pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Hall & Oates[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Cam'ron[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Gino Vannelli[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Incubus[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Jim Jones[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Steely Dan[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
So many props for havin Steely Dan, Hall and Oates AND Killa in your top 6.

I'm a reformed elitist bastard.

but I'll still only take a handful of the people in this forum's opinions seriously.

Elitist isn't a term adopted by the people generally called it. It's what the morons listening to garbage call them to justify their terrible taste in music.

And to say that Hurricane Chris is better than Sage Francis just for the sake of argument is ridiculous as well, it certainly doesn't further the cause of the argument, and it's incorrect.

laugh.gif
it is correct, sage francis is wack. who cares how underground he is,hes wack. if you listen to sage francis youre the one who has terrible taste in music

Elitists are smart%@%%$%.

Smart%@%%$% of any sort have been - and always will be - funny.

'Preciated.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^
pimp.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

roll.gif
You Lost.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^
pimp.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]
took the words RIGHT outta my mouth! AND dude's got the beach boys.... spandau ballet... artifacts... mobb you sir, have GREAT taste in music

laugh.gif
it is correct, sage francis is wack. who cares how underground he is, hes wack. if you listen to sage francis youre the one who has terrible taste in music
laugh.gif

ajacobage5lookingveryDownSyndromey.jpg

at the end of the day, music appreciation/bashing isn't wholly subjective. almost everyone holds similar ideals for the merits of artists, songs, andalbums, though at varying levels and priorities, which is where the differences in opinion often come into play. with a childish ear, unexposed to a lot ofmusic and not having an understanding of a lot of good aspects of good songs, these ideals can be applied improperly because of a lack of objective informationto qualify the subjective interpretation of the song.

if someone hears a jay-z line and it's too complex for the listener, the listener may consider it just mediocre, when, if he understood the line, using hisown ideals for a good rap song, he would like the line. i agree that there is a pretentious aspect to the opinion of the "elitist" listener, who hasbeen subjected to a lot of different music, but the degree of recurrence in the likes of elitists has to say something about the artists in question havingsome sort of music elements that are appealing to often-applied music ideals.

another aspect of this issue is the fact that people who have been subjected to a lot of music have a more "matured" ear, as it has musicallydeveloped. this is the same principle as reading. children, who have only been subjected to few books, find enjoyment in simplistic, easy-to-read books, yet anolder person, who has a large experience in reading books over the course of his life, does not enjoy things so superficially; he will recognize and enjoy/notenjoy detailed nuances about the writing style of the author, or the message, etc. in the same way, the opinion a developed music ear, in my contention, indeeddoes hold more "worth" than an undeveloped one.

another aspect of this issue is the fact that people who have been subjected to a lot of music have a more "matured" ear, as it has musically developed. this is the same principle as reading. children, who have only been subjected to few books, find enjoyment in simplistic, easy-to-read books, yet an older person, who has a large experience in reading books over the course of his life, does not enjoy things so superficially; he will recognize and enjoy/not enjoy detailed nuances about the writing style of the author, or the message, etc. in the same way, the opinion a developed music ear, in my contention, indeed does hold more "worth" than an undeveloped one.
damn, that is good stuff.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

I hate Sage Francis.

He's awful.

Yea I had all his albums over the summer and I kept listening and listening and listening and listening and then I realized it was torture. horrible beats,horrible flow, subpar lyricist and I really gave dude a chance.
another aspect of this issue is the fact that people who have been subjected to a lot of music have a more "matured" ear, as it has musically developed. this is the same principle as reading. children, who have only been subjected to few books, find enjoyment in simplistic, easy-to-read books, yet an older person, who has a large experience in reading books over the course of his life, does not enjoy things so superficially; he will recognize and enjoy/not enjoy detailed nuances about the writing style of the author, or the message, etc. in the same way, the opinion a developed music ear, in my contention, indeed does hold more "worth" than an undeveloped one.

I wish everyone knew about this because it's true.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Blue in Green 23

at the end of the day, music appreciation/bashing isn't wholly subjective. almost everyone holds similar ideals for the merits of artists, songs, and albums, though at varying levels and priorities, which is where the differences in opinion often come into play. with a childish ear, unexposed to a lot of music and not having an understanding of a lot of good aspects of good songs, these ideals can be applied improperly because of a lack of objective information to qualify the subjective interpretation of the song.

if someone hears a jay-z line and it's too complex for the listener, the listener may consider it just mediocre, when, if he understood the line, using his own ideals for a good rap song, he would like the line. i agree that there is a pretentious aspect to the opinion of the "elitist" listener, who has been subjected to a lot of different music, but the degree of recurrence in the likes of elitists has to say something about the artists in question having some sort of music elements that are appealing to often-applied music ideals.

good stuff my dude, 100% true

Back
Top Bottom