Nate Robinson's Chances In NFL

Originally Posted by RetroSan

he'll just run the ball in the other endzone

i see what you did there
laugh.gif

im as casual as a fan comes regarding the NFL, so can people explain why an OD freak athlete like nate wouldnt be able to find a niche in any position? i understand the answer is probably going to be related to level of skill, but cant he improve/work on that

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

im as casual as a fan comes regarding the NFL, so can people explain why an OD freak athlete like nate wouldnt be able to find a niche in any position? i understand the answer is probably going to be related to level of skill, but cant he improve/work on that
He's facing guys that are 6'+ with serious verticals and speed...freak athlete or not, Nate will NOT be doing anything against those receivers. If he tried to play RB, he'd get blown up with the quickness -- season over. You have to be able to produce consistently at one position to be on an NFL squad. He could probably do some things on Special Teams but that has to be about it.

As for Winged Wheel wrote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729

some people should be banned from discussing anything sports related

Totally agree

laugh.gif
Absolutely. This isn't about women's rights or absurd political conspiracies -- keep that nonsense in General.

there are a lot of freak athletes out there.. some who even played collegiate football for four years. you can't just walk up to an NFL tryout and make the team.

every year in the draft there are guys running 4.3s with 40-inch verts who go undrafted. look at all those small-school/HBCU dudes. and thats after playing college football for four years and spending months training for football workouts, much less not having played for however long ago Nate's freshman year was. 

and Nate is still only like 5'9 180ish (and i'm being generous).. if you're looking for an NBA guy who could make the crossover there are a lot more suitable players than Nate. 

Originally Posted by DT43

there are a lot of freak athletes out there.. some who even played collegiate football for four years. you can't just walk up to an NFL tryout and make the team.

every year in the draft there are guys running 4.3s with 40-inch verts who go undrafted. look at all those small-school/HBCU dudes. and thats after playing college football for four years and spending months training for football workouts, much less not having played for however long ago Nate's freshman year was. 

and Nate is still only like 5'9 180ish (and i'm being generous).. if you're looking for an NBA guy who could make the crossover there are a lot more suitable players than Nate. 
Just wondering, who are those players? 

I'm guessing one of them is Lebron. 

I know nothing about the nfl, I'm just curious who you would name

Anyone who watched him his one year in college knows he doesn't stand a chance (at least at CB). He got burned week in and week out. His one great play (his INT in the '02 Apple Cup) came on a horrifically underthrown ball from a cold backup QB.

pretty sure people said the same thing about him about NBA when he was younger. look where he at now. 

Also there are 10s and 10s of freak athletes sitting on benches and on practices squads in the NFL right now that haven't gotten a shot and/or found a niche.

I'm just having trouble imagining there are dozens and dozens of guys warming benches on nfl teams that are athletic enough to win dunk contests against dwight howard and iggy. Nates also brolic not some lanky dude doing this.

You guys are marginalizing the actual football talent a player needs to have in order to be a successful player. Or even a 'benchwarmer'. Not surprising though.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

if darren sproles can have success, so can nate.
indifferent.gif

His chances of attending a tryout if he is even offered one = 0%
Ain't no way he risks injury, football injuries being far more able to thwart athletic careers than Bball.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by DT43

Just wondering, who are those players? 

I'm guessing one of them is Lebron. 

I know nothing about the nfl, I'm just curious who you would name
i think mainly players with strong physical stature would have the best shot.. guys like Lebron, Craig Smith, Joey Graham, Artest, etc. 

Even if he were to make a team, how smart would that be? Risk serious injury in a full-contact league? What a joke.

Back
Top Bottom