My Opinion After 2008

If you look at next years releases, you would think wow, what a great year of releases, probably the best year of releases. But if you look after that, all most people see is garbage releases with everything but the retroes releasing. Most people on here think that the brand hasn't made a lot if not any good non-retro shoes. In my opinion, there has been a lot of good if not great releases that weren't retroes. The B'Loyals, Rising Stars, Ol' Skools, and 9.5's and the upcoming 12.5's (Based on retroes but titled as team jordans). Just because they don't sell out within a day, doesn't mean they're not getting purchased. Team Jordans are the most popular basketball shoes besides Nikes releases. Some of them even look like some of the retroes. Examples:

B'Loyal - Retro 6-7 look with the clear sole, air pack, and the shape.

Rising Stars - Retro 10-11 look with the way the laces are laced, and some other little tiny details.

Ol' Skools - Retro 2 look with the shape and the color placement.

9.5 and 12.5 - Obvious...

Most of you think that the brand will just fall after 2008 and won't be like what it used to be before 2008. So my point is that the retroes aren't the only good looking shoes that JB makes and the fact that the brand won't do as well without the retro releases, but they will do better than most people expect and well enough to keep the brand going and will come up with ideas to make us buy some non-retro shoes in some way. That's just my opinion but if you have a different opinion feel free to share it.
Sneakers are meant to be worn not stored.

My opinion is that Jordan Brand will continue to remain dominant however they decide to do that... Good point on how team Jordan shoes are top sellers.

10 and half in my Air Force One, gimme 2 purr- Murphy Lee

OG NT member since March 15th 2001 with enough grapefruit to use government

well said, good point jumpshot. i agree with all your points
Team Pacific Northwest​

Quote:
If you look at next years releases, you would think wow, what a great year of releases, probably the best year of releases.
"2002/2003 - The Last Year Brand Jordan actually used "real leather" on their products."-BabyJordan0312​
Team Disgruntled​

The team jordans are definatley selling.....but to who?
As a loyal JB customer for years, I have never once purchased a team jordan.
Why would I ever purchase some look-alike garbage when i can get the newest retro sig shoe?
Once the retro's and sig's die down, I'm sure we're gonna see a decline in JB's popularity.

The World Is Mine

I had 9.5's that was like my only team jordan's but for me i dont count em as team jordan for me but its true team jordans is nice but id ont buy them

Quote:
My opinion is, you have to start to stop starting a stupid thread
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

FT my sz10.5 grapes 4 your sz 9 Holla!!

JB has long established itself by brand recognition.
This means that whether it's the flagship sig Jordan, or the economically priced (high quality) Team Jordan...it's going to sell due to the fact that the Jumpman logo is on the shoe.
To the new gen and their parents, a Jordan is a Jordan no matter what the price point.
Also JB strategically allocates their shoes in different demographics. Many areas only receive the Team Jordans making those shoes the great sellers in those areas.
FS: 1999 Jordan BRED IV 10, Jordan Military IV DS 10.5

todays team jordan shoe is tommorrows retro shoe.
>>>MAYJUH
TEAMMARVEL​

GO BUY SOME GEAR!
Karmaloop Rep code:SZ5638 20% off!

^ No
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

Quote:
The team jordans are definatley selling.....but to who?As a loyal JB customer for years, I have never once purchased a team jordan.
Why would I ever purchase some look-alike garbage when i can get the newest retro sig shoe?
Once the retro's and sig's die down, I'm sure we're gonna see a decline in JB's popularity.
....and I Stays around J's like I's and K's

As far as I can remember, the only team sneaker I bought was the jumpman pro. And thats only because I thought it was the new jordans.
MIAMI HEAT

"A sneakerhead could buy sneakers from sun up to sun down and his/her collection may never be complete".

Whats jordans ? ? ? ^^^^^^
--TEAM STOP SNITCHIN--OG MEMBER #1--

I gotta shoe fettish I be in shoe city every week fifty pairs of new nike airs aint cheap..

I'm curious to see how JB does without retros, most likely very well.

TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​
TEAM L.A. KINGS

this is exactly why they are going to stop making so many retros. they cannot live off their past releases forever, it seems that as long as there are retros there is a group of people that will just ignore the team jordans. they realise that if they want to do well in the long run it would be prudent to focus on their actual new products. so they are going to cut off the retros for a while, this will hopefully do two things. First they will have more people working on making new innovative HQ team shoes, there are already some really nice ones on the horizon IMO. Second people that ignore the team shoes and go only for the numbered air jordans might take a look at the team shoes since theres no new retros to buy. Then when they start making retros again in a few years people will be more open to the team like as well and jordan brand will take over the universe.

on the other hand maybe none of that will work out and theyll just start making retros again right away and make millions.

either way im sure they'll do fine.

the bottom line is this, very simple: if they don't either continue to make retros OR step their game up on the sig line, then JB is DONE. IMO team J's are WACK & a disgrace (well at least the VAST majority of them. Where I'm from (Baltimore), the only cats who rock team J's are either the cats who can't afford the real J's, little kids, or the cats who just have NO STYLE sense. Not tryna flame anyone who likes the team line (I know the world is bigger than Baltimore), but here you're automatically percieved as a LAME for wearing team J's. The chicks here will definitely give u the :lol:
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

i think JB will continue to make retros and team jordans after '08 they might just take a break from the retros for a while and come back like mj did.

My opinion is the decline of Jordans started with Jordan Brand and team Jordan shoes about the time the XIV I think came out.

i just saw the full line up of jordan stuff and it looked coo at first but the more i looked at them i felt like thowin up!

fake colorways>team jordan
smh.gif

Quote:
As a loyal JB customer for years, I have never once purchased a team jordan.

( ( ...team finishline... ) )
F/S: SIZE 10.5 DMPs DEADSTOCK & ICEY!!! $700 OBO

good points but do we really need another "08" or "after 08" posts?
"When I come Back Like Jordan
wearing the 4 5..."
-Jay-Z

Back
Top Bottom