NBA Buyouts -what would you do in that position?

If you are in the NBA and had the opportunity to play for a championship but you are scheduled to make
$5 million this season and it's the most money you have ever made and you will be a free agent at seasons
end but can take a buyout for say $1 million to get on a championship team would you take buyout? or keep your money?

keep the money, make a championship team later.
pimp.gif

I would love to say "I would give up the money for a championship" but I can't really say I would turn down 4 million dollars if I was a mid-level role player in the league... it's a good amount of money

I would probably do it though, assuming I'd get another contract of a few million/year, I would be able to live comfortably with that.

you should lower the money because 5 million is a lot making the question easier. But ill take the money but if it was 2 million that would be tough but i might take the ring depnding on my role.

you should lower the money because 5 million is a lot making the question easier
  good point... I just had this discusion with a friend when i heard about Raja Bell was not in discussions to get a buyout
and I was thinking dude is hurt and in the last year of a contract that pays him 5 Mil
he may be out the league come next year depending on his injury why would he take a buyout.

Just sit out get healthy and try to make a squad next year was my thinking just wanted to know what NT would
do if in the same situation.

I'd take the money easy

I think a tougher question is would u wanna be know as one of the greatest at ur position (barkley,malone,stockton) and never win a ring

Or be a solid role player on a championship team (kukoc, manu)

If I were older and in the last half of my career, I would take the buyout and pursue the ring.

You'd be crazy if you think raja bell woudlnt have a team next year.

Every championship team needs a role player, that knows their role, and succeeds at it.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Every championship team needs a role player, that knows their role, and succeeds at it.
post fail

Take the cash. i'll buy a ring off of Ebay.

laugh.gif

Every championship team needs a role player, that knows their role, and succeeds at it.post fail

Take the cash. i'll buy a ring off of Ebay.
Do people read anymore never said Raja would be out the league just using him as an example and this dude talking about post fail no your dad failed by not pulling out.

Back
Top Bottom