Mysterious Disappearance of the McStay Family

When I think of motive, Joseph Mcstay's business partner comes to mind. I have to wonder what their relationship was like. With the entire Mcstay family gone, he has gained complete control of the business and it's worth. He was the last to see Joseph Mcstay alive and if he really wanted him gone he could have easily set him up by arranging him to meet with a "potential" business associate in Mexico.

You don't need passports to enter the US on foot from Mexico so all this talk about them entering Mexico with the intent of not returning to the US isn't necessarily right, if that is them in the video.

This seems like a plausible theory, but then how do you explain them basically "evacuating" in such a rush? That's what keeps getting me; anytime I think I have a theory something sticks out as not making any sense. The pieces just don't fit together in this story.

maybe they were supposed to meet someone and got killed? they left in a rush but werent thinking they would be gone longer than an hour?

maybe they were supposed to meet someone and got killed? they left in a rush but werent thinking they would be gone longer than an hour?
The thing that gets me with them being set up is why would the whole family have to go in such a rush, and if they were going to "meet" someone they would have brought their passports for when they come back.
Another scenario could be that the family that kidnapped/killed them went immediately to the mcstay's house and set up the place to look like everything was just suddenly left behind, but I would think detectives would have figured something out

IMO they left in a rush because either they had to meet someone in mexico asap, or something (Maybe the mom was doing something on the side business wise, or affair wise, or something) happened that forced the moms to have to be out of the house and get to Mexico asap for the safety of the family.

That would explain why they left in the fashion they did, leaving the car, (didn't want the people after them to find them via their car) not having sitters for the dog, etc.

My mom's theory on what happened :lol:

"I think they just up and left. They got in too deep with some type of mess and they had to leave in a very timely manner before they all were dead. It would explain why summer left her precious dogs unattended, and she has experience with changing her name, so they probably all have new names. They knew they would have to leave and figured that if they got across the border they would be okay. They left the car so no one would be able to trace them. Same reason why they haven't touched their bank accounts. They probably had a lot of cash that they are using to survive. I also think somebody else, whether it be family, the business parter, somebody knows about their whereabouts and were told not to say anything because if they did and they were found, they would be killed.

Or they may be dead by now"

Interesting. I can definitely see this happening. :nerd:

speaking of creepy disappearing what ever happen to the elisa lam case?

Last edited:
My mom's theory on what happened :lol:

"I think they just up and left. They got in too deep with some type of mess and they had to leave in a very timely manner before they all were dead. It would explain why summer left her precious dogs unattended, and she has experience with changing her name, so they probably all have new names. They knew they would have to leave and figured that if they got across the border they would be okay. They left the car so no one would be able to trace them. Same reason why they haven't touched their bank accounts. They probably had a lot of cash that they are using to survive. I also think somebody else, whether it be family, the business parter, somebody knows about their whereabouts and were told not to say anything because if they did and they were found, they would be killed.

Or they may be dead by now"

Interesting. I can definitely see this happening. :nerd:

very possible but then again, the hell do we know? :lol:

i hope they find them

^^

tired.gif
 man, I wonder what lead to this.  The way they left just seemed so ordinary

That's cray. Is still ok to say cray?

RIP to them. How are they going to find out why they were killed though.

Not that I would EVER do it, but sometimes I wonder if I could get away with doing something like this. Does anyone else ever ponder these scenarios? Forget the act itself, which is unspeakably awful, but just exploring the framework of pulling off something like this. I liked Breaking Bad too much.

Thought about it, my conscience wouldn't let me live it down, I already think too much tryna get a girl #. :lol:

But RIP to them, 1st time I've heard of this story and thread.

Back
Top Bottom