MY CAR INSURANCE IS TOO HIGH

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by Square town 707

Insurance is expensive in New York. Rates mostly depend on ; Age, driving record, and frequency of accidents in the zipcode you live in, other factors are included too.

Best advice to give is tell the insurance company you drive 3,000 miles a year. Shop around too, Insurance rates vary vastly from company to company. I'd sell you insurance, but I'm in CA.
You're telling him to commit fraud?  Even if you tell them that when you sign up they're going to ask you your mileage ever year.  Should you get in an accident and actually need it, you're SCREWED.  The point  of insurance is to offset any accidents, not get one over on yourself.

I have had AAA for the past 4 years.  It costs $1000 for two drivers and cars.  I also have a clean record and I've been out of school for several years now, so my rate has been dropping every year too.
Maybe I should rephrase that. If you drive less than the national average of 12,000 miles make sure your insurance company knows this. We have many customers who are getting rated at a higher mileage when in reality they drive 3-5,000 miles a year, whether it be unemployed, carpooling etc. For anyone, if you don't drive that much, make sure your insurance company knows this, it will save you some money.

Also an insurance company will not deny a claim, simply because a policy is incorrectly rated. They will make the adjustments to your policy if you do have a claim when they find out about it. Too much legal ramification to deny a claim, because your mileage was off. They rather pay the claim than pay a lawyer and risk losing in court. AAA may ask mileage yearly, however many companies do not, again this varies by state.

This is a good thread, very informative. It seems like I pay too much too. I have geico and pay $150 a month for full coverage on a 2005 Honda Civic, I've had no accidents or tickets for more than five years.

This is a good thread, very informative. It seems like I pay too much too. I have geico and pay $150 a month for full coverage on a 2005 Honda Civic, I've had no accidents or tickets for more than five years.

I made a thread like this last week. I just turned 24 last month myself and im paying $3200+ a yr for my subaru legacy 08. 
indifferent.gif

I might know a spot for you that im going to check out on wednesday or maybe even tomorrow. My boy who wants my car quoted him at $1400 for the yr and he's my age.

It's better to hit up one of those local offices that offer car insurance, they could hook it up more then when you call or do it online.

You know anyone out of state?

I'll keep in touch but if not PM me.

squaretown, if your car gets hit parked does that make your insurance go up ?

I made a thread like this last week. I just turned 24 last month myself and im paying $3200+ a yr for my subaru legacy 08. 
indifferent.gif

I might know a spot for you that im going to check out on wednesday or maybe even tomorrow. My boy who wants my car quoted him at $1400 for the yr and he's my age.

It's better to hit up one of those local offices that offer car insurance, they could hook it up more then when you call or do it online.

You know anyone out of state?

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

indifferent.gif

No it won't. Unless you do something that is your fault it will not have an effect on your insurance rates if you make a claim

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

indifferent.gif

No it won't. Unless you do something that is your fault it will not have an effect on your insurance rates if you make a claim

Geico. You need a good record though and if you get into an accident, they will raise your rates pretty high from what I have heard.

Geico. You need a good record though and if you get into an accident, they will raise your rates pretty high from what I have heard.

Back
Top Bottom