My dog is passing away

Wow my dog just passed away on the 15th. The day after my brothers birthday who also passed away. It was crazy it was 1 am and I let him out but this time he wouldn't come in. I went out there and saw him in the corner of my backyard in a patch of snow. I just knew, man. I called he wouldn't come. I picked him up and brang him inside and comforted him for like a half hour. He went to his sleep spot and passed away about a half hour after my parents woke up. I know that feel, and I think just spending time letting him/her eat whatever there favorite food is, for my dog it it was cheese :lol: he went ape**** for cheese. Anyway the pain is real but life keeps going on . I been contain plating getting another dog because since the 15th I been doglless for the first time ever in my life.

I lost my dog this time last year. Still miss him.

Generally, when I dream, its the stupidest, most random ****...but on occasion, I dream that my dog is alive and well, and we're just chillin like it was old times. I love that.

Generally, when I dream, its the stupidest, most random ****...but on occasion, I dream that my dog is alive and well, and we're just chillin like it was old times. I love that.
The night after one of my dogs died I had a dream about him. He was running down the stairs to greet me and was surrounded by this golden radiant light, it was like I was looking at an angel or something. When I woke up and realized it was just a dream 
frown.gif

The night after one of my dogs died I had a dream about him. He was running down the stairs to greet me and was surrounded by this golden radiant light, it was like I was looking at an angel or something. When I woke up and realized it was just a dream :frown:

Damn that must hit hard

You all will truly never understand how your kind words and stories have helped me through this tough time. I really wish my dog and and I could meet you and thank in person. I'kk show this post to my mom to and I know she'll really appreciate it as well. Talking about this and giving some updates on her have really helped and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has went through this. At current time my dog is still fighting through. She seems to not want to lay down at one place for very long. But I feel like I should be encouraged by the fact that she has the strength to get up and move still. As well as still drink some water. I'll never understand how my dog got so brave because it definitely wasn't from me.

I've had dogs my whole life man. Recently 2 of my dogs that I had while growing up passed :frown:

It does suck but sometimes there's nothing you can do and the best thing is to accept it, you gave them a great life and they were happy, but there comes a time when they have to go.

It sucks, but you will be ok, op, I know exactly how you feel.

One of my dogs fell victim to cancer as well a few years ago
tired.gif
.  She was fine one day and the next day she was struggling to breathe, so we took her to the vet and they rushed her into surgery, but it was too late.  She had a tumor in her lungs, but showed no signs until it was too late.  Wish I had more time with her, so she could have one last special day.

Had to put down my last dog this summer because arthritis was making it too difficult for her to move around
tired.gif
.  I hated having to make that decision, but I could see it in her face that she was ready to go.  On her last day, I woke up early to make her breakfast and just hung out with her the entire day.  Bought her a bunch of dog treats and let her chew on them while laying down outside.  She didn't like car rides and she was in pain walking around, so we spent the day lounging around the house.  Tried to make the day as special as possible for her.

Proud and grateful both of them were a part of my family, too many great memories
pimp.gif

OP, my advice is to check out this article, which will give you an idea of how to spend your last day with your dog: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/heavy_petting/2011/09/the_perfect_day.html

): I can't even fathom losing my son, I've had him since he was six months, and he turns four in April. Longest I've ever had a dog, and he's grown on to me. His dad just had a leg amputated since they found cancer early on. This kind of worries me since im scared it runs in his genetics. OP you're extremely strong, and so is your bundle of joy. Spending these last few moments is what counts. ):

I'd take her to the vet, get her some meds for the pain and hold her talking nice like your dog likes and let the last voice she hears be yours. That's my one regret with the Pit that we just lost a year ago..

RIP to OPs dog..
RIP to China.. I miss her so damn much.

losing a dog is painful, although I think I can say the following for EVERY pet owner. The memories they give you far outway the pain of seeing them go.

Personally I was never even able to say that my dog was the lucky one with the way our family treated him. He was one of our own and gave him a great life. However I by far got the winning end of the stick. As cliché as it may sound, my dog was my brother. Didn't have to say a damn thing, just always wanted to give me love. He was about two years old when I was born and watched me grow. On bad days, I would come home and he would run around the house not able to control his happiness. On good days, I would come home and he would do the same. Didn't matter the occasion. It's as if his lifelong goal was to make me happy and ALWAYS be there for me.

He was always an amazing dog from the day my family brought him home to the day he passed. For the last year of his life we moved to a 2 story house, which was perfectly fine. However, on his last week he was having problems going up and down the stairs as he would regularly fall and my mom would have to help him. His whole life he had no problem going pee outside, but during his last week he was no longer able to make it and he would go in the garage. We also noticed he used to kind of shy away from us certain times of the day. Mom took him into the vet and set up a surgery the next date for him. Even when he was in pain he didn't want us to worry.

Honestly, I had completely forgotten about the surgery while I was at school. I come home and my dad informs me that the vet did all he could but he didn't make it. I can't even explain the feeling that I got. My furry little, or big brother I should say, was gone.

Still wish you were here to lick my face every morning to wake me up. R.I.P Champy.

Remember OP you are the lucky one and just the fact that this is affecting you so much shows that you were as good of an owner as she was a sister. Seriously, just take 5 minutes. Sit down next to her, paw in one hand, and the other hand rubbing her favorite place to be rubbed. Let her know you love her. As foolish as it may sound, she will understand.

My girlfriend's lab/pit mix is at 13, reaching 14 years old. He's still acting like a young one at times, but we know what we're dealing with.

She loves that dog more than one could imagine. She tears up any time she thinks of his passing, but I guess I'll tell you what I told her...

"There is nobody more suitable to own him (in your case, her) than you and your family. You've made their life great and I'm sure they're forever grateful."

Damn man sorry to hear that. Just be there for her as much as you can. Freakin sucks :\

Wow my dog just passed away on the 15th. The day after my brothers birthday who also passed away. It was crazy it was 1 am and I let him out but this time he wouldn't come in. I went out there and saw him in the corner of my backyard in a patch of snow. I just knew, man. I called he wouldn't come. I picked him up and brang him inside and comforted him for like a half hour. He went to his sleep spot and passed away about a half hour after my parents woke up. I know that feel, and I think just spending time letting him/her eat whatever there favorite food is, for my dog it it was cheese :lol: he went ape**** for cheese. Anyway the pain is real but life keeps going on . I been contain plating getting another dog because since the 15th I been doglless for the first time ever in my life.
Backstory
Duke was 11 and had cushings disease, beautiful g shep-husky mix. Looked like a wolf. Well his blood sugar was so low they found out he had pancreas cancer. He tred to pass outside, and he is about 120 pounds dead weight, brang him inside and spoiled him rotten. Then went to sleep, he lasted till my mom and dad woke up to say bye too them. It was on a Sunday so vets were closed. I had to bury him outback. I feel better knowing his soul is close to me. My first dog I had from 2-21 I had duke from 13-24y/o . It's been a few weeks I miss him dearly. When you find him it will be emotional. Just know the pain is gone. And you gave him a great life. Much love stay strong man.

Edit, now I want a pit, but my mom isn't having it. So I am going to try n get a husky or Alaskan malamute I want something that looked like my duke, I don't do small dogs. But I feel a hole in my life not having a dog to take care of.

Last edited:
I put one of my dogs to sleep back on August 21st, 2013. The amount of tears that came out of my eyes during those 2 days was unbelievable. What I would do to have a few more days with her when she was healthy. She had kidney failure that we were fighting with for about 9 months. We spent about 15k on medication and vet visits/hospitalizations. But we don't regret for spending even a dime.

The 11 years of joy that she brought to our household will never be forgotten. RIP Punia.

View media item 714487

Last edited:
Damn, sorry to hear that my brother. The only thing I have to say is that you can't be selfish, and you have to let her go from her pain. I have dog too and she's getting older (about 12yo); I can't imagine how I would feel when our time together had come to an end. Stay positive and reflect on the time you two spent together and how much she had impacted on your life for the better you.

Here's my dog btw.

View media item 616453

Back
Top Bottom