My friend needs help (kinda)

my friend has a dilemma and shed like some advice. she hates her job for one reason or another and she needs a new one. shes been offered another job with a different co that is about the same salary(willing to negotiate), nice benefits, and room for advancement. The dilemma is the shift they are offering conflicts with her night classes. She has an associates and she is about two semesters from getting bachelors. If they offer position but wont work with her on her schedule she isn’t sure what she should do

whats the best thing for her to do right now?

What is her current job offering her in terms of her finishing the bachelors degree? Can she go to day school given her shift at her new job?

i don’t think her job offers anything like that
and I don’t think shes able to do anything other than internet classes with this new shift

room for advancement
unless the new job is in the field she wants to go into after she completes her degree.. she should suck it up for 1 more year and stay at the old job...since the pay is pretty much the same

there is nothing more discouraging then a job you hate...that kinda eats away at your soul slowly.

stripper_pole1.jpg

dirty
she says
...... is a business and my field is business mgmt and hav a degree already in general business. Bankin behind the scenes is wht i wnt 2 do

...so it sounds like a job that she could potentially stay at for 5-10 yrs?
if that's the case..then take the new job and work on completing her classes over time.

here's what people miss about getting their degrees...
degrees are supposed to help you get into a job that you want to do and can turn into a career. If she's already found one...then the degree is secondary.

She doesn't have to abandon getting the degree though..she should still complete it...b/c no job is forever.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...so it sounds like a job that she could potentially stay at for 5-10 yrs?
if that's the case..then take the new job and work on completing her classes over time.

here's what people miss about getting their degrees...
degrees are supposed to help you get into a job that you want to do and can turn into a career. If she's already found one...then the degree is secondary.

She doesn't have to abandon getting the degree though..she should still complete it...b/c no job is forever.

Im not a big fan of agreeing with dirty, but if she does anything other than what he suggests in this post she would be making a mistake.
I was originally going to say to just get that degree, but being that this job is already in her field there is not a huge problem with taking the job now.

The only problem would be is that the last semester would have gone to waste if she doesnt finish and she could probably end up losing all the money shes paid for this semester. Is it too late for official withdrawals from the school she is in? Cause if it is she would have to take into consideration that she could potentially end up with all Fs this semester (not too sure about this). Tell her to talk to a counselor or something. Maybe she could take all her night classes and switch them for day classes if the professors are willing to allow that. I know a few people who did that in my college.

Back
Top Bottom