NBA 08-09 Season Award Picks vol. excluding the MVP award

Rookie of the year- Derrick Rose Defensive player of the year- Dwight Howard Sixth man of the year- Nate Robinson Most improve player- Danny Granger Coach ofthe year- Phil Jackson

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Wow @ the MB hate...

He's gotten the best player in the game to buy in and his teammates buy into the championship defensive mentality.

Cavs are #1 in the NBA in defense.

LeBron is not in the DPOY discussion on accident.

Best record in the east and finally has the team getting it done on the offensive end of the floor?

I might bet my SN he will win COY
he might have gotten them to buy into his defense first mentality, that doesn't mean he does a good job coaching during the games. No coachwho uses laminate card deserves it in my book, he might win it, doesn't mean he deserves it. .
Also their offense is improved cuz of the addition of Mo Williams, not because of any changes he's made cuz they still run the same set for the most partwhere Lebron has the ball on the wing dominating the ball and either attacks himself or fakes the penetration to draw everyones attention and passes it to oneof three spot up shooters they have set up

For once I'd like to see coach of the year go to someone who actually makes a difference instead of just having good players.

I'd be happy if someone like Scott Skiles or Mike D'Antoni got coach of the year. Scott has the Bucks in the playoff race this deep in the season evenwith all the injuries. Mike has the Knicks fighting for a playoff spot which is something they haven't done in a while.

Even Jerry Sloan or Popovich would be good picks.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

For once I'd like to see coach of the year go to someone who actually makes a difference instead of just having good players.

I'd be happy if someone like Scott Skiles or Mike D'Antoni got coach of the year. Scott has the Bucks in the playoff race this deep in the season even with all the injuries. Mike has the Knicks fighting for a playoff spot which is something they haven't done in a while.

I'd be fine with those guys getting CoY.

Reason I picked Sloan/Greg Pop is because both dudes have excelled in years filled with injuries.

dpoy: howard
rookie: rose
6th man: nate
most improved: could possibly have been granger but shawn marion blasted him into another universe today so, devin harris.

Rookie of the Year- Russell Westbrook
Defensive Player of the Year - Dwight Howard
Sixth Man - Nate Robinson
Most Improved Player- Devin Harris
Coach of the Year - I don't know

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why Westbrook?
He's got the best all around numbers out of all rookies and he's the only one who's gotten better each month as opposed to beinghot/cold. You can argue that at some point Rose/Mayo hit walls...Westbrook has gotten better progressively and he's putting up 16, 5, and 5 right now inless minutes than both Rose/Mayo.

Rookie of the Year- Derrick Rose
Defensive Player of the Year- Dwight Howard
Sixth Man- Jason Terry
Coach of the Year- Mike Brown

Rookie of the Year- O.J. Mayo
Defensive Player of the Year- Dwight Howard
Sixth Man- Jason Terry
Coach of the Year- Jerry Sloan

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I'd be happy if someone like Scott Skiles or Mike D'Antoni got coach of the year. Scott has the Bucks in the playoff race this deep in the season even with all the injuries. Mike has the Knicks fighting for a playoff spot which is something they haven't done in a while.

I'd be fine with those guys getting CoY.

Reason I picked Sloan/Greg Pop is because both dudes have excelled in years filled with injuries.
yeah and the bucks would have not made the playoffs with their record on the other coast as well

^half the teams on the east wouldnt make it on the west.
its been the same way pretty much every year, whats your point?

Back
Top Bottom