my cavity just broke open. (PIC)

damn dude... your story sounds eerily similar to me.

know EXACTLY what youre talkin bout. I hit a meth streak for a few years when I was in college, and it totally jacked my teeth up. Been clean off that for bout 8 years now, but my teeth still suffer. My hygenist got me coming in for cleanings every 4 months instead of every 6 months cause my weak teeth are very prone to plaque buildup and just overall decay and deterioration.

brushing alone, even vigorous brushing twice a day aint gonna cut it. especially if you arent regularly flossing. even if you dont have dental insurance, i would highly highly recommend going in to see a hygenist for regular cleanings. with the drug damage to your teeth its definitely going to be an uphill battle to maintain marginal teeth health, but without professional cleanings its going to be an impossible battle.

on a different note

"no drug use is ever worth anything. ever"

i know you are a reformed/recovering user, I am too somewhat, but I gotta disagree with that.

I still smoke bud (Team Medical too) and I will say that my bud use is definitely worth it. It helps me relax after a long day of work, and that far outweighs the questionable detrimental factor it has on my health. Bud is the only thing I really do nowadays. Like you, quit most of that other stuff cold turkey, no rehab/detox. I promised my wife that I would give up the buds once she got pregnant, and while that will be a joyous time in my life, I aint really wanting to give it up. But gotta do what I gotta do when there are kids/family involved.

Good luck with your tooth man.

Mine is like that too. No druga tho yes it hurts no health onsurance. I have the insurance application but its so thick im too lazy to fill it out

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

damn dude... your story sounds eerily similar to me.

know EXACTLY what youre talkin bout. I hit a meth streak for a few years when I was in college, and it totally jacked my teeth up. Been clean off that for bout 8 years now, but my teeth still suffer. My hygenist got me coming in for cleanings every 4 months instead of every 6 months cause my weak teeth are very prone to plaque buildup and just overall decay and deterioration.

brushing alone, even vigorous brushing twice a day aint gonna cut it. especially if you arent regularly flossing. even if you dont have dental insurance, i would highly highly recommend going in to see a hygenist for regular cleanings. with the drug damage to your teeth its definitely going to be an uphill battle to maintain marginal teeth health, but without professional cleanings its going to be an impossible battle.

on a different note

"no drug use is ever worth anything. ever"

i know you are a reformed/recovering user, I am too somewhat, but I gotta disagree with that.

I still smoke bud (Team Medical too) and I will say that my bud use is definitely worth it. It helps me relax after a long day of work, and that far outweighs the questionable detrimental factor it has on my health. Bud is the only thing I really do nowadays. Like you, quit most of that other stuff cold turkey, no rehab/detox. I promised my wife that I would give up the buds once she got pregnant, and while that will be a joyous time in my life, I aint really wanting to give it up. But gotta do what I gotta do when there are kids/family involved.

Good luck with your tooth man.
stopped burning on the regular when my daughter was born.

but.....ya man. i agree with every word. every word. herb isn't a drug
tongue.gif

Been avoiding clicking on this thread all day but I just couldn't stay away. I am now, officially scarred for life.

i gotta get a couple cavities filled but never been in to do it. do that %*% hurt to get done?

No, they numb the area

i brush twice a day religiously but don't floss.

First off, step it up to three times a day or after ever major meal. 
Second, start flossing. Brushing is only half the battle and flossing is more important when it comes to gum disease and TOOTH LOSS. You're a grown man and it's time to start taking your health seriously.

This actually happened to me about a month ago when I was flossing. Heard what sounded like marbles dropping on the floor and looked down and saw a couple chunks of my molar. Dentist just refilled it. No problems since. It was scary though.

Aze201 wrote:

i brush twice a day religiously but don't floss.

You're a grown man and it's time to start taking your health serious.
ya. been going through that "real life" crisis lately. where we start looking further into our future and realizing its going to be too late too soon.

Dang...sorry to see this happen to you. You gotta keep your mouth maintained with regular check-up visits though. 

Thats what happened to my tooth exposing my filling, but I don't do meth and it happened while I was eating some skittles (the final straw).....It will stay as is until I get health insurance
frown.gif

Besides not doing drugs...make sure you go see your dentist...been 9+ years since I seen one
frown.gif

so when is the last time you have went to the dentist? Normally you supposed to go twice a year once every 6 months to get your teeth examined and cleaned

no pain so far other than my tongue.
its all chopped up from the sharp edge of the broken tooth.

well its not cut buts its so damn sore i can hardly talk.

got an appointment to get that bad boy yanked on Monday.

maybe i should make a necklace of all my teeth.

Back
Top Bottom