classification to a reality show and they could do whatever(ie sending cohutta home and not LT, not allowing do overs for games when there's a malfunction of equipment, making up things as they go ect ect). That's why there's always so much f'ery lately I'd expect it's only going to get worse as producers bring in other reality show people.

Someone posted a lengthy recap of the podcast. I don't have the energy to listen to it, so here it is:

Intro / Season in General:
  • Johnny is recovering from COVID and Darrell had it last week. Johnny said he now has brain fog and no taste/smell, and his brain fog is like Darrell trying to solve a memory puzzle w/ a black light lol
  • Janelle and Darrell explained how they knew each other from the Bay Area going out
  • Darrell was the one who recommended Janelle try out for RW
  • Bananas brought up Casey being pregnant and how it didn't make sense Cohutta had to go home when Laterrian didn't after Kendal left. Janelle mentioned she thought the quarantine they had from someone getting COVID messed that up and said overall production was having trouble
  • Darrell said he knew him and Janelle were a strong team. Jodi was the strongest female competitor, but Janelle is able to stay calm and not get flustered. Darrell said he was glad to be with Janelle or would have wanted to be with Jonna because he wouldn't have made it through the first puzzle of the final with someone who would get flustered
Semi-Truck / Knot Challenge (+ Challenge now being Reality Show not Game Show)

• Darrell said he did the 1st knot and 1st lock that was fine. He said the 2nd lock didn't open so he left it and left the key in there. Then went to 3rd knot and 3rd lock which was fine. And then kept trying to open the 2nd lock box and still couldn't open it and didn't know why, the key turned but the box still wouldn't open
  • Johnny said the Challenge is no longer considered a game show. He said it used to be (like Inferno, etc.) -- they set out the rules Day 1 and they need to follow those rules all season. Game shows need to submit the rules prior to it happening and you can't deviate. Now, they changed the format from game show to reality show, so they're able to do all these twists and turns and change things without following regulations. Janelle said she was upset after Darrell's lock with that challenge and was speaking to Brad about it and Brad said she has to know this is a reality show not a game show and you have to understand they won't do any re-dos for you even if there's an issue with the lock and if anything it would play to production's favor because it was the first time the Kings Palace got a win with Nehemiah and Melinda.
  • Janelle said this was a huge wakeup call with her, because she did Inferno 3 and Gauntlet 3 where it was a game show so a lot more by the books and rules and much more straight forward. Janelle was really upset because she sacrificed a lot to be there and then had her back injury and then to see things that don't seem fair really frustrated her
  • Bananas said Rivals 1 was the first season with a twist like changing locations for the final to Argentina and having an overnight sleep portion and it was a huge deal because it had never happened. Now that there are so many twists they're numb to it and it'd be nice to go back to a more straightforward simple game with clear rules and then the best man or woman wins
Janelle and Darrell's Elimination against Brad and Jodi

• Johnny said he thinks seasons where you make the final after doing an elimination are more rewarding. Darrell said that he doesn't feel that way and never wants to go in, but he said he always expects to. He said he'll never volunteer unless there's a bank account like the Ruins. He also never wants to go in the last elimination like their elimination against Janelle and Darrell
  • They spoke about if going home first or last is worst. Darrell said he would rather go home early, he went home the last elimination against CT in Invasions of the Champion and if he had won he would have run against Cory and Nelson in the final
  • Johnny said on Invasions thought Darrell was going to be going against CT in a hall brawl because they said the eliminations would be classics like pole wrestle, balls in and hall brawl. He said he was relieved when he went home to Darrell in balls in b/c he didn't want to have to go against CT in hall brawl and have a "backpack part 2". When he heard it was a knot elimination he was disappointed. Darrell said he would have been run over by CT
  • Janelle said she was using the hammer in the beginning when she didn't have enough small pieces, but once she had small pieces she only picked up the small pieces to put them through and didn't use the hammer at all to save her energy and time. And Janelle stayed on her knees the whole time
  • Darrell said at the beginning he was upset so he was just breaking things and then after 1 min he realized he had to start breaking the cinder blocks in front of the hole which is what Brad realized right away
  • Darrell said the nominations went on for a long time. They said Jonna and MJ were talking a long time and put on a whole show and Darrell was getting upset
  • Darrell said that Jonna and MJ were politicking all day, and even though they didn't like Ayanna, they were hanging out with her at the pool all day
  • Darrell said Ayanna could see how terrified Jonna & MJ were to go in and saw Darrell and Janelle as the stronger and better team
  • Johnny said Jonna's speech was one for the books (sarcastically) and clearly thought it wasn't good
King's Palace + Lay Ups

• Johnny tried stirring the pot again by mentioning Janelle and Melinda's secret alliance and Janelle getting Melinda an LV bag for Christmas (which is all jokes from Janelle & Tyler's podcast with Bananas, recap here)
  • Janelle said the Kings Palace members were at first making "4" symbols with their hands and then later revealed the 4 Kings. Johnny said none of them are kings and Darrell has the most wins. Darrell said he was sleeping downstairs, but he thought the song was catchy and he would sing Save the Palace and MJ would get annoyed. Darrell was trying to play the game and stay in the middle since he was friendly with people on both sides
  • Janelle and Darrell formed the Core Four with Brad and Jodi
  • Darrell pulled Nehemiah to the side and said he wouldn't put him in elimination and then after their talk downstairs with everyone saying he had to put Nehemiah and Melinda against LT and Jasmine so he felt bad about that. He said Teck swayed his decision by telling him something the night before about how he would help take care of Darrell
  • Johnny said they made a good move by keeping Teck and Ayanna around because you want easy people to go against in elimination or final, and them being in the final is why MJ and Jonna didn't have to finish the first phase
  • Darrell said that's why they keep Devin around, because he is a layup but also because he's funny. Johnny acknowledged that there's a place for Devin on the show and that he is funny. Johnny said Devin needs to stay in his own lane and know he is a layup. Darrell and Johnny said because the seasons go long so they keep players around strictly for entertainment. Johnny said Kyle became a great competitor but he was kept around on his early seasons for entertainment. Johnny said he probably wouldn't have made it through a lot of seasons without Leroy
The Final - Night Portion + Phase 1

• Janelle said the season went longer than intended to, production tried to manage that as best as they could (which Johnny thinks may have led them to doing the final right after the final elim)
  • Janelle didn't eat dinner that night b/c she wanted to compete in the elimination on an empty stomach in case she was hanging upside down / to be agile. She went straight from the elimination to standing on the log to running the final just with a banana and granola bar in her stomach
  • Janelle said 1st phase of the final started at 9am and they finished around 5:30pm
  • Darrell said the sleeping set up was pretty comfortable with the hammock and how it wasn't cold
  • Janelle said after the night portion they went to a puzzle board that wasn't shown. They had to retrieve a skull and follow black arrows. At a certain part of the trail all the black arrows stopped. All teams scattered and went diff ways. All teams got lost at the beginning (aside from possibly MJ and Jonna). Production had to eventually find everyone and tell them they were going the wrong way
  • Ayanna & Teck were sprinting but with the heat and how long the final would be, they pushed themselves too fast too soon. Johnny said the beginning is always a marathon and even if you have a big lead in the 1st part it translates to a short lead in the 2nd part
  • Bike leg was the hardest one. To get the 2 last pieces they had to go 20-30 minutes further down the road in the sand
  • Memory Board Puzzle -- Janelle said Darrell's memorization was even better than hers and she has a great memory. She said between the 2 of them they were remembering 12 boards and getting 24 pieces at one time, and in the last swoop got 30 pieces. She said it was probably 2.5 miles round trip to the puzzle (and this was the medium distance one)
  • On Janelle and Darrell's last run from cave to nucleus, they knew they had to book it b/c they were neck and neck with Nehemiah and Melinda and they didn't know if this was the end of the final so Janelle gave it everything she had. But she felt like she gassed herself out in the first Phase because she didn't know if that was the end of not, and her muscles were all spasming. At that phase, MJ, Jonna, Ayanna and Teck were looking defeated but A + T hadn't quit yet
  • Janelle and Darrell finished 2-3 min after Melinda & Nehemiah. They were waiting for over an hour before Ayanna and Teck quit
  • Janelle and Darrell said that MJ and Jonna were flipping over 3 pieces total (vs the 24 Janelle and Darrell were flipping) a trip, so they knew it was going to take a long time for them to finish
  • Right after Ayanna and Teck quit, production went to go get MJ and Jonna on an ATV to bring them back. MJ and Jonna said in EW article they were on the last run of the puzzle, but Janelle and Darrell said they had a lot of their puzzle left still. Darrell said they had no more than 10 pairs flipped
  • Janelle said in she thinks b/c Jonna and MJ were getting heat that they didn't finish, MJ was tempted to make it appear like they were basically done when they weren't. But she said they didn't make the rules and were following what production told them to and would have finished the puzzle had production not picked them up
  • Bananas said you don't know in that extra time if they would have broken or quit or gotten even more exhausted. Bananas said it was unfair for them to have to do less work and possibly have more left in the tank because of that. Janelle said per Jonna's argument, production told them they were losing sunlight which is why MJ and Jonna didn't need to finish the puzzle. But Janelle said if Teck and Ayanna didn't quit they would have gone a few more hours and lost sunlight anyway, and production should have factored that in and she's curious what would have happened then
  • Janelle said TJ never said it was a purge and only 3 teams were advancing. TJ saying that was taped at a later time and added, since no one was told this before the final
The Final - Phase 2

