My Second Music Video - Tried something original based on your feedback

Was good NT, just released my second music video.  I took in a lot of the feedback i got from you guys on my first one, in terms oforiginality, etc. So I got with the music group I work with and they built a script from scratch. I directed, shot, edited and produced it. I ordered an NT shirt for the shoot, but didn't receive until 1 week after. Got it for next time though
wink.gif
. Anyways, please check out the vid and let me know what you think. Any and all feedback welcome. If someone can embed the video, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks ya'll!
happy.gif

BTW, I got my old SN back. My other one is RuleOfThirds.

There should be a girl dancing in every scene/shot. The girl in white is nice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! 
happy.gif

Oh you thought you was going to get away with no harsh words?
indifferent.gif

Pure basura, give up the rap career G! Just leave it to the professionals
grin.gif

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Nah it was straight lol [/color]

Spoiler [+]
highlight above
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! 
happy.gif

Oh you thought you was going to get away with no harsh words?
indifferent.gif

Pure basura, give up the rap career G! Just leave it to the professionals
grin.gif

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Nah it was straight lol [/color]

Spoiler [+]
highlight above
laugh.gif
Don't know the reason for the stoneface, thanks for the feedback 
happy.gif

Very nice Ragin. I am a film major at SJSU and do work in film also. Still learning, but your work definitely shows good aesthetic shots overall. I love some of the tracking shots with Genevieve blurred. Also, did you use a crane for the shot with the cars? I actually could hear this song on the radio...not a bad song at all...More use of slo-mo shots would've been good, but the edits fit the music video perfectly. I also do agree with the 2nd rapper. It didn't look right, but the other two were good.

I'm curious. What's your camera setup and how many people did you have working in the crew?

And it looks like this is in Daly City too. I'm from here too. Let me know if you guys need help with future work. I'd be more than happy to get some experience. Other than that, great job brotha! I know how much hard work it is!

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

Very nice Ragin. I am a film major at SJSU and do work in film also. Still learning, but your work definitely shows good aesthetic shots overall. I love some of the tracking shots with Genevieve blurred. Also, did you use a crane for the shot with the cars? I actually could hear this song on the radio...not a bad song at all...More use of slo-mo shots would've been good, but the edits fit the music video perfectly. I also do agree with the 2nd rapper. It didn't look right, but the other two were good.

I'm curious. What's your camera setup and how many people did you have working in the crew?

And it looks like this is in Daly City too. I'm from here too. Let me know if you guys need help with future work. I'd be more than happy to get some experience. Other than that, great job brotha! I know how much hard work it is!
Thanks Retrosniipes, I appreciate the CC.  I'm surprised you recognized Genevieve hehe...your the first so far.  Yup, I used a Crane Jib on the opening scene of the parking lot and at the bar.  I also used a a track and dolly on the part where dude is rappin to Geneveive.  I agree with the slomos I should have done the acting and candids with it, didn't notice til after.  Yup, this was shot in DC at the top of the hill at Mink. The parking lot was right across the street.  Here's the setup I used for this video:

Body:  Canon 5D mark II
Lenses:  50mm F1.4, 24-105mm F4 L IS, 70-200 F4 L IS
Audio:  External recording to Zoom H4N synced with clapper slate and on camera audio
Equip:  10' Jib Crane, Track and Dolly and table top slider
Crew:   5 people helping with lights etc.

Add me on twitter or on facebook dgatan@comcast.net, you can definitely come out and tag along.  Thanks again for all the feedback!
happy.gif

yo man, u got skillz kid, i guess everyone gotta get their start somewhere but quickly broaden ur horizon and start directing vids for artists
with talent!

Originally Posted by true1life

yo man, u got skillz kid, i guess everyone gotta get their start somewhere but quickly broaden ur horizon and start directing vids for artists
with talent!

Thanks true, I hear ya man...I got other artists lined up for the next project!  But you're right, gotta start some where 
happy.gif

I like the video, not so much the song. Keep doing your thing tho.....I like to see fellow NTers shine. Cause when they shine, I shine....sorta.

Back
Top Bottom