Name me one better WR than Andre Johnson.

Ya and then I said to dre, not a match athletic/skill wise.

I still think Tate has physical/skill attributes like Smith..

I think he may end up being used in a scheme like Welker is.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Ask this question a few weeks ago and people would be singing a different tune....

Less than a year ago Fitz was the run-away winner.

The top 5ish WRs are all interchangeable from week to week.

QFT

there is no clear cut best WR in the NFL right now

you got times where Drew looks the best

then BMarshall comes out looking like the best

Fitz comes and does the same

then TO and Randy have big games telling everyone dont forget about us

then Smitty,CJ and Wayne have big games

Isn't he basically a faster/quicker version of Hines?
WOW

I never compared Smitty to Wes, or Wes to Smitty.

I did the general College to NFL comparison for Smitty and Tate, because I see some of the things that Allen was talking about.

But I never said Tate would become Smitty. I said I somewhat see it. I.e I see some things, but not all things that would make them equal.

I don't even agree w/ the Welker/Tate direct comparison, as players. But as far as roles in an offense, maybe.

And Allen can attest, when he was making the Smitty/Tate comparisons originally, I didn't see it at all.

laugh.gif
@ Making fun of BigMike's spelling. EVERYONE KNOWS HE CAN'T SPELL FOR *@++.
Both are better then average blockers, both have good hands, run over the middle, tough and fearless, Smith is just much quicker and faster then Ward, plus Smith will go up and get the ball better then Hines does, I know Hines sticks closer to the ground.
laugh.gif
Hines runs good routes, same as Smith, though maybe they run different kind of routes, which again is becasue Hines doesn't have the speed to run the ones that Smith does.
laugh.gif
, those are two MAJOR differences. And Smitty runs better routes and is all together the more dangerous WR. Smitty can do EVERYTHING thatHines does but Hines can only do a part of what Smitty does.

Smitty is def in the convo of best WR in the L.

You just compared a 5'9" speed receiver to a 6'0" possession receiver.
Smith is just much quicker and faster then Ward ... though maybe they run different kind of routes, which again is becasue Hines doesn't have the speed to run the ones that Smith does.
So... they're not the same at all, right?

Running good routes and having good hands are pretty general attributes at the wide receiver position...

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You just compared a 5'9" speed receiver to a 6'0" possession receiver.
Smith is just much quicker and faster then Ward ... though maybe they run different kind of routes, which again is becasue Hines doesn't have the speed to run the ones that Smith does.
So... they're not the same at all, right?

Running good routes and having good hands are pretty general attributes at the wide receiver position...

Ok, but if Ward was faster, they would be pretty much the same guy then. Ward just isn't faster.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
That's all I was sayin about them being similar, he's a faster quicker version.

If Antonio Gates was faster, he'd be Steve Smith.

He's an above-average blocker who runs good routes and has good hands...

CP, just take the L and keep it moving.
laugh.gif

Your boy Mike actually has the best post in this entire thread (along with Durden). There is NO clear cut best WR in the L at the moment.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If Antonio Gates was faster, he'd be Steve Smith.

He's an above-average blocker who runs good routes and has good hands...

laugh.gif
roll.gif

You got me there.
laugh.gif

That's a little more size and speed though. 3 inches isn't, or shouldn't be all that bigga difference I don't think. 6 foot, vs 5'9.

In all seriousness, i think Larry is on top.
Dre is rightttttttt behind him though.

Both of them are beasts.

Moss should no longer be in the discussion.

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
@ Making fun of BigMike's spelling. EVERYONE KNOWS HE CAN'T SPELL FOR *@++.
all I'm saying is, don't go calling somebody an idiot when you can't get elementary homonyms right...

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Dre
Fitzgerald
Smith
Marshall

if i had to order them right now
wow, B. Marsh 4th on the list right now? today? a day after he broke an all-time nfl receiver record? sheesh, what's a guy gotta do to geta little respect? lol. I do agree that the top receivers are pretty much interchangeable given what happens that week. there is no clear cut "bestreceiver " in the nfl. but good lord man the dude caught 21 catches yesterday and he's fourth on your list right now?

Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Larry Fitzgerald are the top 3 wide receivers in the game TODAY and will be for years to come. you can obviously make anargument for Steve Smith and Randy but that is my list right there.

we already know the next tier includes the likes of Wayne, Q, Ocho etc...

but my favorite 3 right now though are Calvin, DeSean and Vincent Jackson...slowly climbing up that ladder

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Robert Meachem since everyone's just throwing out names
laugh.gif

Meachem averages more yards per catch and the same amount of tds as johnson, which says alot considering hes 4th on the depth chart...

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Steve Smith

Yeah, I would take C. Johnson over Smith. Both are in situations where they have to deal with bad QB play, so the perception isn't exactly reality witheither of them. Calvin also has a rare set of skills that will set him up for a great career (he's off to a nice start so far). If put into the samesituation that has great quarterback play, say IND, NO, or NE... you'll see greater production out of Calvin than Smith. I'm convinced of that.

Calvin Johnson is younger obviously as well. I know that shouldn't be a factor in the "right now" part of the debate though.

Originally Posted by JPZx

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Steve Smith

Yeah, I would take C. Johnson over Smith. Both are in situations where they have to deal with bad QB play, so the perception isn't exactly reality with either of them. Calvin also has a rare set of skills that will set him up for a great career (he's off to a nice start so far). If put into the same situation that has great quarterback play, say IND, NO, or NE... you'll see greater production out of Calvin than Smith. I'm convinced of that.

Calvin Johnson is younger obviously as well. I know that shouldn't be a factor in the "right now" part of the debate though.

I can see people thinking Dre is better then Fitz even though i think Fitz is the best. But Moss shouldn't be there anymore. This is only debatable betweenFitz and Dre. Few years ago would be in it, but not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom