My lil girl is moving out ...

Long Island City is nice now compared to what it was when I was in those streets.

Strip clubs galore and still some of the best ones is out there. I know she paying good money for that apartment there because around there is basically like living in Manhattan now with how upscale it is.

As a parent I’m sure it’s a little tough, but in general this is a great thing for her. Its going to be such a great learning experience for her.

I wish I started in my early 20’s instead of late. I got about 11 more years before my oldest graduates and I’m already feeling washed. I’m for sure hiring movers when the time comes, my days of moving couches up stairs are nearing its end.

she'll be good man, look at the positives. at least she's successful enough to move out and get her own spot.

it might be hard for her at first but it's like that for anyone.

my daughter moved to ga last summer with her mom, it was hard but tbh I see her more now because she'll come stay with me a week or two at a time and she's been here every month since she left vs seeing her on weekends.

it will be different but it will be fine.

Long Island City is nice now compared to what it was when I was in those streets.

Strip clubs galore and still some of the best ones is out there. I know she paying good money for that apartment there because around there is basically like living in Manhattan now with how upscale it is.

word, high rises galore. NYC ain't the bombed out city we either grew up with or learned of (late 80s baby so don't recall really any of that).

that said i think the city could use....spider man, daredevil....luke cage for the uptown madness.

EDIT: also punisher cuz that mf don't play.

Last edited:
Yeah uptown needs a serious delousing

But good to hear about the area being a good one cause i know nothing about it ..

Last edited:
The highrises and stuff is the “better” part of LIC but that neighborhood technically goes way up into Astoria. Id be in Astoria where my ex used to live and we’d chill around and she’ll be like technically we in LIC and im like what. :lol: Im so used to LIC being the area by the Queensborough bridge and anything SW of that til you hit Greenpoint.

Thanx to everyone talkin me off the bridge . Last night was rough, everyone in the house was quiet, real awkward.

Again tho, this is my favorite place for a reason man :smokin
.. It’s weird not hearing, seeing, feeling them.
When my 19 yr old moved out it was cool but what hit me more was When she got her own phone line off the family plan.

Nope got a min to go before this princess is out and I’m gonna enjoy every minute of it.

7142FC27-E6FC-4EA1-9A50-EDA5658B67F5.jpeg

9ECE9F25-F84E-40E3-B82B-CDA4FCE0BC29.jpeg

I’m glad you explained because at first I was like “y’all live in the Bronx and you don’t think she’s ready for Queens?!?! (LIC at that)” :lol:

LOL word me too. the coronavirusny account on IG...90% of the crazy **** they show is in the Bronx. That or subway. I was like damn that kid gonna be good OP watchu mean

Yeah the Bronx is a zoo right now but it's home, been here all my life. As bad as it is, especially where I live now, it never seems like a problem to me, just life. But as I've gotten older , a lil more quiet and safety sounds pretty good. Glad my kids are craving it earlier to be able to enjoy it more ...

kids aren’t built like us. :lol:

I was at this taco spot in the hood with my daughter one day. She’s like “why is it so dirty here? So much trash!”

I’m like well you should have seen in 15 years ago :lol:

It’s all good.

Embrace the change.

Reinvest in yourself. I can tell you that nothing makes kids happier than seeing that their parents have fulfilling lives. My biggest concern was (and still is) that my parents never really had any deep seeded passions or hobbies because they were too busy raising us.

And at the end of the day there’s a lot to look forward to.

And let’s be real you need them to leave and become adults because at some point you’ll be old and they’ll have to care of you anyways

Yeah the Bronx is a zoo right now but it's home, been here all my life. As bad as it is, especially where I live now, it never seems like a problem to me, just life. But as I've gotten older , a lil more quiet and safety sounds pretty good. Glad my kids are craving it earlier to be able to enjoy it more ...

Reminder for all those in nyc…..google ny housing connect

I feel you OP, my 18 year old stepdaughter moved out about 6 months ago. I came home the day that she broke the news to my wife and the way she was crying I thought that someone had died. The only thing you can do is be supportive and let your baby spread her wings and soar.

Back
Top Bottom