My dog was attacked by another dog, the owner is denying responsibility, what can I do?

Well she seems to be doing well!

Attachments

• IMG_8448.JPG
    IMG_8448.JPG
    867.3 KB · Views: 21
Man. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate owners like that. One time a dog lashed out for NO reason on my baby Maltese and before I even picked my Maltese up, as everyone was rushing over to help me, the dude picked up his dog, ran to his car and dipped.

I know this from watching too many court shows.
No matter what the owner has a responsibility to control their dogs, because animals are going to act like animals period.
At ALL times. Even when leashed.

If you lose control of your dog and it bites another human or harms another animal you are ALWAYS at fault. ALWAYS.
So sue him for medical bills, lost wages, and court costs.

Thanks green rhino.

My dog I have now is easily the best dog I've ever owned. She's smart as hell.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "grown man dog" but taking care of a high energy dog who requires tons of exercise everyday as well as mental stimulation is pretty grown man to me.

Are you ever going to take your dog back to that dog park?

I'll admit I'm super over protective of my dog. Even bringing her there before that always made me nervous sometimes with how other dogs could get. I rather take her on a long walk 9/10 to burn off energy. I definitely won't bring her to a dog park for awhile.

My dog I have now is easily the best dog I've ever owned. She's smart as hell.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "grown man dog" but taking care of a high energy dog who requires tons of exercise everyday as well as mental stimulation is pretty grown man to me.

Your dog is my favorite in the NT Dog Thread...dog is the bomb b

if you ever do take her back there-be real sensitive to her social cues-she may be telling you yes or no-which you would have to respect
either way

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I avoid dog parks at all costs. Just a recipe for disaster. Not so much violence/fighting, but my dog would go on a humping spree.

I just don't like the concept of dog parks. When you put that many dogs in a open space - it's completely unpredictable.

So basically, once you enter a public dog park, it turns into Michael Vick's backyard and the dog owner is responsible for whatever might happen?

so if I take a walk through a dog park and someones dog attacks me... I assumed the responsibility?

wut

Na. We're talking about unleashed dogs in a dog park. You are bound to have accidents like this when you have a lot of unleashed dogs around in a enclosed area. It is real unfortunate what happened to OP's dog and I'm glad his dog will be ok but that's a risk you assume when you bring your dog to a dog park. How is OP gonna prove negligence and intent on the other owner's part?

Your dog is my favorite in the NT Dog Thread...dog is the bomb b

if you ever do take her back there-be real sensitive to her social cues-she may be telling you yes or no-which you would have to respect
either way

Thank you! I'm trying to search for the dog thread but can't even find it with the new layout.

But here's a few more good pics of my dog!

IMG_8240.JPG
IMG_8172.JPG

IMG_7994.PNG

IMG_8207.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8207.JPG
    IMG_8207.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Na. We're talking about unleashed dogs in a dog park. You are bound to have accidents like this when you have a lot of unleashed dogs around in a enclosed area. It is real unfortunate what happened to OP's dog and I'm glad his dog will be ok but that's a risk you assume when you bring your dog to a dog park. How is OP gonna prove negligence and intent on the other owner's part?

In the end there were no vet bills and she ended up being okay. But to me, I assume the dangers of my dog being hurt when I bring her, but I also assume the risk of my dog attacking another dog (not that I think she ever would but I still take on that risk) and in the event that it happened I would do whatever I could to take responsibility and help the owner of said injured dog.

Pretty much everyone I told the situation too had the first response of "did the owner offer to help with the bills?"

Back
Top Bottom