Nash to wear Nike "Trash talk" Shoes

got this article from ISS, props to joshman1979.

http://www.nikebiz.com/media/pr/2008/02/13_Nash.html

evidently, they're gonna make the zoom bb2 lows from manufacturing scrap, a further adaptation of their nike considered line. they're performance shoesmade from recycled materials and such, all to be more environmentally friendly. unfortunately, they retail for 100 (IMO, it's kinda ******ed paying 10 lessthan the actual thing knowing you're getting the shoe scrap recycled version), though i would pick up a pair if prices dropped.

they gonna be at HoH, i think.

roll.gif

I just saw this exact same thing on Forbes.com

they should just skip the middleman and toss those directly back into the trash.

or maybe build some basketball courts in canada or south africa or something.

I actually like the All-Star pair. Something about the all-over stitching, as I said in the All-Star post.

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

I actually like the All-Star pair. Something about the all-over stitching, as I said in the All-Star post.

Same here. I first thought they looked awful, but something about the stitching that I actually liked. I'm a big fan of the XI low (IE) so Ishouldn't be too surprised though.

Gotta add the home pairs to the list now.

ASG is pretty bad to me, but I'm feeling those first ones. Finally some orange laces too, could have used some purple on there but it looks good.

^Literally, but I'm down with that colorway.

I just noticed his logo isn't visible on those (the home pair) though, that's kind of wack. If it's his team's colorway they gotta throw hislogo on there, another disappointing change from the samples.

Lets hope the stitching holds up. There's an awful lot of stitching there that could come back and be a monster replacement cost for Nike.

The Wade 1.3 kicks that I wear have a lot of stitching and the shoe just breaks down after about 25 uses.

pretty cool idea, but agree with the fundamental on the price point considering you're getting a sneaker produced of scrap! really like to orange laces onthem too.

Nice and different. Although im kind of worried about the midsole..its made of receycled midsoles..so does that mean the quality feels like cardboard + air?

it's nice and interesting, for a second I just thought the sole was nike regrind.

Back
Top Bottom