[:NBA ALL-STAR Weekend Thread - NT's Post Game Debate: "Why Didn't Rose Dance?" (PG. 115+):]

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Forget the NBA players...I'd rather see the best dunkers from around the world. James White, TFB, people who actually specialize on this stuff. I don't want to see LeBron do basic dunks but because of his name and the hype, everyone will go crazy over him and he'll win automatically

The dunk contest has been lackluster for years, but I think the Paul Geogre glow-in-the-dark dunk was probably the jump-the-shark moment. I think its time to get rid of it. Just waaaaayyyyy too may gimicks right now.

^^^ @ SEAN COMBS comment
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the same dudes say same thing every year around this time on a Sat. night. Yet y'all watch every year. The contest is not getting any better. Deal with it or don't watch.

Here's an idea to improve the dunk contest:

Invite all the big players (James, Wade, Griffin, etc) to sit in the crowd and watch but require them to wear athletic apparel. Have the dunk contest as usual with the 4 or so competitors. But after the competition itself, allow the players who are in the stands to just have a freestyle dunk off. No judges, no pressure. Just athletes doing their thing for fun.

I honestly can't believe i wasted my time watching that...

had it not been for Charles i'd have probably turned it off. That contest was flat out TURRIBLE.

They need some street ball players in this... Think of Lebron and Griffin dueling it out with TFB or something... they really need to make a change!!

the thing with the dunk contest is that i feel like we have seen everything already..think about it, everyone does a windmill dunk, between the legs and jumping over someone or something

i think the dunks contest should just RIP already

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Here's an idea to improve the dunk contest:

Invite all the big players (James, Wade, Griffin, etc) to sit in the crowd and watch but require them to wear athletic apparel. Have the dunk contest as usual with the 4 or so competitors. But after the competition itself, allow the players who are in the stands to just have a freestyle dunk off. No judges, no pressure. Just athletes doing their thing for fun.
No, that isn't a good idea. Sorry.  
laugh.gif

Would people stop saying LeBron should be in it. All he will do is jump high (not as high as he did in 2003 @ McDonalds). We don't want to see that. There is no BIG name player that is a dunk dunk dunk dunker. And that is Blake, and I am sure he would have trouble coming up with something. Names get people interested but the dunks won't be better than the D-League's dunk contest earlier today.

Like someone said, the dunk contest needs to be outsourced. Team Flight, D-League, James White. But then Stern probably wouldn't like it since it will no longer be an NBA Event. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

First Puff kills Biggie.. now he kills the Dunk Contest.

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And I don't know why all of y'all are clamoring for LeBron to do the Dunk Contest, I think he would do poorly.

The last big name Superstar to have an entertaining/spectacular dunk contest performance was Dwight.

As a California native, I can't decide whether its cool or embarrassing that 3 of the 4 contestants in the dunk contest (none of whom won) are from California.

Back
Top Bottom