My NT Ballers, Given 10 Tries, Could You Score on Andre Iguodala 1 on 1?

None of us can even score on Brian Scalabrine

Boston radio did 1 on 1 games...I think to 11 with locals v Scal. people scored but Scal washed everyone.

if you told Scal not to allow a single bucket though, not sure how they would have done

I think the correct answer is somewhere in between. While some may be quite a bit overconfident asssuming they could just get a bucket, let's not act like heis perfect also or that it is impossible for anyone other than NBA players to score, or to score on guys bigger or more athletic than you. As someone who was a premier type run/jump/agile athlete and experience a rapid and early regression of that (long story short went from living in the gym to almost entirely sedentary), I could relate. Or hell look at someone like Andre Miller or Zach Randolph are 2 good examples. It's just smart play right, pump fakes here, step throughs, footwork, hesos, push-offs, gets you on his hip, gets you under the basket and goes to the other side, and he can't even shoot (and his release is slow)!

Andre, like every other player in the world, is still prone to bad gambling on d, over reacting to a fake or hesi, reaching when he thinks he has a steal opportunity and not getting it, leaving his feet, etc.

Hypothetically, if I would detail how I think you could do it here it goes. Reading it isn't enough, pick up a ball as you read it and mimmick it so you can feel me.

Check ball. Catch the ball with both feet on the ground and this is important because it allows you to pick either foot as your pivot (i.e don't step into the catch of the checkball). I'm assuming he is playing you straight up as he doesn't know if you are right or left handed or which way you prefer to go. \ Get low into your triple threat, ball tucked and protected on your left hip with both hands on it. Rip through low and tight and take off right. You want to stay as middle as possible, obviously he's going to be cutting you off forcing you at more of an angle, look to get to that bottom block or so and come to a jump stop then kill your dribble picking it up with both hands bringing it over your head like you're going up, he'll jump, athletic dudes always jump, he'll go flying towards out of bounds under the basket, bring that back right foot over your left foot and lay it in, probably in front of the rim or on theother side, might even have to extend to the left hand if he doesn't fully jump and tries to recover so the basket again offering you extra protection. If the move works but you miss the shot, come up with something else because I'm sure he takes the mental note, "I am 6'7 with a 6'11 wingspan, I don't need to leave my feet," and doesn't make that mistake again in your round of 10 tries.

Also, as a counter, same move but going left might even be better, again keeps your body between him and the ball. Instead of a jump stop, around the 2nd or 1st block you come to more of a 1-2 (right then left) and bring the ball up as if you're about to shoot, he should jump and he'll have to jump in front and across you because of the angle (or even better tries to getyou from behind), step through on that left while sweeping through low into a step through kind of push shot, maybe he's still on your back and you can jump forward and extend with a finger roll/scoop underhand extending the space by using your body between you 2, if he doesn't jump you might have to use a pivot series, if you're nice with the footwork you can come all the way back around 360 into a hook (Zach Randolph)

I'm assuming you have a good enough handle to go either way and have a spin move and a half spin (shoulder into you protect the ball) type move for when guys reach. Maybe you get lucky there and he lunges one way and you can even spin off.

If you can shoot in non ideal situations (i.e off a jab step, standing still and looking and just pull the ball into your shooting pocket while going up with it), of course you could take your chance just pulling right off top.

After that, I' d recommend a hesi especially if you're calling your own calls because he won't call carry/double (just like the league never calls on Steph), you know the bring your non dribbling hand towards the ball like you're picking it up into a shot then when the defender reacts just continue dribbling, usually leet the ball rest or hang in that hand (which is technically a violation itself if the ball is allowed to come to rest or stop spinning in your hand but again nobody calls)

Topic was a joke, but we SO have to make this happen somehow even if it's a different NBA player.

He like most nba players in this situation wouldn't try n just half *** it. You could catch him off guard and score once before he'd try

Iggy makes the second best player in the league look pedestrian. Some of y'all got some god level confidence I respect it but iggy would put the heavy duty clamps on everyone in here.

He could be like **** the $1000 I was going to give it to charity anyway.

How many buckets are you getting off of CP3, wall, and lillard? Some average height dudes in the league.

