My Daughter has a Cell phone Vol. Over protective??

9 years old??

wayyy to early man.

I think the appropriate age is 23 for women...... jk

I would honestly say at age 14+

Originally Posted by Face82

She's 9 this year. She has a cell phone now. I love the hell out of lil mama but she will call every 15 minutes. Lol.
Don't be talkin bout #+*
laugh.gif

Just be wanting to say hi. She will call everybody in the family back to back to back. Somehow I feel we made a mistake letting her have one. Lol
But we got it for emergencies only but she can use it on weekends.

My question is do you think it's to early?
I'm an old school cat. We dint have none of this #+* growing up. Of course I think kids today have it mad easy. Do you think we (me and my fam) went in a lil early or would you do the same? I'm only 26... she'll be 9 soon. I'm just a lil over protective already I see and just want her 2 be able to call when she might be in trouble.
My biggest fear is letting her ride the bus home. I mean we did back then. But now day you got pedo's and %+% catching kids up left and right. She wants to ride the bus so bad but I just don't think she's ready. She's a shy lil girl. She's not all out there and know every song on the radio. I don't know ..... but yea...what you think?

She don't know *!+ about no internet (only for classes or disney games) or chat rooms, ect. I just wana know am I being over protective. Is it to early to early or am I going over board.

Its good for her safety.. my little sister has a phone and she is also 9. There is a girl in her class that has a IPhone 3G.
pimp.gif

my girls 2 and half shes get an official cell when she turns 17 b4 that only havin one of those emergency type phones....shell be able to call my cell her momscell grandparetns cell 911 and like a tutor or something

I don't think its too early, depending on her plan. Its good to always have a way to communicate with your kids now a days. You never know what couldhappen.

I know my sisters husbands daughter has an iPhone and the little girl is only 13 years old
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. She's as smart as they come though.

Damn that's way too early. That can lead to other things early, best put her on check or take that phone away. My girlfriend's niece is 12 and got hers2 years ago and this little girl would be calling boys like crazy. I know its what we did as kids too, but I'm not even blood and that gets me overprotective for that girl. It's crazy how quick they grow up.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I dont know its a little early but if you leave her alone often then maybe it was a smart thing.
well said.

What kinda phone is it cause all she needs is the basics

Originally Posted by eight2one

fatherhood has to be scary....damn son, you had a daughter at 15/16??
From the looks of his profile, he had her at the age of 50.

Originally Posted by akademikgenius

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

Can I get the 7 digits?

its always that one person who has to bring the corn to the dinner table...
tired.gif

its always that one nter who has to use that quote all the time...
laugh.gif

But make sure the phone has a tracking device on it, because these kids are getting snatched up like hot cakes.

Cant wait to have a daughter and cant wait till she calls me to talk plus i wont have to talk to my wife at the time lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But 9 is too early

that is wayyyyy too young...i understand it may be to make sure she's safe, but 9 years old man....too young.

i was 15 in 03 when i got my first one.

my day for being a father is very very very soooon and im prepairing myself mentally so i dont get cursed out by my ladys mom in spanish every 5 seconds.

She is way too young. Why does she need a cellphone? We all survived without cellphones at that age.

My biggest concern is the health hazards of cellphones for kids. So many scientists and researchers have come out warning and urging parents to not givechildren cellphones since it is very harmful to them. Children's brain at that age are still developing and very dense and the cell phone radioactivity caneasily affect them because the brain is more porous and a lot more susceptible to everything. Countries around the world are issuing warnings not to providecellphones to children, such as France which is about to make it illegal to market cellphones to children under 12. In Russia, it's recommended childrenunder 18 not use cellphones at all.

Allowing children to have cellphones at that age is basically like microwaving their heads, as one doctor put it.

The cell phone situation, that's alright I guess, for emergency purposes. If she is ever at, say the park, with you and happens to (God forbid) wander offwithout you noticing, or if she is with a friend of her and her guardians you are going to want to be in contact with her. Understandable.

The bus situation, you are not being over protective at all. I would be same, especially with a daughter. I wouldn't let her ride the bus alone, even if itwas a friend or two. I would want an adult with them.

Back
Top Bottom