embarassed.gif
frown.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

This Sucks because these shoes were perfectly broken in...they felt great to hoop in.

I hooped in these indoor about 3 days a week 3-5 hours a day... Would these warrant a Voucher?

I don't see why they wouldn't give you a voucher for those, they are supposed to hold up while you playing ball

I would think you'd get a voucher. That looks like a manufacturing defect. The shoe is coming apart in a place where it shouldn't.

how did that even happen? looks like you cut it with a knife.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

how did that even happen? looks like you cut it with a knife.

Honestly, I don't even know. I hooped in them yesterday for a few hours and I didn't even notice they were ripped open...I'm guessing that's when it happened... The performance was still there, they felt normal. Then I went to work out this morning, got to the Free-weight rack, reached down for the 25lbs weights....and BAM! I noticed the big gash in the midsole...My first reaction was like "
grin.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
"... Then I went to my trunk and got my foams...

" -Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration."

You think Nike will deny my claim because of this? ... "Excessive wear" is a pretty subjective term... All I did was hoop in the shoe...It hasn't even been a year, The Soles still have good traction.

Fake. Look like you accidentally hit something sharp and damage it or unless you weight 300 lbs + and play like Lebron

Fake?... I know I didn't hit anything sharp...i'm 6'1, 195lbs...and I don't play like Lebron, lol...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

You think Nike will deny my claim because of this? ... "Excessive wear" is a pretty subjective term... All I did was hoop in the shoe...It hasn't even been a year, The Soles still have good traction.

Typically, for basketball shoes if you used them for a few hours 5 days a week, 6 months is how long until you change up to another shoe. Especially with these "light" shoes (kobe 4-6s, crazy lights, hyperdunks). They have less durability with their materials so they are more easily to tear or rip compared to something else with a more solid materials.

IMO, I believe those would count as excessive wear. It doesn't matter if you had them for 2 months or 2 years. It all depends on how much and how you use them.

Originally Posted by aFamous

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Typically, for basketball shoes if you used them for a few hours 5 days a week, 6 months is how long until you change up to another shoe. Especially with these "light" shoes (kobe 4-6s, crazy lights, hyperdunks). They have less durability with their materials so they are more easily to tear or rip compared to something else with a more solid materials.

IMO, I believe those would count as excessive wear. It doesn't matter if you had them for 2 months or 2 years. It all depends on how much and how you use them.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...Im gonna call Tomorrow.

you def will get a voucher. just be sure to explain everything and your normal wear in them. should have no problem

You should get a voucher man. That should not happen to a high priced performance shoe. Good thing my kobe V's are still going strong. Although there's a small rip at the side though.

I called and they were closed for the holiday, so I made a claim online and got issued a claim number, Ill be shipping the Shoes out tomorrow... Ill keep you guys updated...If you care
laugh.gif

hit up www.nikebiz.com follow instructions. calling them will do nothing cause they'll tell you what i just wrote. don't listen to ppl on here who think they know the decision nike will make. the worst they can say is NO and send your shoes back to you

Originally Posted by shaqrules

hit up www.nikebiz.com follow instructions. calling them will do nothing cause they'll tell you what i just wrote. don't listen to ppl on here who think they know the decision nike will make. the worst they can say is NO and send your shoes back to you

I made a claim and got a claim number.... I chose the "Reuse a shoe" program option...so most likely Nike will recycle the shoes, Voucher or not...I have no use for them...

calling them will do nothing. might as well just send them in, you arent gonna do anything with them being ripped. if they deny your claim then who cares.

good luck man. I just filed with nike last month and still haven't received anything. it's for my kobe v
with a weird stitch that results in a weird bend that hurts my toes. I thought I was getting something
for it or at the very least a new zk5. oh well.

i usually go back to the store where i bought them and they let u exchange it.

cuz thats what they told me when i called nike.

my joker Vs had a tear and they gave me the POP Vs.

You will definitely get a voucher... I've sent back some shoes I wore for ball even more than you played in those.

Can't wait to get my voucher for the Kobe V I'm sending back, second time I've had a pair where the sole has busted away from the midsole :/
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom