My NT Ballers, Given 10 Tries, Could You Score on Andre Iguodala 1 on 1?

I just remember the Brian Scalabrine video from last year when he was going up against regular Joe's.

Yall hyping up your own skill while underestimating how good these guys are.

I'm certain I could.

I bet I could score on James Harden
I'm sure NT as a whole can't score on a NBA player.

Speak for yourself b. I aint one to back down from anybody so I'm goin at whoever and gon make it my business to get buckets. Some of the dudes in the league shouldn't be there but since they live in the right neighborhood, got recruited to the right college and that system helped em, they essentially get drafted.

:lol: :rofl:

WHO?

Last edited:
Dudes in here talking about backing him down. :rofl:

Who are you, Demarcus Cousins? Andre is strong as hell, you're not backing him down.

10 tries? I'd take that challenge and even put a nice wager on it. The way I see it that's 10 jump shots. I'd make at least one of them if not more. This question is clearly directed towards those who are well below average skilled at the game. *shrug*

10 tries? I'd take that challenge and even put a nice wager on it. The way I see it that's 10 jump shots. I'd make at least one of them if not more. This question is clearly directed towards those who are well below average skilled at the game. *shrug*
Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, and Kyrie Irving all in tbe last 2 weeks have struggled to get a bucket on him 1 on 1. In fact, failed consistently not struggled

Kyrie is food on D though so maybe that's where I should have started, or Jose Calderon

:rofl:

You'd get it swatted right back in your face every time, that's if you don't get stripped first.

Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, and Kyrie Irving all in tbe last 2 weeks have struggled to get a bucket on him 1 on 1. In fact, failed consistently not struggled

Kyrie is food on D though so maybe that's where I should have started, or Jose Calderon

They weren't playing 1-on-1 though, that's 5-on-5 and a whole other scenario altogether.

:rofl:

You'd get it swatted right back in your face every time, that's if you don't get stripped first.

Speak for yourself... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Some of y'all really think you could get a shot off vs one of the best defensive players in the league?

Some of y'all really think you could get a shot off vs one of the best defensive players in the league?

Some people in here are extremely, extremely delusional.

The OP said 1-on-1, not 5-on-5 or a pick up game of any sort. It's not about being delusional, it's about playing the odds and more importantly paying attention to the question. I'll take a couple of local highly recruited scholastic athletes with those odds because what you are essentially saying is Andre will defeat the majority of the general population who are not in the NBA 10-0 in a game of Loser's Out 1-on-1. He's one hell of a defender but I don't buy that at all. Sorry but people get scored on in games of 1-on-1... it happens. Like I mentioned, someone with above average basketball skill would figure out a way to get a bucket 1 out of 10 times in a game of 1-on-1.

Last edited:
1 on 1 with 10 tries I'd def get my shot off

However after the 3rd attempt the scouting report would decrease my % of attempts and scoring

You realize 1 on 1 instead of 5 on 5 just decreases your odds even more, right?

1. There's no one to set a pick on him. He's draped all over you and there's nothing you can do about it.

2. He's not sagging off to be in help position on anyone else. 100% of his focus is on you.

I can't believe this is even a serious convo.

1. There's no one to set a pick on him. He's draped all over you and there's nothing you can do about it.

2. He's not sagging off to be in help position on anyone else. 100% of his focus is on you.

Not even... So a defender can "drape" someone 2350 square feet with no help defense without getting off balance of giving up a step even once? Help defense benefits the defender so much more than a screen would a ball handler. Now if the OP would've said you only get two dribbles from the top of the key or something like that then the question would have some teeth. It's the reason why coaches frown upon traditional 1-on-1 basketball. It's pointless. You'll never find yourself with that much space in an actual 5-on-5 game to freely dribble and create a shot. Hell, little Billy could score on his Pops or big Bro if he ran around the court all day dribbling the ball until he found an opening. You're correct about one thing though, I can't believe this is a serious convo.

Last edited:

Not even... So a defender can "drape" someone 2350 square feet with no help defense without getting off balance of giving up a step even once?

If that defender is Andre Iguodala and the other guy is a delusional NT'er, yes.

Dre is picking you off the dribble while you're dribbling around in circles hoping to disorient him then sneak up some garbage Jamison layup. You can have as many dribbles as you want. At some point you have to shoot and i just don't see how using the whole court is going to help you get the space to do so

Wait I forgot, isn't Andre Iguodala on NT? Someone send him this thread

Last edited:

Not even... So a defender can "drape" someone 2350 square feet with no help defense without getting off balance of giving up a step even once?

If that defender is Andre Iguodala and the other guy is a delusional NT'er, yes.

If all NT'er's are non-athletic basketball deficient slobs then I agree.

50inchvert sounding like 10inchvert

Nah I just don't hold professional athletes in a high regard when logic is involved. Unless dude got a Mr. Fantantisc/Dhalsim wingspan no way is he going to an inner-city rec center and shutting out everybody in the gym 10-0 in a game of 1-on-1. They are great at what they do but they aren't superhuman to the point of doing the impossible. There is much more parity between professional athletes and athletes tiered a couple of levels beneath them than y'all might believe.

Last edited:
6'11 wingspan, 8'9.5 standing reach is pretty impressive. That's as of the predraft combine, who knows if he has grown any

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom