NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

^ never heard that but its still just so so.

my point is, this is NAS, and just decent raps wont cut it. its not enough for him to just hold it down.

this dudes name holds weight, like HEAVY weight. the bar is high.

and not to turn this into a redundant jay vs nas discussion but it def doesn't look good on nas if his album doesn't receive @least 1/2 the critical acclaim that 444 did. lets not fake like these dudes aint still bein measured against each other. *pause*

Nas album done and March madness remix are more than just ok IMO. And tbh, I feel like Life is Good was the precursor to 444. But as a lifelong Nas fan, I'm anxious for this album, kinda like how you want your favorite player to play well in a big game. I'm really hoping he delivers.

You guys build up your expectations too high and only get let down.

I'm just hoping for good music, but it doesn't deliver then keep it moving.

Even if something is good albums just really don't have longevity or staying power like they used to.

Manga Carter and 444 was hot when they dropped, but after like a week or two they quickly died out along with the replay value.

^Same applies to magna carta...

Which btw i feel like is a new age vol. 1 for jay. I.E. people are sleep now but will get it later...

Nas album done and March madness remix are more than just ok IMO. And tbh, I feel like Life is Good was the precursor to 444. But as a lifelong Nas fan, I'm anxious for this album, kinda like how you want your favorite player to play well in a big game. I'm really hoping he delivers.
Never thought of it like this but you point makes a lot of sense.

i hope nas raps his tail off i want an album to match or top illmatic

Man... you wildin :lol:

Top Illmatic :rofl:

Not saying it's impossible, but lets say he does... most won't admit to it because they are stuck in their old ways, and it's a different time in music where we're so use to hear wack mumble rap and other crap that it wouldn't be appreciated nor accepted.

What are you talking about? :lol:

You hope he tops a album that's looked at as the hip hop bible 24 years later?

man are you even a real hip hop head there were mad albums better than illmatic in the 90s

Liquid swords
Ready to die
36 chambers
The chronic

Nas can top illmatic he just has to bring back that old style he ditched after 94

F00D3CC6-026D-428C-A1B2-E3511328EA5D.jpeg

Album cover

I am hyped!!!

that has to be his son on the cover (kid in white shorts). He looks like his mom in the face a little bit

You called it the hip hop bible real hip hop heads don’t call illmatic the Bible of hip hop albums only clowns like you it was a classic but not the cream of the crop

You must be one of these dipset genral/mr waves special type _'s. :lol:

Rappers from the 90's have called Illmatic that. That album is bible like to Rappers and whatever "real hip hop heads".

Back
Top Bottom