My fellow weight lifters...

I use an ez-curl bar for my curls, and after every set, I get this sharp *%% pain in my wrists.

Hurts like hell!

I'm guessing this is from the pressure on my wrists (which I thought the ez-curl bar was suppose to help reduce).

So what am I doing wrong?

How can I prevent this?

How can you prevent this? Be a man and use a straight curl bar.

Now thank me.

i use a curl bar too.. the only thing i can think of is that you're using too much weight or you're gripping the bar in the wrong place

Sounds like you are not using proper technique.
Keep your wrist straight and "flat"

Do them slow and just make sure your form is perfect .. Don't matter how much you lift or fast you do it .. Form is key

Originally Posted by TheHavik

Sounds like you are not using proper technique.
Keep your wrist straight and "flat"
How can I keep my wrists straight and flat with an ez-curl bar when it curves?

And yeah, I try to keep my form as tight as possible.

I think you're putting much stress on your wrists than putting the stress on your bi's. Are you doing your curls seated or standing up? I'massuming you're doing it seated.

My wrists used to hurt whenever I did my chest, but I found out my wrists were in the wrong position ; I'm assuming it's just a case of positioningyour body while seated that's why the stress on your wrist is greater than it should be.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I think you're putting much stress on your wrists than putting the stress on your bi's. Are you doing your curls seated or standing up? I'm assuming you're doing it seated.

My wrists used to hurt whenever I did my chest, but I found out my wrists were in the wrong position ; I'm assuming it's just a case of positioning your body while seated that's why the stress on your wrist is greater than it should be.
I do them standing.

I've tried every position on the bar and it's all the same.

Super T1ght - Denise Milani

don't curl your wrists towards your body, or get wrist wraps. they take pressure of youre wrists & grip so you can lift more

Are you using too much weight? Sometimes I see cats try to lift too much, only to go into an improper posture/technique that will most likely result in aninjury.

How can I keep my wrists straight and flat with an ez-curl bar when it curves?

And yeah, I try to keep my form as tight as possible.
Wrists straight, not your hands straight. Keep your wrist in line with your forearm. Instead of bending your wrist backwards (the same positionits in during a pushup), keep it straight.

I believe thats what hes referring to in his post.

Originally Posted by wj4

Are you using too much weight? Sometimes I see cats try to lift too much, only to go into an improper posture/technique that will most likely result in an injury.
At the weight I'm using, my form is still proper, so I wouldn't say I'm trying to lift too much.

Durden7 - I get what you're saying.

I have no intention of switching to a straight bar.

And I lift four times a week.

Bi's, twice.

Be careful, if you strain your wrist it can be hella difficult to rehabilitate it back to normal. I hurt mine and it was bugging me 5-6 months later, even whenI hadn't been doing anything.

Use a wider grip until there is no pain.
Each individual anatomy is different. Some can use a narrower grip, some need to use a wider grip.

Try loosening up your grip a little bit. I have forearm splits, helps when I use a straight bar.

used to have pain in my wrists when i first started and i just kept with it though. ended up going away after a while. or do some wrist curls to strengthenyour wrists.

Back
Top Bottom