My theory on why Nike retros aren't as comfy

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by Mario1985

Maybe if Nike made the shoes here in the USA, and not some sweatshop we would get that good made in America quality... Also the customers let them get away with cheap material and uncomfortable shoes... If we stop buying then maybe they'll increase the quality?
Stop it. Re-read your statement and think about cost of production for clothing in the US. We'll be paying $400 for sneakers.

This is NOT TRUE at all. You have to think about economies of scale. Yes, it would cost a lot more to produce a White/White AF1 in the US as it is a mass produced shoe, however a limited production shoe could be done locally. New Balance does it for some of their limited issue sneakers, and they don't charge $400.

USA-made NB’s, depending on the shoe, are made with domestic and foreign materials. This keeps an even balance between quality and affordability....Nike has absolutely no reason to shift production to the US because it's cheaper to produce overseas while keeping the price points low and thus retaining their high market share while staying low priced relative to it's competitors.

Really appreciate everyone's input. I think it wouldnt matter what country shoes are made in, the materials would always remain the same. It would just cost more to produce

i've been using the retros for ballin (almost 2 years now) but not the whole time. lately i've been using the lebron 9 from my rotation of air max 97, pippen 1, etc and other retros. it's a sad fact that these retros were not given a proper comeback for us who saw nike's golden era of sneakers. nowadays they make use of all these technologies that make us think that we can play better. some of us like to use retros for chillin and bringing back memories (or frustration pairs for me)

i'd like to be seen playing in retros rather than using them to break necks. i'd like them to be more than eye candy but sadly their quality puts them in the aesthetically pleasing category than OG performance. don't get me wrong, nike's new technology works most of the time but as consumers i think we only get a piece of the pie. OGs gave us the whole enchilada plus a bag of chips

as much as i want to think that retros are still as comfy as before, they really aren't. i just tend to think that because simply put i miss them.

evolution played a big part in the shoe game. my only wish is that nike let the past be as glorious as they were.

The quality of Jordans nowadays is the reason why I will be retiring soon. I have only 3 shoes left to cop and I want to call it quits. The Concords, Cements, and Red Foams. Yes, the quality of retros cannot match with the quality of the OG's. JB is making RIDICULOUS money. We all hear the complaints of quality and workmanship of the shoes, but how quickly does the shoes sell out? How many people lined up for the Space Jams and inevitably the Concords? JB is going to keep doing what it's doing because their sales are climbing at record profits. If you want a great basketball shoe to play in, I'd suggest the Hyperfuse, LeBron IX's, or Rose's adiZERO. JB is just for looks.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by datboi81

Originally Posted by Mario1985

Maybe if Nike made the shoes here in the USA, and not some sweatshop we would get that good made in America quality... Also the customers let them get away with cheap material and uncomfortable shoes... If we stop buying then maybe they'll increase the quality?

yeah man i completely agree/wish people would do that, but a lot of my friends and people i know (just like most ya'll) are just beasts and don't care. Can't tell you how many times I've talked to people and they've been like "I don't care if it hurts my feet, It's the *insert any overhyped nike/jb retro* I gotta cop!"
indifferent.gif
 it's really become a game of "look at what i have on" instead of "man these shoes are great comfort and lookwise" really sad and i'm not even one of these "OG" heads that had everything when i was kid, since i just got into kicks around '04, but I've always tried to be a smart consumer
That's American culture no? It's also a stupid way to think, but that's the "celebrity" culture we live in. It's so sad.

Agreed on consumers buying #$^% regardless of quality.

Back
Top Bottom