N.J. authorities confiscate 15K pairs of fake Nike sneakers

It just seems that whenever these stories comes out that the world is a little more a better place
smile.gif

There must be an NT'er working in the port, or else how would they know that they are counterfeit?

Also, how do they put value on fakes?

That's $67 a shoe. If nikes have a wholesale value of $50....

That's kind of a reach. The shoes probably do sell for $60 a pair, but c'mon.

maybe the state of new jersey could put them on ebay as "limited edition variants".
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

so what do they do with all those shoes...?

ought to send em to haiti or something.  seriously.  i'm sure they're #%@+ shoes, but they could be very valuable to some people

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

busts of this size can be made every week

This is the truth. If the authorities really made this their focus, they could really make a dent in the profits being made from fake shoes.

Cool, at least less folks getting duped into buying fakes. I wonder though how much of an "impact" this really has, as the place they came from is likely still cranking these fakes out.

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

I wonder though how much of an "impact" this really has, as the place they came from is likely still cranking these fakes out.
Minimal impact on the grand scale -- but it makes the government feel good about itself.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

I wonder though how much of an "impact" this really has, as the place they came from is likely still cranking these fakes out.
Minimal impact on the grand scale -- but it makes the government feel good about itself.
eyes.gif

how true how true........still a job well done but very far from stopping the distribution of fakes altogether.

It's a cat and mouse game unfortunately... They're always 3 steps ahead... I feel no sorrow for a person who rips off others!

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

eyes.gif
did somebody say War on Drugs ??!!
wink.gif
n/m, just sounded familiar...

Back
Top Bottom