** NBA Feet - '09-'10 **

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

Originally Posted by clkru

razzle dazzle wrote:
792a48fb27db44843c58ba626cd052e1-getty-98564930_dlk034_celt_v_cavs.jpg

This photo basically sums up Paul Pierce's entire career.
  AHAHAHAHAHAHA... ain't that the TRUTH!
p2 haters booo. . . . 
roll.gif

Go ahead and check the stats... I'm pretty sure PP has a NBA Finals MVP to go with his ring. But tell me if I'm wrong. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Your name is Razzle Dazzle? Seriously? That sounds like something a little girl would name her unicorn doll.

eek.gif
..... Now if that's true that would explain the apparent disconnect and Delonte not playing all that much in the series....but again
eek.gif
 and
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by usctrojan00

I know the allure of going to the Knicks and revitalizing the Big Apple must be extremely tempting. If he becomes a Knick, MSG will be electric. They might not win a championship, but they will be sold out and be relevant - something they haven't been for a decade. Having said that, I just don't see him in NY. I have to think his TEAM knows the cons of going. Wouldn't a nucleus of Rose, Noah, and Lebron be scary? Trade Deng and Hinrich for another low post scorer, and you have a great team that will compete for championships. Or, New Jersey? A top pick (Wall, Turner possible), Lopez, a big-time FA, and Lebron ain't too shabby either.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to Cleveland. Better supporting cast than NY and he has his comfort zone. I could see him to a 2-3 year extension with the Cavs again. He'll be just 28 and still in his prime.
I would hope he stays in Cleveland too but those probable Chicago and NJ lineups sound really good....not Cleveland 09/10 loaded but pretty pretty pretty good.....and you forgot to add to the mix John Calipari as coach, cuz supposedly part of the plan he and his team are about to "execute" is to either remove Brown as coach in Cleveland and get Cal a gig, especially with both of them sharing the same agent, or possibly go start over fresh in one of the 3 big players and have him as the head...(well minus NY cuz it would be hard to supplant D'Antoni now)

There are now only 24 hours left to determine which shoe will be crowned the winner and  "Shoe of the Year" and by all indications neither of the two contenders have a clear advantage. With literally a handful of votes separating the two finalists, this drive will go into overtime and with help of some "clutch" voting by you the participants, a winner will be raised tomorrow!

The competition has spanned a very successful four weeks and it now all boils down to today's voting. Have you voted yet!?

- Kobe is about to approach another pesky opponent that will try to stand in his way of ring number 5, while wearing his widely successful 5th signature shoe since joining Nike. The Air Zoom Kobe V has been battling a timeless classic in the Air Jrdan 12 Retro for this week, which itself was the shoe that earned MJ his 5th title in Chicago. Destiny you ask? 

It's a case of the 5's this week...Who will come out the winner is squarely dependant on you...

With 4 NBA more teams going fishing for the summer, another 4 will be sent packing here also, as the remaining 8 try to squeeze there way out of their respective matchups. This week has yet again yielded the view that many voters are having a very hard time in deciding their favourites in specific matches and is a testament to the popularity of those sneakers....

-The "W3lcom3 Hom3" 2010's released recently which a fair amount of you have decided to purchase (as noticed in the "Air Jordan 2010 Topics MERGED" thread). This week the 2010 model is trying to outlast the KD II- Playoff and is not finding it easy whatsoever. Tied at the voting to this point, will the fledgling Durant line surpass the wizardry of the veteran Air Jordan line?

-One of the most exciting battles for this week, the Air Zoom Kobe V and Retro 11 matchup is almost as big as the Celtics-Cavs matchup we saw end during this week. The question is, which favourite will be knocked off like the top-seeded Cavaliers? Based on popularity throughout the entire year, the Air Zoom Kobe V can be regarded as the best between the two shoes (Just as the Cavs were the best team in the game for the season); will the AZK suffer the same fate as Lebron so dreadfully did?

-Another difficult battle to call, the Air Jordan 2 Retro holds a marginal lead over the Hyperfuse. Can it withstand a last day push by arguably the most successful/popular non-signature Nike shoe of this year's NBA Playoffs?

-Lebron may have been eliminated but his shoes still march forward. The Lebron 7 P.S. can only hope to maintain its lead over a Nike throwback favourite.

It's all in your hands! Voting ends tomorrow and will give way to the "Conference Finals," which is sure to build on the excitement of the prior weeks.

C'mon get voting!!!!

Lebron should give D.wade a call and join forces in chicago next yr, cleveland will be set for a top 5 draft pick by 2013 if he goes especially if they loose a coach in the same yr.

What kinda money is Bron looking for? 200 over 8-9yrs?

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

razzle dazzle wrote:

p2 haters booo. . . . 
roll.gif
Go ahead and check the stats... I'm pretty sure PP has a NBA Finals MVP to go with his ring. But tell me if I'm wrong. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Your name is Razzle Dazzle? Seriously? That sounds like something a little girl would name her unicorn doll.

Tell em why you mad son
laugh.gif
Sorry if my little comment up there made you go cry in the corner... It's the internet bro.
roll.gif

And I never said I hate Pierce. I'm just sayin'. No need to get all heated up.

PS. Oh, and you ain't one to talk about my SN... Zombie Jesus? Really though..?
laugh.gif
Get that %#+* outta here bruh

Kobe is my fav player by far but ya'll gotta be kidding me voting for his kicks over Lebron's - especially in the colorways posted
But to each his own

e4ac8244970de538d5ee6bc5bd6d8a2a-getty-99154380cc073_boston_celtic.jpg
 Rashard Lewis once again gives JWill a helping hand on a dunk at pregame...
ed00093bafa6a70978178e81fc537561-getty-99154380cc028_boston_celtic.jpg

e5093fd7571306578fbdb0c6711650fe-getty-99154380fm061_celtics_magic.jpg

955bd0303183871e3714c19b33b12c52-getty-99154380cc025_boston_celtic.jpg

a3f9e0a7a8bd50732295cd1399a21f62-getty-99154380cc017_boston_celtic.jpg

554606865f528f82efe5a4ec71064af7-getty-99154380fm069_celtics_magic.jpg

a9052d4398f2f444929e4ecfb0dfd52d-getty-99154380fm063_celtics_magic.jpg

3074a6dd69a2dfa725984665bc7c3cca-getty-99154380cc040_boston_celtic.jpg
 Boozer chilling in the crowd
ea87a18a45bcc07ff44afdf0cdf26eae-getty-99154380fm062_celtics_magic.jpg

3f9cb65bb4baa39501edf5620035c00b-getty-99154380cc068_boston_celtic.jpg

f1f365a2a4e2cbe19844baf041ff9db8-getty-99154380fm047_celtics_magic.jpg

5e06e9978617e0a00d4f512a9b2bcaaf-getty-99154380fm050_celtics_magic.jpg

03584cfd3e16031f279c650d779b6e2b-getty-99154380fm011_celtics_magic.jpg

df35f3ddedbf82f4c0e639e6e35e7087-getty-99154380fm037_celtics_magic.jpg

1c127250b5df6ad78d78ea7a79e56794-getty-99154380fm030_celtics_magic.jpg

228020c6b8f22dbb9e26063f9053bcdc-getty-99154380fm028_celtics_magic.jpg

dcb4a2620e941e5ab8b407823d1ea744-getty-99154380fm027_celtics_magic.jpg

thanks again for the pics..

ive always wondered, when NBA players go to games as fans, who do they cheer for?

or do they cheer at all? this dude should be on vaca somewhere chillen.

3074a6dd69a2dfa725984665bc7c3cca-getty-99154380cc040_boston_celtic.jpg
 Boozer chilling

Originally Posted by bundy9

eek.gif
..... Now if that's true that would explain the apparent disconnect and Delonte not playing all that much in the series....but again
eek.gif
 and
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by usctrojan00

I know the allure of going to the Knicks and revitalizing the Big Apple must be extremely tempting. If he becomes a Knick, MSG will be electric. They might not win a championship, but they will be sold out and be relevant - something they haven't been for a decade. Having said that, I just don't see him in NY. I have to think his TEAM knows the cons of going. Wouldn't a nucleus of Rose, Noah, and Lebron be scary? Trade Deng and Hinrich for another low post scorer, and you have a great team that will compete for championships. Or, New Jersey? A top pick (Wall, Turner possible), Lopez, a big-time FA, and Lebron ain't too shabby either.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to Cleveland. Better supporting cast than NY and he has his comfort zone. I could see him to a 2-3 year extension with the Cavs again. He'll be just 28 and still in his prime.
I would hope he stays in Cleveland too but those probable Chicago and NJ lineups sound really good....not Cleveland 09/10 loaded but pretty pretty pretty good.....and you forgot to add to the mix John Calipari as coach, cuz supposedly part of the plan he and his team are about to "execute" is to either remove Brown as coach in Cleveland and get Cal a gig, especially with both of them sharing the same agent, or possibly go start over fresh in one of the 3 big players and have him as the head...(well minus NY cuz it would be hard to supplant D'Antoni now)

I would be really surprised to see Cal come back to the NBA right now. One year in Kentucky and out? I try not to read into the rumors too much because as you probably know - there will be a lot of rumors and speculation until Lebron signs. This whole William Wesley connection with Cal, Rose, and Lebron seems to contrived IMHO.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

razzle dazzle wrote:

p2 haters booo. . . . 
roll.gif

Tell em why you mad son
laugh.gif
Sorry if my little comment up there made you go cry in the corner... It's the internet bro.
roll.gif

And I never said I hate Pierce. I'm just sayin'. No need to get all heated up.

PS. Oh, and you ain't one to talk about my SN... Zombie Jesus? Really though..?
laugh.gif
Get that %#+* outta here bruh

It's funny all the people hating on PP. Last I checked, he wasn't "accused" of rape, hating on his teammates when times weren't good, criticized by Phil Jackson as being selfish, helped break up a dyansty, and publicly demanding a trade (cough cough Kobe). I remember being at Staples the season after Shaq left for a pre-season game and hearing 3/4 of Staples booing Kobe.  Oh, how we forget when he leads a team to championship and all is forgotten.  Heck - I'll admit I think Kobe is a pompous %#%hole. But, I can let person bias subside to admit he's the best player in the game if I had one series to win RIGHT NOW. Jordan was just as arrogant (though more likable than Kobe) and I think that's what sets the great ones apart.

FWIW- PP certainly isn't as good a flopper as Vlade, Manu, and DFish.

For a guy that's paid $19M/year, I would like to think Rashard Lewis would feel some obligation to show up when it counts.

I only hate on PP because he always looks out of shape and takes shots away from my favorite player, Ray Allen. Paul's been playing subpar lately, and I can only imagine how much more effective and explosive he'd be with a Ray Allen/Steve Nash-like diet. Most pro athletes don't give nutrition enough attention, including PP, and its a shame.

That said, I'm a much bigger fan of Paul Pierce's than I am of Kobe's.

I only hate on PP because he always looks out of shape and takes shots away from my favorite player, Ray Allen. Paul's been playing subpar lately, and I can only imagine how much more effective and explosive he'd be with a Ray Allen/Steve Nash-like diet. Most pro athletes don't give nutrition enough attention, including PP, and its a shame.

That said, I'm a much bigger fan of Paul Pierce's than I am of Kobe's.

I wouldn't say PP takes shots away from Allen. Ray's not going to avergae 26 points and that's not what the Celts need to him to do. It's not about shots, which is what you seem to be to carried away with. They have all shown they can be prolific scorers in this game. But, it's not about that anymore. It's about winning championsips. Each one of the Big 3 are on the other side of their prime, and each one of them realizes that they are not going to nor need to average 25 points a game. But, that what makes the Celtics so unique and tough to beat. It's pick your poison.   It's Ray one day, KG the other day, PP the next day, Big Baby/Sheed/TAllen and Rondo the other day, or just a mix of both. They come out you at all areas so it's a bit tougher to scheme against.  You can't plan to stop one player, because you don't know who is going to step up. Given PP, Ray and KG all are battle tested and healthy, they might be the hardest team to plan against.

The whole conditioning thing doesn't make sense. Because Pierce doesn't look cut, that's disappointing? Who cares. Certain players don't have that genetic make-up. Jason Kidd certainly doesn't look like he is one of the fastest players on the court, but he is. Look at Pierce when he was in Kansas. He was just big, and that body helps him handle contact and get to the line. He and Vince Carter were drafted in the same year, and PP has played more games and has a better career than VC. But, VC looks like he is in better shape. When you're over 31 and have logged the minutes that PP has logged, father time will catch up. And, how in the world do you know PP doesn't have a good diet. Please.

I think you're making too many assumptions. I wouldn't say Nash is an example. Home boy needs to rest on his back during his games because he has chronic back problems.

Rondo should be in a category of "poison" himself if anything now hes the best overall player on that team, anyways SMH on Pierce in here, dudes been the face of that franchise since 98' give him credit he stayed there through the good and bad days in Boston...

razzle dazzle reminds me of NBA Jam TE, when the announcer would say that?

is that what inspired ur name?

Originally Posted by evisumane123

Rondo should be in a category of "poison" himself if anything now hes the best overall player on that team, anyways SMH on Pierce in here, dudes been the face of that franchise since 98' give him credit he stayed there through the good and bad days in Boston...

Agreed on Rondo. He is the best player on the team. If he can develop a decent jump shot, he would be a top 5 player in the league if I had to start a keeper league.

The time has come...it has been determined (albeit a day later than expected- apologies for the late post; technical difficulties interrupted regular Sunday entry). The Shoe of The Year is the Air Zoom Kobe V! A no-brainer for some, maybe a surprise for others. But from initial release to present, the AZK V has withstood an onslaught of Team Jordans, Nike and Jordan Brand Retros and the new wave of shoes and signature lines that made an imprint on the season and will help to define a year that produced many highs and lows both on and off the court.

Finals Stats:

Air Zoom Kobe V- 63% of voting to Air Jordan 12 Retro's 37%- (The final statistics do not give a fair indication of how tight this match up was. Tied throughout most of the week, the AZK V pushed through in the last 2-3 days of voting building a commanding lead which ended in the voting differential highlighted today. Congratulations to Kobe Bryant, Nike and Eric Avar on a job well done and executed! This shoe undoubtedly will remain on the sneakerhead plateau until the new season of shoes are released from which a new successor will be named) 

With its inclusion on NikeID, the AZK V ushered in a new trend and broke the ice for signature customization which may just become the norm in the future. Proving to be a very popular choice amongst sneaker aficianados worldwide, the Air Zoom Kobe 5 rose against the likes of fellow great Lebron James' Air Max Lebron 7, Air Jordan 2010 and the Air Jordan 12 Retro.  From the In-Lines to Bruce Lees, Dark Night to Del Sols, ASGs to USCs and Chaos to Playoffs the Black Mamba and his Air Zoom Kobe 5s have prevailed as NT's inaugural Shoe Of The Year! Let's see how well it will do in the Playoff Bracket against many other formidable opponents!

Thanks to all who participated and made this first bracket possible...again as a pilot, I think it has been a success! Continue logging your votes for the playoff bracket which has just a few more battles left!

Another round completed, another set of victors progress. After a very tight fought week of voting, the winners of Round 2 are ready to step out into the new week of public deliberations.

Stats below:

- KDII- Playoff earns a tight 55.2% of votes to Air Jordan 2010's 44.8% (The good times keep rolling for the KD line. Now the KD II goes up against the recently crowned "Shoe Of The Year." Will the first  post-season splash for Durant and his sneaker line outdo the veteran KB24 line, or would it suffer the same fate and get bitten by the Black Mamba, similar to his Oklahoma City Thunder which was ousted by the Kobe Bryant led Lakers?)

-Air Jordan 11 Retro 37.9% of votes to Air Zoom Kobe V's 62.1%. (Similar to the Finals of the Regular Season Bracket, this matchup held on very tightly, especially at the first half of the week where the Air Jordan 11 Retro maintained a lead in votes. The final few days of voting saw a major swing to the Air Zoom Kobe V line after the Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz in the Western Conference Semi's; again suggested a strong correlation between on-court results and voting. Will the AZK V make a clean sweep this year and claim the title as the best Post Season shoe also?)

-Air Jordan Retro 2 achieves 67.9% of voting to Hyperfuse's 46.4%. (Nike's most successful shoe of the NBA 2009/10 Playoffs comes up short to another Jordan Classic. With voting tied many times along the way, the last Jordan Brand representative in this Bracket manages to sneak out with a victory against a shoe which has had a very successful debut on-court. With Deron Williams and Rondo pushing the Hyperfuse to the max on court, the off-court reputation and popularity of the Retro 2's proved too much to overcome. Can the last of the Jordan's go all the way and claim the title as the post season's best?)

-Lebron 7 P.S. accummulates 67.9% of votes to the Penny 3 Retro's 32.1%. (The King's shoes moves on whilst he figures out what he and "his team" will accomplish this offseason. A strong contender for the best shoe of the post season, the Lebron 7 P.S. goes along for the highly expected ride towards the Finals).

Only 2 weeks and 4 shoes remain. Who will claim the prestige of being seen as the best shoe of the 2009/10 NBA Post Season? Again, only your votes will make the judgement.

Follow the links here and in my sig to cast your votes:

httphttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R7NR7NL://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R7NR7NL<<<Survey

httphttp://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/bundy_9/NTKicksPlayoffsNBAPSRound3.jpg://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/bundy_9/NTKicksPlayoffsNBAPSRound3.jpg<<<Bracket

For the people asking about my SN, here's the definition... Mainly for that herb Zombiejesus up there.
n. Informal
  1. Dazzling excitement.
  2. Elaborate action or maneuvers designed to deceive an opponent, as in a sports contest.
  3. Extravagant or showy display, as of technique: a lecture that was more razzle-dazzle than substance.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

For the people asking about my SN, here's the definition... Mainly for that herb Zombiejesus up there.
n. Informal
  1. Dazzling excitement.
  2. Elaborate action or maneuvers designed to deceive an opponent, as in a sports contest.
  3. Extravagant or showy display, as of technique: a lecture that was more razzle-dazzle than substance.

man that was an underwhelming explanation, im still gonna assume that you were inspired to use it from NBA Jam TE. im not saying mines is better or anything, its just i asked about a videogame and u gave me a definition

Back
Top Bottom