My fellow Comic Book heads...X-Men. "I don't get it"

I wanna get back in the groove of X-Men. I really haven't messed with any full X-Men comics since I was about 15 (around 1999) cause I got more into otherdifferent titles that demanded money; which I didnt have alot of to spend week by week. And I guess all these years in and out of the comic shop I repressed itand only read about them when a full Marvel U storyline forced it on me (House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion...).

Sooo...this past week, I scooped up X-Men Forever Alpha (Chris Claremont & Jim Lee's #1-3 reprint) and I gotta say reading that again made me go thegarage and dust off some of the old X comics and trading cards and the toys and made me miss it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But now...I don't know what the hell is going on..Theres like 4 different X-Men comics. Or are there more??
eek.gif
eyes.gif
Can someone help me make sense of it again? I can't remember much about the blue and gold teams...they had to have changed by now...right?

So now its..what:
X-Men Legacy
Uncanny X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
X-Men: First Class (I think I know whats going on with this one...Ithink...Wolverine is what?, babysitting the teen mutants basically?
laugh.gif
)
X-Men Forever (This one I get..its that same continuing story where Magneto died. Not Part of the 616...right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

I'd wikipedia it but my head would probably explode after 15 mins tryna figure this out...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Whats the difference between the highlighted ones above? And what the hell is the Messiah Complex? Sounds complicated. Help me out here please...
embarassed.gif

So the others are just side stories or alternates uni's?

My comic shop guy doesn't read the new stuff really to put me on...he's a 67 year old that just likes to watch old movies.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

So the others are just side stories or alternates uni's?

My comic shop guy doesn't read the new stuff really to put me on...he's a 67 year old that just likes to watch old movies.
None of them are really very good but If you like X-men you may like it.

Uncanny is the only one that really matters, Xmen Alpha/Forever are alternate universe things and the other ones Astonishing (a bastard child continuation ofthe amazing seminal Astonishing X-men written by Joss Whedon) and Young Xmen might as well be Dagrassi X-men.

If anything you owe it to your self to go buy the Astonishing X-men trade

Astonishing_X-Men_01.jpg

Becuase this is one of the greatest super hero stories ever told.

Yea like others have stated you should get into Uncanny if you want to start back again and Legacy to. I haven't picked up the latest issues do to finalsand studying but starting soon we're gonna see a mini battle between Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers and the X-men...which will probably lead tosomething happening to Emma Frost since she's is/was part of Norman's Cabal.

I would also suggest some of the side X-books like X-force and maybe Cable but that's been confusing for a while with him and that damn baby/littlegirl/last mutant born.

If anything you owe it to your self to go buy the Astonishing X-men trade
Which? Theres like a milion TPB's I could confuse it with...

we're gonna see a mini battle between Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers and the X-men
Yea...this I know about cause I love Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. This last issue of TB was
pimp.gif

I would also suggest some of the side X-books like X-force and maybe Cable but that's been confusing for a while with him and that damn baby/little girl/last mutant born
I can't get into Cable too much anymore. When I used read Cable & Deadpool it was like same stuff over and over with him...Sorry to say itbored me. You want confusing...pick up the latest War machine, I don't know what the $&% is going on in that one.
laugh.gif

uncanny x-men is the core book. basically it's anybody who's in san fran with the team being worked in as a rotating cast with the main story going on.

x-men legacy was xavier trying to work his memories out after being shot in the head by bishop. it's switching over to rogue soon with gambit playing arole in it.

astonishing is in the 616 but the book comes out pretty rarely because of delays. because of that i'm not sure how it fits in with with the rest of thebooks.

there are 2 first class books, x-men first class and wolverine first class. both are just showing the early days of the x-men. i think it's supposed to bein continuity.

x-men forever is chris claremont's book writing the x-men the way he originally planned after uncanny x-men 1, 2 and 3.

like people said uncanny's probably the only one you need if you just want to keep track of what's going on with the team but i like legacy too. andx-force and x-factor are also good books. x-force is the x-men strike team that cyclops put together in secret. they do the dirty work without the rest of thex-men knowing. x-factor is a "detective agency" team. right now it's dealing with the summers rebellion that was mentioned a long time ago

also young x-men i think is done and was replaced with a new mutants book with the old new mutants team back together

Okay cool...Man thats alot of books to keep up with if you're an X fan.
eek.gif

Think I'll stick with Uncanny and the Dark Avengers/X-Men crossover for now.

I had my cousin look for the one where Beast is in charge...he came back with I think X-Men first class so I called the guy up and he was more confused than Iwas. Took me 3 hours to figure out it was called GENEXT: United #1....
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Whatever happened to Gambit? I stopped reading after his trial for his sins in Antartica with Erik the Red.

Back
Top Bottom