My 16 yr old Daughter just told me .......

Ill son, why did she tell you that? Were y?ll fighting? Does she hate you that much?

I wouldn't want my future daughter(s) telling me that just leads to worse ideas of them topping dudes off, doing anal w/e other nasty things I imagine and actually have done with other females. I'd rather sorta figure it out on my own, like cracking a door open a sliver and then closing when you got a little idea of what's going on on the other side. I'd much rather find out she's not a virgin when she says she pregnant.

I mean damn man, 16. She could be one of them.

I feel your pain man, that must hurt :smh: :stoneface: I'll drink a 5th of yak for you onewearz. Watching them freaks in the other building at work won't be the same for a while.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Why does she have to hate OP? Why can't it be that they have a great relationship and she needs advice?

So you would rather find out by catching your daughter getting smashed and pretend like nothing happened??

I would much rather have a relationship where my children feel comfortable telling me these things than getting a phone call at 3am telling me that my child is never coming home.
Wait what? The crack in the door was a metaphor not an example of how I'd want that scenario to go down. You know you're aware but it's not on the table for all to see, not needed to be up for discussion, it's not a need to know. Sex education is fine but letting me know they're doing it is another. As far as I'm concerned one precedes the other and I can inform on one without being informed by them on the other. There'd be no me catching any of my children cuz I'm the only one having sex under my roof. I'm saying that I'd rather have some idea that is something she has done not that she is currently doing it while I'm in the same place a room away. So maybe you misunderstood what I was saying cuz that's just ridiculous :lol:

As for the situation for OP. We just different cuz I see it very differently than you. Advice? For a 16 year old? In NYC? I didn't need my parents to school me on sex, the do's and don'ts and what not. She's already came to her parents that the deed has been done. Aint no turning back now. Actually what advice would a parent be giving that she should already know? It can't be about protection. No 16 year old is that dumb. So only thing left is relationship advice.

I'm not really focused on my child's comfort level with me and that issue. They can be comfortable with it but I'm explicitly telling them not to tell me that they're no longer versions and currently having sex. They can come to me with news that I'm a grandfather, sexual preference, I'm a murderer, I'm religious, etc. but I don't need to know that they're having sex and outside of AIDs (stds can be treated at the free clinic) there really shouldn't be a reason to want to tell me.

Last edited:
Hopefully the guy isn't a Red Sox fan, that would definitely add insult to injury.

red sox nation 
nthat.gif

she told my wife first , then my wife made her tell me. she said she lost it to this clown cause she was the only virgin in her crew of friends and was constantly getting bothered about it.

i'm still in shock for real man. not to sound naive but i thought she'd wait, i got another daughter right behind her, 14 yrs old :x

seriously fellas, we sit here and ogle over women left and right but when you're daughter gets nailed it hurts ... really does .....

this one's gonna sting for a minute ....

glad she told you, shows youre a good father and have a good relationship with her

she told my wife first , then my wife made her tell me. she said she lost it to this clown cause she was the only virgin in her crew of friends and was constantly getting bothered about it.

i'm still in shock for real man. not to sound naive but i thought she'd wait, i got another daughter right behind her, 14 yrs old :x

seriously fellas, we sit here and ogle over women left and right but when you're daughter gets nailed it hurts ... really does .....

Man... that definitely had to hurt. To do it because of peer pressure.

I'm sorry, man.

I see a lot of people saying "at least she told you" or "well she's comfortable letting you know" and stuff like tht but I'm sure tht doesn't make OP or his wife feel any better . Your daughter I'm sure isn't dumb you can tell her what you expect of her but she's her own person and ultimately she's gonna do wat she wants. But if you train a child in the way it should go while young then those ways won't depart when older . Don't think she's js out there having sex with alot of guys . Tell her tht if she's gonna do it make sure he means something to her and he feels the same . Tell her tht you don't approve but you trust her to make the right decisions . Don't lock her up in the house and not allow her to live her life cuhz thts js gonna make her a rebel I've seen it countless times . I'm sure you've done a wonderful job raising your daughter and now is the time when all your hard work pays off .

at least she told you. i dont think you should be too upset. shes being honest and safe

it could be worse, remember. as long as you dont tell her never do it again (forbidding a kid from doing something makes them wanna do it more)

but your daughter seems honest and cool op. this is the first time i hear a girl of her age tell her pops

Kids are such lil Richard heads nowadays,

Back in the day you could just go home and deal with the morons the next day.

Now all these kids have phones and live on the computer so I could see how that stuff can really put pressure on someone.

That's messed up though that instead of looking forward to finishing school and getting careers these kids just think about making twerk videos poppin Molly and beating each other up to post online..

She must have been terrified hence why she told your wife.

Education is key but parents are so afraid to tell their kids anything and these heathens are running their own ish.

Not directed at you, just in general.

Last edited:
:smh: :frown:

Im not having kids.

The worst way, she had sex because people were making fun of her.
Your daughter is a follower and not a leader watch her like a hawk

Last edited:
Take away her phone + no internet and watch her every move b.

Put her on lockdown. Hell ground her 4 life too.

I guess you all shouldve had the birds and the bee talk sooner. Maybe she woulda came to you all before she lost it. Oh wells. Tell wifey to take her to get on birth control. Such is life.

your making me terrified to have any girls man. at least she told you face to face and you didn't have to find out the hard way.

what a father never wants to hear. she lost her virginity .....

don't ask for pics please .... i need a hug for real right now . i'm hurtin NT fam ......

Be happy she told you and that she's not whoring around. Also be happy she's 16 and she didn't loose it at 14 or something.

you and your wife really need to sit and talk to her about self esteem and being her own person...

if she had a bf she loved it wouldn't be a big deal but to do it just cuz the crew was doing is scary to me...

you don't want her to be the type to always be into to something cuz everyone else was doing it...

you definitely don't want her to be the type of girl who is easily talked into doing more than she's comfortable with with some guy who puts pressure on you

definitely time for the safe sex talk/BC talk

the plus side is she felt comfortable enough coming to you and your wife...you have what most parents dream of...

Last edited:

Man... that definitely had to hurt. To do it because of peer pressure.

I'm sorry, man.

its crazy because this happens A LOT... more than you'd think...

first girl i ever smanged was for this reason...:smokin:rolleyes

a couple other girls i know say that they lost their v card because all their friends did... crazy

Back
Top Bottom