• Darrell said All Stars 1 food was worse. Worst part of All Stars 2 final was the blood drink
  • Nehemiah and Melinda got a 1 minute lead to eat, & Darrell and Janelle got a 30 second lead to eat
  • Bananas fashioned a tin foil 'conspiracy theorist' hat (Darrell: "you about to give yourself a perm?" lolol). Janelle said there's no conspiracy theory and Darrell said he should walk outside in a thunderstorm like that lol
  • Darrell and Janelle said they accidentally chose the hardest math board. Janelle said she was naive and assumed the boards would be similar difficulty so they just chose one quickly without assessing which was hardest. Bananas said they should have just given everyone the same equation because you couldn't cheat off another person since they couldn't write anything down unless you said your #'s out loud. Johnny said that isn't naive, all his challenges as well the math equations have been the same for all players
  • Janelle said first board was really easy, they finished that board and still no other team was there. She said the second board had the same symbols so Janelle wanted to know if she should carry the numbers over from the first board to second board (is taco from board 1 = taco from board 2) but production wouldn't say. They realized it was different. Janelle said other teams came while they were partway through 2nd board
  • Janelle and Darrell finished their math equation first and MJ and Jonna passed them running to the safes. Janelle said this is totally different from MJ and Jonna saying in the EW article that they were 10 minutes ahead of everyone finishing the puzzle
  • Johnny was surprised MJ and Jonna were mentioning all the things production did in the article that helped give them the win and they clearly would make people question their win and they should have stayed quiet and not told on themselves
  • EW article mentioned how production told MJ and Jonna their combination was correct and so they could run to the plane even though they didn't open the safe. Then production went to pick them up in a truck and told them their safe was working. And MJ and Jonna suddenly now knew they had to do a 4th step that no other team knew
  • Janelle said she was shocked reading the article with how they spilled the tea on themselves. Janelle was surprised production confirmed MJ and Jonna's lock #'s were correct
  • Janelle and Darrell were surprised to see MJ and Jonna running to the plane but their safe was locked so they were confused and production wouldn't tell them anything. Janelle said she noticed the directions right away when they got there. They tried opening the lock over and over following the directions and the safe wouldn't open
  • Janelle said some fans thought they gave up and didn't try to catch up to them on the plane, but they were so confused because Jonna and MJ had left without their safe open. Production finally came up and asked them for their combination #'s and he walks off without telling them anything. Darrell proposed running back to the puzzle boards but it was dark and Janelle couldn't even see them -- she didn't know if they were taken away or they just couldn't see them. They were trying their safe the entire time, and even tried their combination on Nehemiah and Melinda's safe
  • Janelle was shocked that production told Jonna and MJ that they won but they had to go open up their safe and that there was a 4th step. MJ says there is a 4th step you do that you usually don't do when you open up a safe. Jonna said after reading the article she messaged MJ asking what the 4th step was. He read it but never replied to Janelle
  • Derrick K on Challenge Mania Podcast texted MJ to ask what the 4th step is. MJ then called Derrick and asked if it would be between Derrick and MJ or if he would put it on the podcast. Derrick said it could be kept between MJ and him, and now Derrick won't give the details
  • Janelle said 1-2 days after the podcast MJ texted Janelle saying they can speak if she wants but Janelle said it's fine they don't need to she got the answers she needed. Then MJ reached out again and said "I just want to let you know there is no 4th step. Now that I think about, the 4th step was slowing down and taking our time"
  • Janelle said after the show production confirmed she had her combination correct. Janelle looked at the puzzle board rooms again to see screenshots she found of it and there was no 4th step that MJ noticed and then rescinded
  • Bananas said he is going to ask Derrick and get to the bottom of it
  • Darrell said all 6 of them were all trying to open the safes for a really long time before MJ and Jonna ran off, and it seemed like anyone's game
  • Janelle said when situations go wrong, it must be really hard to be a production and make decisions on the fly. She said she wishes things would have been done in way that was fair to everyone
  • Janelle said she thinks it is very interesting that production went up to MJ and Jonna's box, opened it up and then closed it, and then suddenly afterwards MJ and Jonna were able to open it when still Nehemiah/Melinda and Janelle/Darrell couldn't open theirs with the correct combos
Closing

• Janelle had herniated 2 discs from her fall in denote but her back is basically back to normal now
  • Darrell is opening up a boxing and weights gym

Damn seems like production sucks and is total garbage. On top of them not being properly prepared for the final.

I knew something was off when Teck and Ayanna were all of a sudden way in the lead when the whole thing seemingly started as just a sprint. I think production needs to keep things simpler. Also, it seems like they don't even test every leg of some of these final challenges.

It’s been mentioned that the Challenge is now considered a “reality show” instead of a game show, so production can tinker with stuff while filming. That’s why there are inconsistencies

It’s been mentioned that the Challenge is now considered a “reality show” instead of a game show, so production can tinker with stuff while filming. That’s why there are inconsistencies

That's fine. It just seems like they're not testing some of this stuff.

I'm trying to find old Real World too. They're not all up yet. I wonder what the hold up is, music?

Rumor is The Challenge as we know it may be over.

CBS is producing multiple Challenge spinoffs with none of the former Challenge castmates allowed. No renewal and/or information on any future MTV show.

:smh:

Rumor is The Challenge as we know it may be over.

CBS is producing multiple Challenge spinoffs with none of the former Challenge castmates allowed. No renewal and/or information on any future MTV show.

:smh:

Easy question......why?

What reasoning behind that?

Back
Top Bottom