Nas Reveals Name Of Next Album (2011/2012 Release)

album is sick, i just really wish mary j blige wasnt on the album, nas went in on the track, but it could have done w/o, other than that, its a great album "A Queen's Story" on repeat x3687657858

Reach Out is one of my fav tracks on this album, it sounds like something out of the 90's with that classic feel.

oh my God.. Cherry Wine is amazing, amy winehouse sounds like shes singing right to me

Finally really listened to the album, played it twice. Lyrically he's still got it and has a lot to say. 1-6 are flawless minus the Rick Ross verse. Summer on Smash is COLD! Only problem is a few of the beats. Trust really could have replaced one of these songs. Album is a little too long at 14 tracks. I think 11-13 would have been nice. Not complaining about the bonus tracks because those are just to make more money and were all pretty solid.

Songs I don't like or won't be playing

World's an Addiction (BORING, beat is dead and song could literally put me to sleep)
Back When (for some reason I can't get into it. Sounds like a generic NaS song that I've heard on a few albums)
Stay (it's cool, like what he's saying but the beat is just nonexistent. Another weak *** beat)
Cherry Whine (Beat annoys the hell out of me and Amy Winehouse sounds like she's whining)

Finally really listened to the album, played it twice. Lyrically he's still got it and has a lot to say. 1-6 are flawless minus the Rick Ross verse. Summer on Smash is COLD! Only problem is a few of the beats. Trust really could have replaced one of these songs. Album is a little too long at 14 tracks. I think 11-13 would have been nice. Not complaining about the bonus tracks because those are just to make more money and were all pretty solid.
World's an Addiction (BORING, beat is dead and song could literally put me to sleep)
Back When (for some reason I can't get into it. Sounds like a generic NaS song that I've heard on a few albums)
Stay (it's cool, like what he's saying but the beat is just nonexistent. Another weak *** beat)
Cherry Whine (Beat annoys the hell out of me and Amy Winehouse sounds like she's whining)

Wow, this review is crazy. Summer on Smash might be the weakest song on there, but it's still good. Did you just start listening to NaS?

Half way through and so far this joint is amazing! I'm glad I waited and didn't listen to any leaks.

Daughters is so real, especially if you have a teenager.

Mary J did New Edition's "Once In A Lifetime..." (one of my fav songs ever) justice.

Wow, this review is crazy. Summer on Smash might be the weakest song on there, but it's still good. Did you just start listening to NaS?

Because I like "Summer on Smash" you think I just started listening to NaS? Nah son, bought every NaS album since "It Was Written" and has been my favorite rapper ever since. The songs I listed, I find them to be boring and just drag the album down.

I seriously dont get how you like Summer on smash but not World's an Addiction or Cherry Wine lol. I do agree if the album was shorter it would be better. Great album either way though. NaS the G.O.A.T. 

Finally listening I'm really enjoying it... minus "Worlds An Addiction" like others have said kinda boring. But as usual Nasir provides me with that necessary heat rock :pimp:

I like the way they let Nas shine on this one.

I'll just say this....

Lack of a traditional drum track =/= "boring" beat. "Stay" requires listening. If you want background music, grab some Reggie Noble.

Very important album for NaS, and he brought it. It's funny to hear old-heads switching Rakim to that #2 spot now.

DAMMIT, MY AVY... oh well....

Last edited:
Stay
Cherry Wine
Loco-Motive
Bye Baby
Trust

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Reallllly good album. Can't stop playing "Cherry Wine" especially.

Mark Ronson, Salaami Remi & NaS would make an unbelievable album together. :smh:

I seriously dont get how you like Summer on smash but not World's an Addiction or Cherry Wine lol. I do agree if the album was shorter it would be better. Great album either way though. NaS the G.O.A.T. 

World's an Addiction is just boring to me. Anthony Hamilton does not help at all. The beat and the hook and AH sounding monotone just lose me. Can't focus on that song.

Cherry Wine.....everyone likes this song, I was excited to hear it. For some reason that beat just annoys the **** out of me and Amy sounds like she's nagging the whole time. Can't get into that song either. Other than those two, I like the rest of the album though. NaS delivered something we all needed. The best part of the album to me is how different songs sound like they were recorded for different albums of his. I think it's incredible how one second I hear an Illmatic type song and then the next a Street's Disciple song.

I must be one of the few people that mess with World's An Addiction :lol:

Im a fan of Anthony Hamilton on hooks, Nas ripped it with his story telling, & I like the subtle beat tempo increasing at certain points.

"Doctor busy operating on a lady who's sedated/ he can barely concentrate, 'cause he's newly separated/ His estranged wife likes entertaining her acquaintance/ in the house they were married in; mad people waiting/ Some young, some old; heads and stomachs aching/ Filling out an application 'cause they all need medication/ But the doctor need love or a quick vacation/ Calling up his travel agent; same time, premeditating/ murdering his ex-wife; Life: savage ain't it??/ Some need Xanax just to maintain it..."

I personally don't see how anyone could not #%@$ with this. But, to each his own.

After my first listen I thought it was good. He came off lyrically but I wasn't feeling the production that much. Will listen again later on.

Back
Top Bottom