NaS x Pete Rock collab on the way Vol. Save Hip-Hop

From AllHipHop
By Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur

Hip-Hop lovers can rejoice: Nas and producer Pete Rock are working on music again.

Together Nas and Pete Rock orchestrated some of the most meaningful, prolific music to in the 90's when they collaborated on Nas' seminal album Illmatic, which was released 15 years ago this year.

"The World Is Yours" was an inspirational beacon to Hip-Hop fans during the period. Pete explained how things came to fruition. "I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it," Pete Rock told AllHipHop.com. "I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him."

The pair haven't work together since Illmatic, even though they had great success as a team.

To this day, Pete Rock says he doesn't know why he and Nas didn't continue to collaborate in any fashion since the popularity of Illmatic.

He's not necessarily looking for answers either.

"I think it was a lot of situations [that caused the break off], but you know, but right now, I don't give a damn. That was the past. You know, I always wanted to get down to the bottom of it, to see what the problem was," Pete said. "Whatever it was, I know it was a lie. I always asked that question like 'Why isn't he working with me,'" Pete said. "Other than that, I'm just happy that he reached out. Watch out. The beats are coming crazy."

Pete has stayed busy working on the recent Red & Meth Song, "A-Yo" and his own solo material.

The New York-based producer has also relaunched his label Soul Brother Recordings and will be releasing new artists in the future.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nas disgusts me. It hadn't really hit me that he hasn't worked with Pete since Illmatic. Now you dust head give Premo a call.

I don't know when to expect these songs since I'm supposedly expecting that album with Damian Marley
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

What happened to the Damian Marley collab?

I expect this to come out the same time as OB4CL 2 and Detox.

Won't believe it until I see it, man Nas pisses me off sometimes.
smh.gif

dudes is mad cause hes not working with who they want
eyes.gif
foh. get off italready. damn.

whoever PR and Nas collab is highly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Nas disgusts me. It hadn't really hit me that he hasn't worked with Pete since Illmatic. Now you dust head give Premo a call.

I don't know when to expect these songs since I'm supposedly ecpecting that album with Damian Marley
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Dissapointin' folk.

yea i dunno bout this... dope if it happens, but whats good with the Damian Nas album... supposed to be dropping this month but there hasnt been a single oranything from it. dunno if this will drop either
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom