Name me one better WR than Andre Johnson.

yawn.

I'LL ALWAYS ROLL WITH RANDY.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Grimey

If Boldin was on another team or didn't have Larry, he would get a lot more mentions..
QFT!!!!!

I was saying Dre was the best in the NFL even when Fitz was killing in the postseason last year

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Steve Smith, yes, still.

This is the funniest one of all the replies.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

whats so funny?

Steve Smith is like that dude in Jerry McGuire tryna get his contract.
laugh.gif

I like Smith, dude is tough as nails, but he isn't the top reciever in the game over Andre Johnson. Not close either. I like him, and respect him, and Icertainly understand he doesn't get numbers because of a scrub garbage QB, but if they were sittin on the free agent market askin for the same money, Drewould go first to each and every team in the league and you know it.

but if they were sittin on the free agent market askin for the same money
well, yeah...age and perception due to #'s.

I do not believe his skills and athletic ability have deteriorated that much in 4 months to go from being in the convo, if not #1...to not being in it anymore.

I like Smith, dude is tough as nails, but he isn't the top reciever in the game over Andre Johnson. Not close either. I like him, and respect him, and I certainly understand he doesn't get numbers because of a scrub garbage QB, but if they were sittin on the free agent market askin for the same money, Dre would go first to each and every team in the league and you know it.

your an idiot

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Steve Smith is "not close" to being the best WR in the League?

Dre, Fitz, Randy, Calvin, your boy Marshall and maybe Boldin or Wayne all are ahead of Smith imo.

That puts Smith top 7-10, but not #1.

I like Smith, dude is tough as nails, but he isn't the top reciever in the game over Andre Johnson. Not close either. I like him, and respect him, and I certainly understand he doesn't get numbers because of a scrub garbage QB, but if they were sittin on the free agent market askin for the same money, Dre would go first to each and every team in the league and you know it.

your an idiot

You do know I am talking about Dre and Smith, not just Dre in general right? Dre would go first over Smith, but not first in the whole league or anything.

your an idiot

ridhc1.gif

Without really thinking about it, Steve Smith aint better than AJ... Nor Fitz, Boldin, Moss, or Marshall

Brandon Marshall's not my boy. He's just as good if not better than Andre Johnson.
Calvin Johnson does not belong in the conversation yet.

He's a beast and my favorite WR but Steve Smith is head and shoulders better than him.

and the difference between Smitty and any other WR you can name is miniscule at best

Allen and Dre, aren't you two comparing Tate and Welker and Smith as similar types in the McShay thread, but now in here I'm supposed to be ok withSmith is the best WR in the game? So Welker and Tate have that kinda shot too then huh?

I understand you aren't truly saying they are his equal, I'm merely pointing out that you use them as his comparisons. Safe to say Welker and Tatedon't match up well with Andre or Randy or Larry do they?

Allen and Dre, aren't you two comparing Tate and Welker and Smith as similar types in the McShay thread, but now in here I'm supposed to be ok with Smith is the best WR in the game? So Welker and Tate have that kinda shot too then huh?
?

I said Tate could do what Welker does in the slot.

Nobody was drawing parallels between Smith and Welker.

Golden Tate can be viewed as a Steve Smith - lite with his play making and catching bombs.

Allen and Dre, aren't you two comparing Tate and Welker and Smith as similar types in the McShay thread, but now in here I'm supposed to be ok with Smith is the best WR in the game? So Welker and Tate have that kinda shot too then huh?
?

I said Tate could do what Welker does in the slot.

Nobody was drawing parallels between Smith and Welker.

Golden Tate can be viewed as a Steve Smith - lite with his play making and catching bombs.

This is what I was talkin about.......

dreClark wrote:

He's gonna get the Smitty comparisons.
Wes Welker on steroids in the right fit.

Just as I start to somewhat see the Smitty %*@+ you've been harping on for 2 years in reference to Golden, you switch to Wes Welker.

Wes has superior quickness and routes tho

For him not to be some athletic beast, Tate runs some ugly routes. He just makes up for them w/ his sick hands

So you used to say Tate was like Smith, and now have come down a bit to Welker? I got'ya.

Like I said, no disrespect to Smith, but I don't think of him at all as a top WR. Isn't he basically a faster/quicker version of Hines? Nobody gonnaput Ward up near the top.
ohwell.gif

Ask this question a few weeks ago and people would be singing a different tune....

Less than a year ago Fitz was the run-away winner.

The top 5ish WRs are all interchangeable from week to week.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Isn't he basically a faster/quicker version of Hines?
Wait, what?

Not at all.

Both are better then average blockers, both have good hands, run over the middle, tough and fearless, Smith is just much quicker and faster then Ward, plusSmith will go up and get the ball better then Hines does, I know Hines sticks closer to the ground.
laugh.gif
Hines runs good routes, same as Smith, though maybe they run different kind ofroutes, which again is becasue Hines doesn't have the speed to run the ones that Smith does.

Back
Top Bottom