My Early NBA Mock Draft (First Round)

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by lnmymind, Feb 26, 2009.

1. lnmymind

lnmymind

Keyword Early. This is just an early assumption of who's coming out...who's not coming out. Random Lottery Order as well. This was very difficult todo...very weak draft. In some instances I had to take best player available (i.e. Harden to LA even though they have Gordon)

I used Real GM's Draft Simulator - http://www.realgm.com/src_draftsim/4/

2009 NBA Draft

[th="row"]1[/th] [th="row"]2[/th] [th="row"]3[/th] [th="row"]4[/th] [th="row"]5[/th] [th="row"]6[/th] [th="row"]7[/th] [th="row"]8[/th] [th="row"]9[/th] [th="row"]10[/th] [th="row"]11[/th] [th="row"]12[/th] [th="row"]13[/th] [th="row"]14[/th] [th="row"]15[/th]
    [​IMG] Blake Griffin Power Forward, Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Ricky Rubio Point Guard, DKV Joventut
    [​IMG] Hasheem Thabeet Center, Connecticut
    [​IMG] James Harden Shooting Guard, Arizona State
    [​IMG] Greg Monroe Forward/Center, Georgetown
    [​IMG] Earl Clark Combo Forward, Louisville
    [​IMG] Brandon Jennings Point Guard, Roma
    [​IMG] Jordan Hill Power Forward, Arizona
    [​IMG] Al-Farouq Aminu Combo Forward, Wake Forest
    [​IMG] DeJuan Blair Power Forward, Pittsburgh
    [​IMG] Jeff Teague Point Guard, Wake Forest
    [​IMG] Tyreke Evans Combo Guard, Memphis
    [​IMG] Terrence Williams Shooting Guard, Louisville
    [​IMG] Stephen Curry Combo Guard, Davidson
    [​IMG] Cole Aldrich Center, Kansas
    [th="row"]16[/th] [th="row"]17[/th] [th="row"]18[/th] [th="row"]19[/th] [th="row"]20[/th] [th="row"]21[/th] [th="row"]22[/th] [th="row"]23[/th] [th="row"]24[/th] [th="row"]25[/th] [th="row"]26[/th] [th="row"]27[/th] [th="row"]28[/th] [th="row"]29[/th] [th="row"]30[/th]
    [​IMG] Willie Warren Point Guard, Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Gerald Henderson Shooting Guard, Duke
    [​IMG] Ty Lawson Point Guard, North Carolina
    [​IMG] Patrick Patterson Power Forward, Kentucky
    [​IMG] James Johnson Power Forward, Wake Forest
    [​IMG] Chase Budinger Small Forward, Arizona
    [​IMG] Darren Collison Point Guard, UCLA
    [​IMG] Jerome Jordan Center, Tulsa
    [​IMG] Evan Turner Small Forward, Ohio State
    [​IMG] Jonny Flynn Point Guard, Syracuse
    [​IMG] Demar DeRozan Guard/Forward, USC
    [​IMG] Tyler Hansbrough Power Forward, North Carolina
    [​IMG] Sam Young Small Forward, Pittsburgh
    [​IMG] DaJuan Summers Small Forward, Georgetown
    [​IMG] Patrick Mills Point Guard, St. Mary's

2. i nasmatic i

i nasmatic i

Looks reasonable for the most part.

I know Dejuan Blair and Terrence Williams are shooting up the draft boards, but damn #10 and #13 [​IMG]

3. bigmike23

bigmike23

Brandon Jennings still holding down a top 10 spot off hype or u think he will tear up workouts to put him back in there?

4. jville819

jville819

Derozan getting drafted 1st round? I know he has potential but isn't he averaging only like 7 or 8 a game

5. lnmymind

lnmymind

That's why I said this was extremely difficult to do. I tried to take in account who was rising up the boards and who was falling...and basedon team needs and their stocks at this time...I couldn't figure who else to select in those two spots. I figured Indiana has two pretty good point guardsin Jack/Ford. They are loaded at the wing (Granger, Dunleavy, Rush, Daniels) so I figured they'd be drafting big and they already have Hibbert in the paintso I figured some help or a possible replacement for Troy Murphy made sense. With Jersey...I just figured Carter's on his way out sooner or later andversatile wing like Williams would fit. I honestly believe once workouts roll around Williams is going to put himself in late lottery talks anyone...he'sthe definition of workout warrior in these types of drafts. He's going to wow teams in measurements and drills.

In this weak of a draft...on potential alone I had him there. I honestly don't think he's coming back no matter how much he needs to. I figure a teamlike OKC after probably landing a big time player with a top 3-5 pick could gamble with a late first round pick. Right now...the 2 and the 5 could use depth. Ifigured Derozan in OKC would be pretty interesting and worth the risk.

6. ThaxbyChamblis

ThaxbyChamblis

BJ SHOULD tear up workouts and playing against pros can't hurt. Esp when he seems to actually be playing defense over there.

7. sir rob a lot

sir rob a lot

I think Patty Mills is a Mid to Late first rounder and Darren Collison is a borderline first/second rounder. I think you should switch the two. IMO, I think aHarden/Gordon backcourt can work for the Clips.

8. airwing03

airwing03

no to willie warren. take Lawson or Hansbrough for that matter

9. lnmymind

lnmymind

Good point...if I had to make any changes I'd probably swap Mills and Collison...I don't know what I was thinking there.

You'd rather have Lawson or Hansbrough before Willie Warren? wow.

10. i nasmatic i

i nasmatic i

Yeah I see where you were getting at. I've been following the prospects/draft reports all year and it'll be very hard to predict who goes where forthe most part.

And of course Utah selects Chase Budinger [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. aubstuh86

aubstuh86

i see ricky rubio being a bust.

12. joesarge

joesarge

Chicago would sure have a lot of guards.

As a Piston fan I think I'd prefer a big...I guess Patterson and Johnson are the two that'd fall around there.

13. ThaxbyChamblis

ThaxbyChamblis

I can't see Dejuan Blair going top 10.

I just can't.

Teague in NY? In D'Antoni's system? [​IMG][​IMG]

Tyreke and Rose would be nice....But they would be quite possibly the worst shooting backcourt in the history of everything.

14. lnmymind

lnmymind

I can't either...I started to go with Pat Patterson there but I was like...I really couldn't see him going top 10 either. [​IMG]

15. the wizard

the wizard

you don't think Tyler Smith is going first round anymore? or what about Calathes, I don't see him coming back.

I think Jerel McNeal's stock could rise if he sees time at the 1 and plays decently now that Domo is out for the year.

16. jville819

jville819

Idk whether he will be one or not but I can't wait to see him play. I've been hearing about the kid since he was 15.

edit - I agree with Wiz, if Calathes comes out he is 1st round

17. gunna get it

gunna get it

Jerel McNeal. somewhere between 13-20.
    Im standin by that.

*edit
    Terrence Williams' game has NBA written all over it.

[​IMG]

18. airwing03

airwing03

thats why i said Psyco-T. He's the best big man available after that. I dont even know whats going to happen to us after the seasons over.
    Total Rehaul....get it?

19. nightruans

nightruans

11 Jeff Teague Point Guard, Wake Forest [​IMG][​IMG]

14 Stephen Curry Combo Guard, Davidson [​IMG][​IMG]

20. lnmymind

lnmymind

I was on the fence about Calathes...I don't have a good feel for whether he's coming back or not. If I put him in this one he'sprobably somewhere mid-first on my list. There are a TON of wings in this draft I figured someone had to be the odd man out which is why I left Smith out.

21. doublejs07

doublejs07

Good work on the mock....

Did you not put BJ Mullins in the 1st round on purpose?

I can see Sam Young and Terrence Williams being interchangable at the 13/28 spots....

*Keep a SERIOUS eye on Jerome Jordan...that's one dude who I think will end up in the lottery after camps etc....

22. al3xis

al3xis

23. hampisaboss

hampisaboss

Good Mock Draft
    I dont see Collison goin to the Hornets

24. lnmymind

lnmymind

I don't think Mullens is coming out. I think he'll enter and pull his name if he doesn't test well...which I think he won't. Butthen again...you never know...as evident by DeAndre Jordan last year.

Sam/Williams are interchangeable...I was just going off the buzz each player's getting right now. Alot of people are in love with Williams right now.

25. doublejs07

doublejs07

my same initial thoughts.

I understand the rationale with Blair in Indy tho...it's just when he measures in, it won't be good, regardless of his wingspan.

That 6'7" is gonna go down to 6'5"....believe that...

also...InMyMind....lets say Greivis carrys the Terps on some John Gilchrist-type of run in the ACC Tourney....is he sniffing the first round? He's cutdown on the TO's, but that FG % is [​IMG]