NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Your the first person I’ve seen to say anything good about Eminem’s verse. I thought it was better than the hate I’ve seen it get around here.

It was dope but I understand why people weren't feeling it. It was his first collaboration with nas, he had to bring it but maybe he overdid it a little. :lol:

I didn't think that Em verse was as bad as some are making it either but once people are committed to hating someone, anything they say will annoy them lol

This album is ****ing amazing and the Em verse isn't bad @ all, but I understand that most of NT isn't a fan of his.

Chiming in on Em's verse. I think the past decade Em's been focusing on the technique so much that there's really no compelling substance out of his rhymes. I mean yes his multi-syllable rhymes stay super consistent and precise in all his most recent albums and features but personally, when it comes to the message there's really nothing mind blowing that he's saying.

In terms of EPMD, did he out rhyme Nas? Technically I would say yes, but take into consideration the overall message of the verse and the verdict is not as clear cut as it was on his verse in Renegade. IMO he hasnt delivered a crazy hot verse since Drake's Forever.

Yeah, the track wasn't one where its just showing off lyrically. It had a theme and Em strayed away to go crazy on multi-syllable ****.

On Renegade, he stayed on topic and displayed his skill.

Last edited:
BDA25CD8-9A4A-40FA-9B05-A2E057C9F075.png

Chiming in on Em's verse. I think the past decade Em's been focusing on the technique so much that there's really no compelling substance out of his rhymes. I mean yes his multi-syllable rhymes stay super consistent and precise in all his most recent albums and features but personally, when it comes to the message there's really nothing mind blowing that he's saying.

In terms of EPMD, did he out rhyme Nas? Technically I would say yes, but take into consideration the overall message of the verse and the verdict is not as clear cut as it was on his verse in Renegade. IMO he hasnt delivered a crazy hot verse since Drake's Forever.

Apologies, I know this is a Nas appreciation thread but going back to what I said about Em's performance in EPMD, I think Tyler summed it up better than I did:

Back
Top Bottom