Music Festivals 2017

NT FAM , My homeboys and I agreed on a New Years resolution which is to travel to as many music festivals as possible next year. Our last trip together was to SXSW in Austin,TX which was lit but I wanted to ask my fellow brethren. What music festivals would you reccomend us guys to go to???? Preferably Rap/Hip-Hop but open to all generes. Chip in with your experiences as well if you like!

(No "move this to the music forum" comments. its general)

It's gonna get moved to music though. Also there are threads in there about Music festivals you should look them up

Hangout Festival is on the beach of Gulf Shores Alabama (close to Florida). Lineup isn't that great this year but it's a good time. I usually go there, Made In America, Sweetlife, Firefly, Broccoli Fest, etc. Mainly ones on the east coast.

One music fest in Atlanta is a good one. Me and the misses make it a trip to get there every year, 2014 lineup was dope. Multiple stages aith acts going on all day.

Electric Forest, Electric Zoo, Coachella, Lollapalooza, Firefly, EDC(it has gotten corny, buy gotta do it atleast once). These are the ones I have been too and they are legit. The 2-3 day camping are always LIT.

Electric Forest, Electric Zoo, Coachella, Lollapalooza, Firefly, EDC(it has gotten corny, buy gotta do it atleast once). These are the ones I have been too and they are legit. The 2-3 day camping are always LIT.
I was the guy that always publicly scoffed at it and laughed when my boys would mention the prices and explained how they had to camp. But, in the inside, I was intrigued. It seemed like a blast and who wouldn't want an all day party. Because I want to save face and not admit to my boys that I'm interested, what experiences have you had at these concerts?

Do yourselves a huge favor and go to Wanee. Been sic or seven times. Amazing.

Chopper knows what's up - Wanee is great if you love jam bands but if you like more hip hop/electronic than you have to hit up Suwannee Hulaween. Spirit of the Suwannee is just an all around great place to see a show.

Edit: to add, Hulaween has a huge jam band component to it as it's hosted by The String Cheese Incident. Definitely a diverse lineup and the atmosphere is amazing - held on/around Halloween so everyone is in costume, huge art installations and the saturday SCI show has some of the best production I've ever seen. The campground is beautiful and it's really just a gigantic tailgate all day and with a ton of hospitality with your surrounding neighbors.

Last edited:
I was the guy that always publicly scoffed at it and laughed when my boys would mention the prices and explained how they had to camp. But, in the inside, I was intrigued. It seemed like a blast and who wouldn't want an all day party. Because I want to save face and not admit to my boys that I'm interested, what experiences have you had at these concerts?

Haha. The positive of going to the scene and camping ? Well, you setup tent and bring as much vice as possible. You pretty much go on from there. People are eager to socialize, party as much as possible and share whatever they have.

For instance at Electric Forest, we brought everything except water. And people were mad gracious enough to hook us up with bottles of their own reserves. We in return invited just about anyone to come and drink at our tent. And from there on, you will see that everyone came in with something of value, some alcohol, some snacks, some weed and all types of drugs to trip on. And a lot of good looking chicks that are DTF. It is essentially a safe space to do whatever you want. Some socialize & make friends, others came in to trip, some came to smash, some came to party as hard as possible, some to share an art and others for whatever reason. Minimal, if any fights occur. Gotta do it atleast once, it is important to the culture to connect with people around your age from all over the place :lol:

Last edited:
I've done 10 days of music fests so far this year with 1 more coming up. 11 days will be my record (9 last year).

-Coachella

-Hard Summer

-Day n Night

-FYF

-Crssd Fest

-Camp Flog Gnaw

-Countdown NYE

A lot of concerts and smaller shows too. Worth it. My recommendation is to plan your fests based on the lineup. Im fortunate to live in SoCal and have so many good fests and shows out here.

Last edited:
After attending Afro Punk for the first time this past summer, it just might be an annual thing for me now. Such a dope festival with great artists and ridiculously cheap ticket prices. Lookin forward to going again in '17

I'm in. Planning on going to Broccoli City Festival in DC in May, last year's event was really good

Desert Hearts right outside of San Diego. It's a camping weekend and it's just one stage and all electronic music, but it's one of the best festivals you'll ever go to. 72 hours of straight partying that never stops. I'm going to my sixth one this year and I can't wait.

Haha. The positive of going to the scene and camping ? Well, you setup tent and bring as much vice as possible. You pretty much go on from there. People are eager to socialize, party as much as possible and share whatever they have.

For instance at Electric Forest, we brought everything except water. And people were mad gracious enough to hook us up with bottles of their own reserves. We in return invited just about anyone to come and drink at our tent. And from there on, you will see that everyone came in with something of value, some alcohol, some snacks, some weed and all types of drugs to trip on. And a lot of good looking chicks that are DTF. It is essentially a safe space to do whatever you want. Some socialize & make friends, others came in to trip, some came to smash, some came to party as hard as possible, some to share an art and others for whatever reason. Minimal, if any fights occur. Gotta do it atleast once, it is important to the culture to connect with people around your age from all over the place :lol:
Just as I thought, glorious. I'm in the bay too so I really no excuse to not go. Now if only can show my girl the benefits for her.

If you ain't camping, it's not a festival as far as I'm concerned.

Bout to cop Wanee tickets. Panic, Trey, Leftover Salmon, Weir.

Nothing like being in the woods for three days eating shrooms, drinking beer, smoking trees, hanging around the campsite, throwing the football, listening to some good music with the homies :smokin

Edit - ticket copped.

Last edited:
Roots Picnic is cool for a day trip. Good vibes all around. Only issue is that it gets packed so getting around becomes a pain. Plan on doing VIP next time.

Roots Picnic is cool for a day trip. Good vibes all around. Only issue is that it gets packed so getting around becomes a pain. Plan on doing VIP next time.
always wanted to do the roots picnic.

i used to dream about traveling and going to all the different music festivals around the world but festivals are exhausting. 

i can only do 1-2 a year

Roots Picnic was one of my favorite festivals (I went from 2008-2011) but I wasn't a fan of my last experience (Summer 2015). Biggest problem is the lack of space and overlapping stages that were so close in proximity. S0leFUNK you already know how packed out it gets...there's nothing they can really do unless they move it to another location.

I've had a great time at SXSW the past two years, but luckily I've had a good amount of access. A lot of people waiting in lines (even if you RSVP) all day.

Went to Lollapalooza this past Summer and that was another quality one to think about. Chicago is a great city with a lot of dope aftershows and events.

Haven't been to Governors Ball in a few years (I went to original one that was actually held on Governors Island and maybe 3 other times), but they generally go all out on the lineup. Pretty efficient to get to from Manhattan.

Last edited:
jd161616 jd161616 Yea I went in 2015 too. It was my first time. The only way I'd go back is VIP unless they change the venue. It was impossible to move without stepping over folks after 3pm. But otherwise it was a good experience. Erykah saved the day honestly. My girl was tripping about the crowd but she was a trooper.

Went to Coachella in 2012. VIP camping is the only way I'd go again. Don't mind paying the price as long as the line up is right.

Probably will check out Firefly next year since its basically in my backyard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom