NBA Draft stock post

Yes Derrick Rose is a lock for top 3 or top 5.. Top 5 will probably be in no particular order..
Derrick Rose
Michael beasley
OJ Mayo
Deandre Jordan
Eric Gordon
None of these players are complete, but potential is the #1 indicator and those guys have unlimited amounts of it..

followed by
Nicholas Batum
Kosta Koufous
Daniello *The Italian guy*
Roy Hibbert
And it's a toss up.. Whatever that specific team needs..

So.. Kevin Love needs to stay.. Jerryd Bayless needs to stay b/c he is very capable of being a top 5 or top 10 pick next year.. Everyone from UNC stay.. and itsucks that I have to say that b/c Tyler is such a workhorse and his consistent stats indicates that he should be a much higher pick.. But, the draft is basedoff potential first and then college career 2nd..

Brandon Rush is a good role player no doubt.. But, that knee injury is going to make a lot of scouts skeptical on taking him any higher than 25

I bet ya'll the same people that was praising Mike Conley last year.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
HELL NO, im still lost on how this dude was the thirdpick?? actually i was a conley fan before he became the third pick, i wasnt hating on dude or nothing. but come on. yo straight piggy backed oden all the wayto the league
mad.gif
roll.gif

but i do say rose is top 5. Rose>>>>>>>>>Conley. if conley can be top 3, so can rose.

sucks that I have to say that b/c Tyler is such a workhorse and his consistent stats indicates that he should be a much higher pick.. But, the draft is based off potential first and then college career 2nd..
It's not even that, he's just not skilled.

He gets all his points from the stripe, is not a very good defender, can't pass. And can't manage a block a game. He has FIVE blocks in 17 games.

He's gona get manhandled in the NBA and not get the treatment he does now.

Now before anyone calls me a hater, he can be a nice energy player. But he'll never be a starter or 6th man in the NBA

Dude has a point tho i wouldnt go as far as say its a lock rose wont go top 3 but with no jump shot to speak of its not out of the question that he would dropsome.

IMO....I'll take Kyle Lowery over Mike Conley....I still don't know why Memphis did that....Unless they did it with the plan on getting rid ofStoudamire....Ehh, I dunno...I have always liked Lowry's game though....He's like a pitbull on the court...
Everyone from UNC stay.. and it sucks that I have to say that b/c Tyler is such a workhorse and his consistent stats indicates that he should be a much higher pick.. But, the draft is based off potential first and then college career 2nd..
All bias aside....Tyler isn't gonna get away w/ all that %$%% he gets away w/ now....the Travels...3 seconds...inability to find the openman.....the inability to pass out of the double team....He's getting by now on the fact that he can overpower everybody... At least he develops a littlemid-range jumper

He will be a serviceable NBA player w/ some work on his game....

Lawson is going to be an impact PG in the NBA....guaranteed
If you want to take about a PG without a shot and can't run a half court set...here's your man.

Not to mention his size

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

If Derrick Rose is a top 3 pick I'll retire this screenname. Ya'll giving him 06' D-Wade love..."oh he's so humble, he's such a team player"....Then OJ get's that Kobe hate. Did you watch Memphis vs. USC. OJ strapped him. That's what the NBA is about. 1-on-1. Not running through Coference USA with a loaded squad.

I love his potential but he needs major work when it comes to the NBA. HE CANT EVEN SHOOT. I bet ya'll the same people that was praising Mike Conley last year.
laugh.gif

He took 8 or 9 shots that game and made 3 of them. OJ took 20 and made 6 of them. Who really strapped who?

And for all those dogging Conley...I admit taking him that high is a stretch but he hasnt done anything this season to say that he SHOULDNT have gone thathigh. He's been balling since he's been back from injury and is clearly the PG of the future for that team.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ I'd say it's between Beasley and Rose. As good as Gordon is...nobody is going to take a 6'4 2 guard with the first pick.
Allen Iverson went #1 at 6'0..not saying Gordon is Iverson or anything
laugh.gif
but just saying it could happen...besides to me...i think Gordon is the best freshman with beasley at a close second...

