My Apologies....

I just wanted to apologize to NT member Rockdeep for the misidentification he has been apparently fingered as.

I wanted to state that we are not affiliated in any way and are not connected. He has sent me several messages which were very heated with regard to folks within Nike identifying him as me.

I find that very unfortunate, as I don't believe he even works with some of the people me, CEO Insane, Curly One, MenofOregon, PO, or countless others do. How HE was confused for anyone else BUT Rockdeep since he's posted on NT from the beginning of time and has said time and again he only reports on what is possible.

I won't begin to give up my identity as Rockdeep's mistake may have been being so helpful and widely known, but I can say if he has action taken against him wrongfully, those at Nike will quickly realize it isn't him giving up information.

I suppose the information he was blamed for according to his note to me was the Lebron VI being scrapped. That wasn't even mentioned on the conf call. How would he have known? Unless he attends those meetings and word got out around campus like fire.

Well from this point on whether its me or someone else or me as another name all any of us have to do is dial in or go to the weekly meeting. You get all the information you need. Like I mentioned before I make no apologies for information I post here weather it be about our campaigns in Chicago NYC or Beijing its not vital info that will hurt our business. Its information which will help get some buzz going over Nike among Nike enthusiasts.

I do apologize for the mess it has caused Rockdeep more than he realizes. Any of the MANY folks who drop information on Niketalk from what I have read and heard this is a good guy. I wanted to make this its own thread so it wouldn't get lost anywhere as there are those there who read this like the rest of us out in the field and on campus. I hope everything works out.

pimp.gif

This is EXACTLY why I watch what and how much information I divulge on this message board. A lot of you are under the impression thatsome of us don't "know our stuff" or are not "in the know" as some of you put it. But in actuality, it's all part of job security.I can only hope that RockDeep isn't put in a compromising position. But I'm sure that the situation will work itself out.

FUTURE REFERENCE: Just because some of us don't post it, doesn't mean we don't know about it. A lot of you should feel lucky that advanced info. iseven being mentioned on here.

QFT. MenOfOregon, you don't have any right to get to say that. Not saying I do, but I don't go around making poststelling forum-goers !$!% they probably already understand. It's annoying, and isn't necessary.

I don't even think you work for Nike at all, and just acting like you are. Well, anyway, like you ASKED: Thank you so much for your HELPFUL andINSIGHTFUL posts.
eyes.gif
So grateful for your internet existence.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Damn, no one who works for Wal-Mart goes around and starts acting like knowing what the next lowest priced item is makes them awesome. Get a hold of yourself

roll.gif

thats a nice analogy. especially since walmart crushes just about everybody business wise. no "mystique" involved, just low prices and megaprofits. they did come of as kind of dastardly in that lawsuit against the brain damaged employee.
Nike is a different biz model though, one which involvesa lot of hype and aura. when that happens you've bound to get dudes their egos pumped by the illusion of cool. but there are some cool nike or formernike employees that post on here. cwk is one, rockdeep is another. I'm sure there are more. menoforegon is still figuring things out. I get theimpression he's a youngin.

If you ask me, some members are simply salty they can't share as much info because Nike knows who they are.

The world is very large Internet is very good place to find out inf. As I know, the lebron 6 scrap news posted @ some China sneaker site & www.hk-kicks.com1st before NT. Ppl can easily find out inf easily from different source & share/post it out online. eg factory, material supplier, sample factory, globalNike staff, global sneaker store buyers......so many That's why we can know & see the earlier AJ online easily even buying them

Unreal.... How shallow/insecure can Nike Corp reps be if you think that RockDeep and Slim are the same???? LMAO!!
Get a grip.... and spend more time cleaning up the obvious leaks in NYC and THEIR connects to campus before trying to target folks....

Matt is right... information on the World Wide Web is so free flowing nowadays that you dont need to know anybody to find out about a release

eBay is chocked full of "experts/insiders/employees "of Nike".... lol

F$%K it... I work for NIKE!!!! Thats right I said it!!!

lol.... smh...

