My NT Ballers, Given 10 Tries, Could You Score on Andre Iguodala 1 on 1?

image.jpg

I’ve played with this thing for about 4 hours now.
I still can’t figure out if i want to keep it, has a slight cheap feel IMO, but not significant. It’s okay. It’s $55 ball, so i thought it’d be Spaldings “evo” equivalent but I dunno.

Been using Evos for years and just want something else. I wonder if I should splurge for the NBA leather ball? I played in some runs like 12+ years ago with that ball and saw how it was nice but quite different. I wonder if I get used to it, if my shot/handle will be thrown off slightly when I play with the Evo again (since it’s the official ball of pickup games lol)

Thoughts? bballkid11 bballkid11 DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

:lol: Man, I legit think I have never purchased a ball in my life. I have "borrowed" every basketball that I have owned since the age of 19. Working at schools, recs, etc.

But I haven't used that Precision yet. It looks cheap though.

Looks different for sure I’ve never used it.
I been thinking about going to fiba ball or the nba leather also just don’t wanna pay lol

1. You didn't even break it in yet. All basketball perform a little different the first time and can be significantly different once broken in.
2. You have been playing with a different ball for a min. You gotta take sum time to adjust to playing something new.

Looks different for sure I’ve never used it.
I been thinking about going to fiba ball or the nba leather also just don’t wanna pay lol
I was looking to see what they go for on eBay , this one isn’t too bad, I think it’s the official ball, not one of those cheap ones. Signed by Nerlins Noel though :lol:

I hope the new NBA game balls feel better than the og ones. I'd bring mine to the gym and nobody wanted to hoop with it because compared to a Wilson jet Evolution which is probably GOAT for indoor pickup, it is slightly bigger, harder, narrower channels with a less smooth transition (the rubber seams), and slippery. Somehow the real leather gets grippier when wet. And if we not hooping wirh my ball abd I just let ****** shoot around with it in the sidelines or something, only a matter of time before its stolen

really just came back to the thread to see if anyone can score on Dort from the Oklahoma City Thunder. Dude could probably lateral shuffle/defensive slide a 100m faster than most of us could run it

You get 20 tries to score only once on any NBA player of your choosing. If successful, you get $10M tax-free. If not, you and a random family member get tortured to death. If you are willing to risk it, who do you choose?

I hope the new NBA game balls feel better than the og ones. I'd bring mine to the gym and nobody wanted to hoop with it because compared to a Wilson jet Evolution which is probably GOAT for indoor pickup, it is slightly bigger, harder, narrower channels with a less smooth transition (the rubber seams), and slippery. Somehow the real leather gets grippier when wet. And if we not hooping wirh my ball abd I just let ****** shoot around with it in the sidelines or something, only a matter of time before its stolen
Is it easy to transition from the Nba ball to an Evolution? Like say you shot around with your ball every morning and then played pickup games in the afternoon with an Evo? Or would your shot and handle be off

You get 20 tries to score only once on any NBA player of your choosing. If successful, you get $10M tax-free. If not, you and a random family member get tortured to death. If you are willing to risk it, who do you choose?

20 attempts to make one? Lol... I’m not sure the lowest amount I’d do it for, I’d do it for one mill though. I am a really good shooter and I’m 6’4” and I have good mobility for a regular pick up player, not an nba player. tbh I think I could go either end of the spectrum - a short guy who’s OD quick but I could shoot over or post up, or a big guy who‘s slow.

I know it would be easy to choose like a Isaiah Thomas. Or like a Tyler ulis type (I know he’s not in the league anymore).

I’d love to see about scoring on someone like Boban or Tacko. In a 1:1 situation where I’d have the whole court to work with I could use that to my advantage lol. I feel like their foot speed would give me a decent chance.

Easy money, any NBA player? I’d choose little Isaiah Thomas.

im 6’4 250 - I could get a bucket

I have seen plenty of stiff bigger dudes try to use their size to unsuccessfully post up lil athletic dudes who can actually lock up. Just cuz Lil Zeke can't defend NBA players doesn't mean he can't lock up regular trash taller weekend warriors. Low center of gravity, strong core and legs, having to post up or gain separation from the 3, etc. What level did you two played on? I think if you have a good quick trigger and ability to hit with a hand in your face, it would be the easily way to score on lil zeke imo.

Is it easy to transition from the Nba ball to an Evolution? Like say you shot around with your ball every morning and then played pickup games in the afternoon with an Evo? Or would your shot and handle be off

I always play with a different ball it doesn't matter to me. Nba ball nice I have one. The sound it makes when you swish is not like the others. Evos are so spongey they have a friendly bounce off the backboard on layups. Nba ball not so much.

The molten balls are really good. I have a lower end synthetic the gf7x, it gets very slick if you sweat on it through. I like it more than the evolution but that's just me I like every ball more than the Evo

Iguodala seems like a well versed dude. I’d tell em we split 5 milli. Just let me do a reverse left handed between the legs move

No but I returned the Spalding precision ball and bought “the rock”, and it’s super nice. It is very similar to a normal Evo. I’m still breaking it in. No complaints. My last Evo was cheap feeling. I’ve had great ones and subpar ones.
The quality on the regular evolution has been pretty garbage, the last one I bought last year so horrible. Made Wilson take it back and sent me one straight from the factory, thing felt amazing compared to what I’ve seen in store and what others have bought

I have seen plenty of stiff bigger dudes try to use their size to unsuccessfully post up lil athletic dudes who can actually lock up. Just cuz Lil Zeke can't defend NBA players doesn't mean he can't lock up regular trash taller weekend warriors. Low center of gravity, strong core and legs, having to post up or gain separation from the 3, etc. What level did you two played on? I think if you have a good quick trigger and ability to hit with a hand in your face, it would be the easily way to score on lil zeke imo.
i agree, but that also comes down to positioning and even footwork on posting up smaller guys, not just being taller or heavier than them.

There are players who are all time players overall in ball and still struggle(d) with this and allow themselves to be defended by much smaller players. Kevin Durant ans Dirk come to mind quickly. They don't even seal the defender properly and all too often the entry pass even gets stolen.

I havent hooped in 8 yrs or so, probably cant touch rim, but I can assure you if I get you behind me you aren't getting back around. So I'd pick someone small/short or bet money that I can muster up the athleticism to get by Dudley and under the rim (as Rick Pitino calls it put him in jail). If you have both hands around the basket and a few different finishes (especially putting English on the ball) you can score on anybody if you get them there or make them foul you trying to block you.

Back down dribble shoulder in chest (borderline offensive foul, depends on how yall play, those NYC Nters think it is), spin/half spin finish opposite hand finish

Last edited:
We are just assuming he is slow, which compared to us normies of course, is laughable. I remember when Fat z Perkins was in OKC, and after a loss in Denver he ran on the treadmill for 2 hours straight after the game. So it's a different scale, which is why I made this thread. Funny to dream though

Back
Top Bottom