Iggy makes the second best player in the league look pedestrian. Some of y'all got some god level confidence I respect it but iggy would put the heavy duty clamps on everyone in here.
Right!

The whole iggy is not going to know which direction you will go once the ball is checked. This dude is in the NBA it doesn't matter you're getting locked down or blocked.

We're being hypothetical so we could assume he's playing for his life. He gives up a basket, he dies. If we score, we get all his assets. Stakes at a max, he has to play for the whole time the amusement park is open with a lunch break.

He gon be shook with the risk involved, that plus playing hundreds of dudes all day, we might get a chance at closing hour. Otherwise it's not looking good, light work for him

But you know he has a crazy ego and never trying to lose, or lose money. He damn near loses it on the court when KD scores on him, he ain;t about to let some nonameassdude score on him AND have to pay him further admitting defeat.

As for the normal height guys, if you're good enough to have played college ball or even routinely play with the college level and above dudes and don't get run off the court and told to not come back/go play on the "small" court, you can get a bucket on them IMO especially the average/below height, average/below wingspan, average/below athleticism kats like Barea. I'd put my whole life savings even in my current state on getting a bucket on Barea, BBQ chicken in the post dawg, and I love BBQ chicken. Just stay tight with the handle and body in between you and him, body/shouldering him back into position, opposite hand jump or baby hook/finger roll, whatever; even 1 or 2 dribble pullup to the elbow. If he reaches and slaps your first one away, you know, exact same move, hesi there into a windmill dribble (heard it called that before don't know the real name), 2 steps you're at the rim. Dame sucks on D but is athletic so if he wanted probably jumps and recovers quickly, even CP3 I have seen dunk with 2 hands with ease but he's slow with it. I still think Barea is your best bet, 5'10 with a 5'10 wingspan. Other terrible defending pgs like Russ and Reggie Jackson are 6'9 and 7ft + with wingspan and athletic, just lazy on D. Andre Miller might be a good choice to. Or if you want a washed big you can probably completely blow by and get to the rim or is going to play way off you pick Kendrick Perkins or Nazr Mohameed or Dirk Nowitzki.

Last edited:
I scored on Peyton Siva and Adam Morrison in high school. i would pick Morrison though :lol:

My dad played pro ball overseas and was giving pros Dell Curry and David Robinson buckets I can easily give him buckets right now so prolly 3/10 against iggy

I literally don't think either LeBron or Kd is shooting much more than 30% against him

Honestly it depends on how much effort Iggy is putting in on defense. If he is going at me at 100% then obviously not one shot at all. If he is defending at 50% and under I know I can at least score one hopefully, maybe, probably not but there's a slim chance I can score 1.

Honestly it depends on how much effort Iggy is putting in on defense. If he is going at me at 100% then obviously not one shot at all. If he is defending at 50% and under I know I can at least score one hopefully, maybe, probably not but there's a slim chance I can score 1.

i think the whole point is you're both trying 100% :lol:

I'm 6"5, played Varsity in High School, still in pretty good shape and play regularly. My jumper is probably the best piece of my game.

It's concievable that I could get something off and get a bucket.

I'm 6"5, played Varsity in High School, still in pretty good shape and play regularly. My jumper is probably the best piece of my game.

It's concievable that I could get something off and get a bucket.

True, because contrary to popular belief in this thread no one blocks a jump shot 100% of time and no one strips a good ball handler 100% of the time. It just defies basketball logic, I don't care how great of a defender you are. If you have a decent size up game you can create the space necessary to get a shot up or set up penetration on an over commit. People stating that a person, no what caliber they are, wouldn't even get a shot up is just an asinine claim.

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]It's concievable that I could get something off and get a bucket[/COLOR]

True, because contrary to popular belief in this thread no one blocks a jump shot 100% of the time and no one strips a good ball handler 100% of the time. It just defies basketball logic, I don't care how great of a defender you are. If you have a decent size up game you can create the space necessary to get a shot up or set up penetration on an over commit. People stating that a person, no matter what caliber they are, wouldn't even get a shot up is just an asinine claim.

Last edited:
What's your move though? Try to shoot it quickly right off the check, quick blow by if he's kind of not completely in his stance yet and upright when he gives you the ball back, got a good crossover pullup combo, slow hesi into quick release j?

Back
Top Bottom