Originally Posted by BP the owner

yall need to just chill out........

it's not that serious

basically
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif
......they need to leak stuff ...i mean.. thats what nt is for, talking about NIKE.....they cant be mad...that lbj vi is bland...nobody is gonna buythose....they had so much momentum from the iv they were supposed to corner the market...but just like lebron...they lack the killer instinct....
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...seriously they need 2 value our opinons !!!!!!!
mad.gif
nike......stop trying to make us waste money on garbage..... its a recession...yall need every dollar yall can get.. skytops are just as good...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

FUTURE REFERENCE: Just because some of us don't post it, doesn't mean we don't know about it. A lot of you should feel lucky that advanced info. is even being mentioned on here.
evolworshipcopyuo1.jpg

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

If you ask me, some members are simply salty they can't share as much info because Nike knows who they are.

This is true....

Rocky is one of the most solid dudes I met on this board. I do hope whatever is happening isn't bad for our comrade.

Wow, Lobo......lololololol!

Rock Deep is still a Nike employee though correct?

Can someone please give me a brief explanation of the situation because I must have missed it.

And...

MenofOregon, his elitist attitude, and all the information he provides can just disappear for all I care.

MenofOregon:
This is EXACTLY why I watch what and how much information I divulge on this message board. A lot of you are under the impression that some of us don't "know our stuff" or are not "in the know" as some of you put it. But in actuality, it's all part of job security. I can only hope that RockDeep isn't put in a compromising position. But I'm sure that the situation will work itself out.

FUTURE REFERENCE: Just because some of us don't post it, doesn't mean we don't know about it. A lot of you should feel lucky that advanced info. is even being mentioned on here.
ZombieJesus12:
Seriously? We're not impressed. At all. I mean, I'm sure it's nice for some people to see a blurry silhouette a month before the shoe comes out, but for the rest of us, the "information [you] divulge" is, to be fair, useless. I'm tired of cats coming on boards with cryptic, impotent posts like: "More colorways coming. Trust me," or "new cushioning system next quarter!" Nike takes years to cycle products through - gizmodo and others posted leaked Nike patents applications from early last year that STILL hasn't come to market - from research to development, so by the time you actually know anything, it's a few weeks away from being released generally.

You already got destroyed in the one thread for pointing out how people who work at Nike don't call it a "bubble," and on and on. What's funny about that is then a few weeks later, Nike released the Lunar Foam and in the official presentation from Nike by a Nike employee he referred to an Air Pocket as a "bubble." So, MenOfOregon, which is it? Are you, some random dude on a board, correct, or is the guy giving official press releases in fact right?

Get a hold of yourself

laugh.gif
MenofOregon:
A lot of you should feel lucky that advanced info. is even being mentioned on here.
lobotomybeats:
evolworshipcopyuo1.jpg

roll.gif

I shouldn't be posting but yes I have been approached by Employee Relations about my possible affiliation with Slim who in turn I have emailed and PMed,but the worse part is I was accused NOT by Corporate because Corporate does not follow this board, but other employees do.

I am WELL aware of the "other" Nike employee's who have accused me of releasing the information mentioned above and that information was directlyabout one of my good friends (Ken Link) and I wouldn't post something of that Nature. To boot, I wasn't even in town when it was posted, and when Ireturned to Beaverton I was confused as to why Ken mentioned something to me about it, because I had literally just read it that morning.

There are ALOT of Politics up here, that I was & wasn't aware of as well as alot of jealousy that is pretty much the biggest disappointment. But I havealways been straight up about who I have been on the NET as well as in person, and as long as I've been posting on NT I have been an advocate for Nikealtho truthful about Nike's Products. I have never given out information about it's Products prior to it being public knowledge.

The fact that I have only lived in Beaverton since last fall, and information has been put on NT since the beginning of time and NOW Im the culprit? Most ofthe folks I have known or gotten to know over the years would never have shared stuff with me if they thought it would be posted here. Too bad some of thefolks I know I even hang with have tried to associate me with this guy. Dudes will do anything to try and get a gig with Nike and look good to them....even ifit is outting those who ARE posting information..

If and when Slim is found out he WILL be reprimanded, but I suggest to all the "insiders" don't do like me as he mentioned above.... and be sofree with your identity.. I gues honesty isn't always the best policy. I could just have easily said I wasn't Rockdeep and kept it moving. It was askedif "Rockdeep" meant Deep under Cover in the company. I found that laughable, since I have had that name since I was a youngster and Message Boardsdidn't exist, but the things people will say to try and get you hemmed up.

All I will say for now, is that if it ISN"T cleared up and the information sent out isn't retracted, there will be problems for other folks withinCompany, as well as those I know that have submitted me as the person associated with SlimSolejer. When it comes to my name and Character being assasinated Idon't play. When it comes to the sacrifices I have made to be where I am, I am not letting ANYONE bring me down without a fight.

Those who have always asked me for advice on how to get to Nike know the positive things I have done, those who ask advice on anything Product Related in theIndustry know I have politely declined giving out info. Those who have gotten to know me over the years ON and OFF the net know me not to put myself in thissituation.

I will be ok in the end regardless of the outcome. Those few fella's in J.R and N.R won't. Anonymous submissions aren't always so anonymous.

Damn, looks like a big crackdown at nike, first websites selling products early go down, now insiders are getting chin checked.
As much as i love new info, i don't want info at the expense of other peoples jobs.

When it comes to my name and Character being assasinated I don't play. When it comes to the sacrifices I have made to be where I am, I am not letting ANYONE bring me down without a fight.
Rock from what i know your a good person, good things happen to good people, So don't even sweat it!

Stay on topic bud. This is not about pockets, bubbles, Air bags or anything of that nature. This is about what RockDeep andSlimSolejer have stated above. This is not the time to try and make a name for yourself today, and keep running to Dictionary.com to look upbig words that you'll post here. Make up another thread if you want to. Stick to the discussion please. That goes for anyone else who is thinking aboutadding useless discussion in this thread. I'm sure SlimSolejer didn't produce this thread to have it cluttered by nonsense. He has a"clear cut" message for RockDeep and anyone else on Campus.

Rock
, I respect the fact that you've been "open" about your identity here and in your department. I admit that I could not be so bold. Ihave taken the other approach and concealed mine out of fear. I do understand the politics of Headquarters and I certainly hope that things will get settledswiftly and subtly for you. So most of the leaks come from J.R. and N.R.? Wow, didn't know too much about that. Regardless, good luck!

seriously????

this is what this message board has come to?

this is not the secret service, or fbi or anything that important.

it is about SHOES! its not that serious that people here should be worrying about their "identity" like you some kind of spy or rogue agent orsomething. its about some damn SHOES.

rockdeep, I have never met you and have no idea who you are or what you do, but take care of yourself and your family and your job first. this is all aboutSHOES. the majority of people here dont even care about advanced knowledge or info anyways, actually I am one of them. it makes no difference to me, i dontlive near the damn house of hoops anyways, so what good does it do me? I do know that you love your job, so why take ANY chances or ruining that? I know yousay that you have never posted anything you shouldnt, but why even give idiots the chance to say you have? people are shady and ready to stab anyone in theback for advancement, especially in a company like Nike, even your friends would it do it the situation presented itself. if you have a group of people youwant to give info to, call them or pm them personally, take away any chance of someone accusing you of anything. In the long run, the majority of people lookout for themselves, no matter who they have to bring down to do it.

Ghettocat, it's not really the shoes that's the problem, it's the giving away of vital, advanced information thatmay affect the company's position in the market share. And it could cost someone their job, a job that a lot of people have worked so hard to obtain.It's more of a long term effect.

RockDeep, one of the problems too is that whatever we consider "public/common knowledge" isn't always what thedepartment heads consider as well. So it's kind of a "no win situation" at times. It can be debatable and trivial. They can even get testy whenwe allude to something. We've all been guilty of that.

its about some damn SHOES.
it's not really about shoes. it's about running a company. and something like almost $15 billion in profits.
every company, no matter what industry, has "propietary" (not sure if that's the right way of saying it) info that it doesn't want sharedwith the outside public.
not taking sides at all, and I've never seen Rock be "stupid" with posting info on this board, but I can totally understand if Nike gets pissedwhen info gets leaked.

-J-

MenofOregon:
Stay on topic bud. This is not about pockets, bubbles, Air bags or anything of that nature. This is about what RockDeep and SlimSolejer have stated above. This is not the time to try and make a name for yourself today, and keep running to Dictionary.com to look up big words that you'll post here. Make up another thread if you want to. Stick to the discussion please. That goes for anyone else who is thinking about adding useless discussion in this thread. I'm sure SlimSolejer didn't produce this thread to have it cluttered by nonsense.
Yeah, everyone, stay on topic!

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go figure out what the heck this has to do with the topic:
MenofOregon:
And by the way, what is an "Air pocket" ???? Never heard that term used in footwear before.
I'm sure it has something to do with Slim's apology and Rock's responses and the topic of 'info being released before Nike wantedit to be released' and people being wrongfully accused of things... but I can't see the connection right now. Gimme a second.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom