Must Visits in the Pacific Northwest.

What up NT. I am heading to the Pacific Northwest for vacation with the family. I will be spending most of my time in the Kent/Seattle area but will bedriving to Vancouver BC and maybe Portland during our stay. (Is it worth it to hit up Nike in Oregon?)

I wanted to ask for suggestions on: Places to eat (prefer japanese/seafood/anything good), places to see a good selection of shoes to buy, and maybe sometourist things to do.

Thanks in advance.

Needle, Safeco Field... though I haven't been back in several years... Lol.

If you're in the Kent Area...Kent Station has some nice places to eat

Kent Showare center might have some events going on at the time so you could check that out

Definitely get to downtown Seattle...hit Pioneer Square, 1st Ave...Pike Place Market...Broadway and get some D.i.cks Burgers and Shakes

Wasabi Bistro is a nice Sushi spot downtown too

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

If you're in the Kent Area...Kent Station has some nice places to eat

Kent Showare center might have some events going on at the time so you could check that out

Definitely get to downtown Seattle...hit Pioneer Square, 1st Ave...Pike Place Market...Broadway and get some D.i.cks Burgers and Shakes

Wasabi Bistro is a nice Sushi spot downtown too
If for any reason you run out of things to do, then go see the troll under the Fremont bridge.

^ Lol... almost forgot about that...

D.I.C.K.S burgers and Pike Market are both good choices...

well as far as clothes and shoes downtown goods, winners circle and rps. renton eqpt has some decent consigment but be prepared to spend. and portland i onlyreally went to compound and cals pharmacy (skate shop) and both were pretty good.

Originally Posted by kob8

What up NT. I am heading to the Pacific Northwest for vacation with the family. I will be spending most of my time in the Kent/Seattle area but will be driving to Vancouver BC and maybe Portland during our stay. (Is it worth it to hit up Nike in Oregon?)

I wanted to ask for suggestions on: Places to eat (prefer japanese/seafood/anything good), places to see a good selection of shoes to buy, and maybe some tourist things to do.

Thanks in advance.

Japanese food....like sushi? or street style? or bento box ?
Sushi you can do sushiland for cheap fun conveyor belt style, Blue C is also good, at southcenter mall, a lil bit pricier
street stile, go to uwajimaya food court in the international district/china town, many things to choose from there
bento box is everywhere in the UW area

seafood is plentiful, go on the Pier, or to any chinese restaurants in chinatown for "deals"

pike place is cool, there are some area that serve really good seafood, but dont go there for like a sit in/dine in dinner, that's too pricey, quick foodslike clam chowder, salmon bakes, and such are all around pike place

nike in oregon is cool if you're able to get in, call ahead and ask about a tour....

uhhmmm....just enjoy the sites here, go to the EMP, space needle, gasworks park, the troll in fremont, go shopping at seattle premium outlet, plenty of stuffto do...if you got the motivation to drive and the time lol

i was just in seattle last weekend.

for shopping try: bellevue or downtown.

definitely check out niketown seattle.
nerd.gif

funny...I've lived here all my life...work downtown and I havent been to half the places mentioned

i'm not gonna lie. i like it up there A LOT. i would move up there in a second given the opportunity.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by kob8

What up NT. I am heading to the Pacific Northwest for vacation with the family. I will be spending most of my time in the Kent/Seattle area but will be driving to Vancouver BC and maybe Portland during our stay. (Is it worth it to hit up Nike in Oregon?)

I wanted to ask for suggestions on: Places to eat (prefer japanese/seafood/anything good), places to see a good selection of shoes to buy, and maybe some tourist things to do.

Thanks in advance.

Japanese food....like sushi? or street style? or bento box ?
Sushi you can do sushiland for cheap fun conveyor belt style, Blue C is also good, at southcenter mall, a lil bit pricier
street stile, go to uwajimaya food court in the international district/china town, many things to choose from there
bento box is everywhere in the UW area

seafood is plentiful, go on the Pier, or to any chinese restaurants in chinatown for "deals"

pike place is cool, there are some area that serve really good seafood, but dont go there for like a sit in/dine in dinner, that's too pricey, quick foods like clam chowder, salmon bakes, and such are all around pike place

nike in oregon is cool if you're able to get in, call ahead and ask about a tour....

uhhmmm....just enjoy the sites here, go to the EMP, space needle, gasworks park, the troll in fremont, go shopping at seattle premium outlet, plenty of stuff to do...if you got the motivation to drive and the time lol

Really appreciate the info. I will look up the places you mentioned especially the japanese food. I am into sushi and right now I am into the whole shabuahabu thing.....Good Eats man.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

funny...I've lived here all my life...work downtown and I havent been to half the places mentioned
I could probably say the same thing for down here in So Cal.

Seafood in Seattle: Ivars! They have a really nice sit down place downtown on the water, but there fastfood portion is delicious also. Clams and chips ftw!

whats the place where they have the blowfish sushi? chefs have to be certified to make it cause its dangerous cause the poision in the blow fish can be harmfulif they dont know what they are doing, but the smal amount of venom or whatever in the blowfish numbs your mouth and is tasty as well i heard

also chinatown has good places ive only been to the kau kau (spelling?) but it was really good and cheap

any other suggestions? im flying in tuesday til sunday this week for fraternity convention and also looking for good restaurants/clubs.

btw, i like 21+ top40 mainstream clubs with asians lol..and i like seafood, mexican, burgers, cheap eats, or anything thats known in seattle..and dope touristsights...anything in mind?

burgers-red mill is the best, %!%!% is good, they are both fairly cheap

tourist sites- pike place, fremont troll, space needle, emp

bars---im no help haha

cheap eats-thai toms on university avenue or china town

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

btw, i like 21+ top40 mainstream clubs with asians lol..and i like seafood, mexican, burgers, cheap eats, or anything thats known in seattle..and dope tourist sights...anything in mind?

Club - War Room
Food - D**K's (D**K's>>>>>>Kidd Valley>>>>>>Red Mill)
For Seafood
- The Crab Pot
The Columbia Tower (The tallest building in Seattle has a sky view at the very top its only 4 bucks) almost twice astaller then the Space Needle

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

Red Mill? I heard $%+%% Drive In was good?

both those are good. lunchbox lab is ok. they got turkey/chicken and pork/duck burgers if you want to try something different.

for clubs it sounds like war room would be your thing

^^#%!%% better than red mill and kid valley??!?! #%!%% is good late or when your tanked. the redmill bleu cheese burger cant be beat imo. id go to pike placefor sure though

Back
Top Bottom