MY LAPTOP NEEDS A NEW MOTHERBOARD AND...

jt air jt

Banned
I was looking at some and found one I wanted. Can I install any mobo, or does it have to be a specific type?

The laptop is a HP DV6100. Since it needs to be specific, how do I figure out what socket I use for my laptop?

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

Nah, I want to learn how to install a mobo...
Then build a normal PC. There is no point in replacing a mobo in a laptop.

There is no point in replacing a mobo in a laptop.

nerd.gif

I have an HP DV6000 and my motherboard +%*%@$ up too...HP didn't cover it in it's extended warranty
indifferent.gif

grin.gif
@ people saying its not worth it...i paid $1,000 for that !@%%+

if you find out any info, let me know...i aint tryin to fix it myself, but i want to get it fixed

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

I have an HP DV6000 and my motherboard +%*%@$ up too...HP didn't cover it in it's extended warranty
indifferent.gif

grin.gif
@ people saying its not worth it...i paid $1,000 for that !@%%+

if you find out any info, let me know...i aint tryin to fix it myself, but i want to get it fixed
Buying a motherboard + installation can get expensive. In some cases its cheaper to just buy a new laptop.

The laptop is a HP DV6100. Since it needs to be specific, how do I figure out what socket I use for my laptop?

What exactly happened? I have a compaq v61-- and I had my motherboard replaced for free cuz they had some kind of recall on their laptops. It was also HPlaptops, so you may wanna look that up. Mine was out of warranty by a couple years too

Dropped bong water on it.
smh.gif

Did you call HP or did you do it online?

roll.gif
I don't think bong water is covered. Well all of a sudden the wireless card stopped working. I was just gonna buy a new portable wireless card butI gave it a shot and called. They told me it's and ongoing problem they have. I went on the forum on their website and a ton of people had the same problemI did. They sent a box for my laptop, sent it, and received it within 2 weeks with a new motherboard

First check if your comp is part of the affected ones. If yes, go to the HP or compaq website and look at their forum. Read what happened to other peoples compso u have your story down when you call HP

smh...i just called HP...on the site they it said my comp was apart of the extended warranty thing but when i called the lady said it expaired in January formy model...*#%*%!% company...if they know there %*+! is @@*+$* up they need to fix it for free

laugh.gif
@ replacing a motherboard laptop.

Don't do it, money's better spent on a new laptop.

a) You won't find a laptop motherboard anywhere like you will for your desktop

b) If you do, it'll be through some channel/HP directly and will end up costing you a grip

c) Working with laptops is a !$%$%

the only time I've seen people replace laptop motherboards is when a tech came in since my company had a contract with IBM/Lenovo. since they'd end upchanging the motherboard themselves, they came and replaced it on site. The invoice for the motherboard itself was about 50% the cost of a new laptop (thatdidn't include labour)....if it's still unfer warranty and the company replaces it, then do it, if not just get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom