Name the classic albums these rappers have?

Thanks for your reply. You're right that all those albums were recognised outside the culture at least to some extent and there is obviously nothing wrong with that. I just think rappers generally fall off when they pander to that mainstream audience which is extremely fickle. Prime example being Jay after he returned from "retirement". Say what you want about Drake, he clearly has his own sound (which has spawned many imitators) and an artistic vision. In fact, I would have So Far Gone as the most influential release of this decade.

Last edited:
How has grodt aged terribly. Lol this is the first thread I've heard that. That **** jams front to back idk what y'all are talking about that's definitely a classic.

Last edited:
Get rich or die trying is a top 10 hip hop album of all time. Y'all can take that "To pimp a butterfly" **** to listening parties with Macklemore

And reps to whoever mentioned Dark Man X. And then there was X to this day gives me chills. Substitute X for Kendrick in the list

Last edited:
GRODT might not even be top 10 album from Queens.

If it is it's #10.

And 50's my dude.

N.O.R.E. aged way better than GRODT

Last edited:
Get rich or die trying is a top 10 hip hop album of all time. Y'all can take that "To pimp a butterfly" **** to listening parties with Macklemore

And reps to whoever mentioned Dark Man X. And then there was X to this day gives me chills. Substitute X for Kendrick in the list

How the **** you put that album in the same sentence as Macklemore? :lol:

You would think they were going to build a monument/statue of Kendrick Lamar the way folks talk about this guy. Acting like TPAB is better than MLK's I Have A Dream speech or equivalent.

His post gave me cancer.

Last edited:
GRODT might not even be top 10 album from Queens.

If it is it's #10.

And 50's my dude.

N.O.R.E. aged way better than GRODT

I play that NORE album all the time still.

GRODT did not age poorly. It's been played out because of how big it was then and a couple years after. I can still play that **** front to back today.

GRODT slander 
mean.gif

DMX "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" along with "Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood." I might be biased but those are the best albums when I was in 6-7th grade. Still have serious replace value to me. Especially the 'IDAHIS" intro that Mike Tyson had. That **** was what I listened to during warmups during basketball games,

I still bump Get Rich Or Die Tryin. It aged good IMO. It was a moment in rap history. Cuz of how downloading has effective music we will never see anticipation like that for a rapper. And it brings back memories from my high school days.

Nas- Illmatic, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes
Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, Watch The Throne
Kanye- All classics ( I don't like Graduation or Yeezus but they're classics in that they ushered/are ushering in new sounds)
Eminem- SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show
Lil Wayne- Carter 3
Kendrick- GKMC, TPAB

After the first year I couldn't play GRODT for years cause I played it out. I just recently (the last 2-3 years) just got into it again

Back
Top Bottom