NBA FINALS LEBRON VS CArmello

I think the league would be better served with a Bron/Melo finals.

As much as a lot of us want to see Kobe v Lebron, Kobe is passing his prime, while Bron is heading for it. The rivalry would only last a year or two at most.

The greatness that was Magic/Bird was they were both in their primes side by side for the better part of a decade.

Melo and Bron would have that dynamic.
pimp.gif

I'm not saying I'm rooting for it, but it will have me watching if it happens.

Originally Posted by CP1708

As much as a lot of us want to see Kobe v Lebron, Kobe is passing his prime, while Bron is heading for it. The rivalry would only last a year or two at most.

The greatness that was Magic/Bird was they were both in their primes side by side for the better part of a decade.

pimp.gif

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Kobe vs. Lebron one time though. But it's interesting because 3 superstars of the league Bron, Melo, and Wade were allin the same draft which adds to the storylines and these three and their respective teams will be like a Magic/Jordan/Bird type deal...Should be fun.

pimp.gif

passing his prime? are you blind?? kobe is still at the top of his game, he's not gonna fall off any time soon

pimp.gif

I don't see how Bron/Melo would be more appealing than Bron/Kobe at this point. Kobe and Bron are CLEARLY the two best players in the gameright now and clearly as seen by the Nike, ESPN hype machine and the officiating in the playoffs, almost everyone is clamoring for that matchup to settle thequestion posed since the beginning of time, which is better fire or water
laugh.gif
. Melo and Bron will have plenty of time to meet especially with Melo really justemerging as a superstar/elite player in that Bron/Kobe/Wade class.

Would you really not have wanted to see Mike vs. Magic in both their primes? The NBA is going to be devastated if the Cavs/Lakers don't both make theFinals, you can be sure of that.

Originally Posted by swizzc

right now its looking more likely to be kobe vs dwight.
Then you aren't watching the Lakers series.

They've dominated the series, but had some mental mistakes late.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

pimp.gif

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Kobe vs. Lebron one time though. But it's interesting because 3 superstars of the league Bron, Melo, and Wade were all in the same draft which adds to the storylines and these three and their respective teams will be like a Magic/Jordan/Bird type deal...Should be fun.
these guys are gonna be battling each other for the next 10 years
eek.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Jesus remember when Lebron/Melo was all the rage?
laugh.gif

ESPN sure dropped that "rivalry" with the quickness. That's ALL we heard their first two years or so in the league, that first telecast betweenthem was pathetic we might as well have been told here is your Bird/Magic 2.0 now shut up.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

pimp.gif

I don't see how Bron/Melo would be more appealing than Bron/Kobe at this point. Kobe and Bron are CLEARLY the two best players in the game right now and clearly as seen by the Nike, ESPN hype machine and the officiating in the playoffs, almost everyone is clamoring for that matchup to settle the question posed since the beginning of time, which is better fire or water
laugh.gif
. Melo and Bron will have plenty of time to meet especially with Melo really just emerging as a superstar/elite player in that Bron/Kobe/Wade class.

Would you really not have wanted to see Mike vs. Magic in both their primes? The NBA is going to be devastated if the Cavs/Lakers don't both make the Finals, you can be sure of that.

You're missing my point though, yes I would love to see Kobe/Bron, so would the NBA, but how many years would it last? How long would the battle berelevant?

The reason Magic v Bird was Magic V Bird was becasue they met every year it seemed. 3 times in 4 years IN THEIR PRIME, in the finals no less.
eek.gif
eek.gif

For one year, this year, yes, Bron/Kobe would be great. But when Bron is 26 and Kobe is 32 goin on 33, is that the same? Thas all I'm sayin. Melo andBron can have the same year after year battles and BOTH be at the top of their games. Kobe won't be on the top of his game for 3-4 more years, come on.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by swizzc

right now its looking more likely to be kobe vs dwight.
Then you aren't watching the Lakers series.

They've dominated the series, but had some mental mistakes late.
I've watched every game. The Nuggets have had mental mistakes, but it is not like these are irregular for this team. They've been makingmental mistakes the entire season. To say that mental mistakes have cost them games is correct, but it is incorrect to assume they will stop making thesemental mistakes (which they have all season) in order to win a 2 of the next 3 with the Lakers having the home court. I just don't see it happening.

That's what I'm saying though, Kobe and Bron are both at the top of their game now (yes I know Bron can get better, but just for the sake of argumentsay that now is very near his prime) and Kobe assuming he actually gets some rest this offseason hasn't shown signs of slowing down, so I think he can playat least another 3 years at this level. And as far as Melo goes, we'll have to see what happens to him after Chauncey leaves, cause I'm convinced thathe is the leader of the Nuggets, not my boy Melo and they wouldn't be in the position they are if it wasn't for him. Besides if the Cavs don't winthe title this year or next, who knows where Bron will be and what kind of turnover the Nuggets roster will have, I'm sure they aren't going to be ableto keep all those guys they have now for another 5 years.

But I do get the gist of what you're saying CP.

I hope it will be Lebron & Melo.

It will probably be Lebron & Kobe.

It's all up to the officals and David Stern.

Back
Top Bottom