Even if you believe he is Iverson...it doesnt matter...that was 12 years ago when they thought Iverson WAS a PG. Since then...he has SPAWNED a plethora ofsub 6-4 SGs....which is a reason why one hasnt gone #1 since then. In fact...Iverson was the last guard PERIOD to go #1.

He took 8 or 9 shots that game and made 3 of them. OJ took 20 and made 6 of them. Who really strapped who?
I'm guessing you saw the boxscore and not the game. Good D will prevent shot attempts and driving opportunities.

Why's everyone dogging Mike Conley.. He was put in a situation in where he couldn't even play a game.. and Riding Greg Oden??? Oden was in foul troubleso much of the time, it usually fell on Mike Conley and Ron lewis.. Dude ran that OSU team.. Now, i'm not saying it warrants that top 5 pick, but the guyis no slouch.. The thing is.. Who was picked below Conley that you guys would possibly fit in with the Memphis Grizzlies?? That was a good pick in my opinion..Please let us wait until we further pass judgment on a guy who hasn't even been given a chance to prove himself..

And yeah I agree wholeheartedly on the Tyler situation.. I honestly can't wait to see how it translates.. But, yeah Derrick Rose might be top 3.. It'sno insult if he isn't because this could be a very deep draft.. but any lesser than 5 is crazy.. I would say lets look at the top 5 teams, but the NBA hasa lottery.. But I'm going to assume these teams will be awarded a top 5 pick... The order is based on standings..

T Wolves - Michael Beasley
Heats -Derrick Rose
Seattle - Eric Gordon
Knicks - OJ Mayo
Memphis - Danielo or Kosta.. or Deandre..

I really can see Danielo slipping in the top 5 b/c scouts are so high on him.. and Kosta as well.. I just can't see the Heats or Seattle passing on DerrickRose given their point guard situation.. Really it's all where that team falls.. But, seriously no team is passing on Michael Beasley.. The rest is a tossup..

Anybody think Roy Hibbert could be in the top 5 after a good final four run??

Anybody think Roy Hibbert could be in the top 5 after a good final four run??
Georgetown ain't going nowhere. They got spanked by a depleted Pitt roster and should've lost to UCONN! If Georgetown makes it to thefinal 4 I'll retire this screen name.
laugh.gif

Roy would need to go on a serious tear to get in the top 7 or 8.

And as far as the team...they'll at least be in the Sweet 16, then its a crapshoot from there

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

I'm guessing you saw the boxscore and not the game. Good D will prevent shot attempts and driving opportunities.

Actually I was at the game....but nevermind that. Since you did mention...I saw OJ shoot his team out the game...as he has many games this season.

And I hope Mike ends up in Seattle with Kevin...and try to pry a young PG away from a team...like a Kyle Lowry.

G - Lowry
G - Durant
F - Green
F - Beasley
C - Wilcox

Nice young team for the future.

here's how i break it down:
top tier prospects
michael beasley
derrick rose
deandre jordan
eric gordon

second tier prospects
jerryd bayless
oj mayo
donte green

i think beasley is the top prospect but look out for jordan...if he shows enough during the tourney a team might gamble on him with the first pick.

I hope Bayless stays another year.

Possible 4 lotto picks form the same squad next year
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Bayless + Jennings + Hill + Budinger

I'm from MN and I wish I could watch Beasley more since he's most likely going to be wearing a Wolves jersey. Since he plays for Kansas State though,it's hard to catch a game.

Late 1st round...

t1_dorsey_ap.jpg

This dude is going to SHINE if he gets an invite to the PIT

Lottery

p1_griffin.jpg

If Travis Diener could make it (2nd round)...

drew-neitzel.jpg

Stay in school....

nba_vasquez_greivis_275.jpg

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ I'd say it's between Beasley and Rose. As good as Gordon is...nobody is going to take a 6'4 2 guard with the first pick.

Gordon is closer to 6'3, dude is pretty good though( Gil 0 2.0?). Austin Daye reminds me of Durant - that killer instinct. His handle is betterthough, but KD just goes at you and his jumper is cash everytime. Rose needs to work on that jumper, he reminds me of Devin Harris. M Beasly gone, enough said.OJ has that NBA style game. Singler stay 4 years, too slow. Love is hard to call. He has game. Good footwork, pretty good outside/inside game but is not thatexplosive.

Back
Top Bottom